Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is £150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is £185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by turner32
Generally speaking, they will process the standard upgrade around the time of booking. Then, on the morning of the stay, they often upgrade further.
I have three separate bookings for 2023, two award stays and one flex rate. So far, none have been upgraded., and they’ve been booked for months now. Stayed here twice before and can’t recall of those stays were upgraded prior to check in but that is my current experience. I’m Diamond Ambassador.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 6:00 pm

To add a data point, recently stayed as a Diamond Amb., was not upgraded in app beforehand, quickly reached out via email enquiring about one and was offered a price to upgrade to a Mayfair room which I did not take up however upon arrival the following day, that was the very room I received anyway.

When next returning I will have lounge access by way of my elite amenity choice, and interested in any recent feedback re. the lounge.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 7:39 pm

Heading to London after a very long time for a two night weekend stay. Checked IHG's hotel offerings. IC Park Lane & Kimpton Fizroy are the two hotels which caught my eye but the price to value seems atrocious. 400GBP or 300GBP a night for 20sqm room... Made worse that they seem to be really stingy with their upgrades in both of the properties, even for Diamond Ambassadors. I also have some miles and free night certificate but i have a feeling i don't want to burn them and end up in a room where i can't even unpack my large luggage comfortably(and in the IC Park Lane outdated room judging by the pictures).
Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by ARR72
So did you make your request? How was it received?
requested mayfare comp upgrade beforehand, not possible only payable.
Requested once more during check in, also not possible, only if paying extra.
pazza2000 and ARR72 like this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by daruda
Old Dec 30, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by daruda
Similar process recently although the Mayfair upgrade was possible, without payment, at point of check-in. I guess it depends on how busy they are etc.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 9:01 am

I have three separate bookings for 2023, two award stays and one flex rate. So far, none have been upgraded., and they’ve been booked for months now. Stayed here twice before and can’t recall of those stays were upgraded prior to check in but that is my current experience. I’m Diamond Ambassador.
My personal experience :

Had a couple of two-night stays in 2022, one in April with the weekend night BOGO, one late November with flex rate - Booked one Mayfair Grand Room for both a few months before - Was upgraded to a King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor for both in the app, say a week after booking - For the second stay, was bumped to a Bedroom Suite Mayfair Floor at check-in.

I was Plat Ambassador for both stays, and booked through IHG web site. Last and unique visit was in 2015

On a more general standpoint, AMB upgrades appear - at least to me - 9 times out of 10 in the app a few days after booking.

Fred
Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by schlegfr
My personal experience :

Had a couple of two-night stays in 2022, one in April with the weekend night BOGO, one late November with flex rate - Booked one Mayfair Grand Room for both a few months before - Was upgraded to a King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor for both in the app, say a week after booking - For the second stay, was bumped to a Bedroom Suite Mayfair Floor at check-in.

I was Plat Ambassador for both stays, and booked through IHG web site. Last and unique visit was in 2015

On a more general standpoint, AMB upgrades appear - at least to me - 9 times out of 10 in the app a few days after booking.

Fred
Interesting - my take is maybe they just don’t like me here (unlike @ Paris LG, where I always feel the appreciation).
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:47 am

Just completed my third stay in recent months, 2 nights over new year

Similar experience, booked using points and proactively asked for a paid upgrade to a premium park view room, offered for £60 per night and processed in advance. Lounge access via 40n reward added at check-in and ambassador benefits offered (late checkout and food credit)

On the plus side, dinner at Alex Webb on NYE was great, good value at £140 a head and triggered an Amex offer for £75 back on £300 spend, lounge offering unchanged

On the negatives, lounge service is a little hit and miss, no clotted cream for the afternoon for 2 days, limited tea options, slow service at breakfast - all first-world problems but just enough to take the edge off the experience

Overall still very happy, at 40k points+ £60 per night for the premium park view rooms with lounge access it still feels like excellent value, just not sure I'd pay £400+ for the same experience
joorinainen likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyUK_101

Similar experience, booked using points and proactively asked for a paid upgrade to a premium park view room, offered for £60 per night and processed in advance. Lounge access via 40n reward added at check-in and ambassador benefits offered (late checkout and food credit)

On the plus side, dinner at Alex Webb on NYE was great, good value at £140 a head and triggered an Amex offer for £75 back on £300 spend, lounge offering unchanged

On the negatives, lounge service is a little hit and miss, no clotted cream for the afternoon for 2 days, limited tea options, slow service at breakfast - all first-world problems but just enough to take the edge off the experience

Overall still very happy, at 40k points+ £60 per night for the premium park view rooms with lounge access it still feels like excellent value, just not sure I'd pay £400+ for the same experience
Hi. Can you clarify the 40k points comment? Usually a lot more than that per night?
Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:35 pm

Does anyone know how much the hotel charges for breakfast?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:01 am

Does anyone know how much the hotel charges for breakfast?
We took the breakfast there only one day, back in November, and IIRC we paid GBP 30+ / person for the full cold + warm (american) buffet. I believe cold (continental) was 10 pounds or so cheaper. Some items, e.g. eggs benedict, come on top. Of course, all items can also be ordered "à la carte".

You can get a discount at the reception if you commit to take the breakfast for two days (and maybe more, not sure).

Fred
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by AndyUK_101

If you have a ambassador status why did you ask for paid upgrade instead of free? I checked some dates and entry level "1 King Cosy" goes for 392GBP/night and "1 King Premium Park View" goes for 471GBP/night. 78gbp difference and you paid 60gbp so your net value is 18gbp/night. I would call that kind of "upgrade" insult rather than upgrade
Old Jan 4, 2023, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
Hi. Can you clarify the 40k points comment? Usually a lot more than that per night?
I speculatively booked 8 stays when IHG had their little IT issues a few months ago, all ICs were 40k per night or less with no blackout dates
joorinainen likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by joorinainen
If you have a ambassador status why did you ask for paid upgrade instead of free? I checked some dates and entry level "1 King Cosy" goes for 392GBP/night and "1 King Premium Park View" goes for 471GBP/night. 78gbp difference and you paid 60gbp so your net value is 18gbp/night. I would call that kind of "upgrade" insult rather than upgrade
The premium was a little higher than that over NYE :-)

The base stay was on points so no obligation for the hotel to offer an upgrade as an ambassador and the £60 locked in a 2 category upgrade, in advance, over a busy period. Given i'm only using 40k points each night i don't really mind paying the 'full' cost for an upgrade
joorinainen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.