IC Frankfurt Master Thread [closed] - after January 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
IC Frankfurt Master Thread [closed] - after January 01, 2010

Does anyone know if the Panoramic Suites have been refurbed as part of the recent work?

I need 5 nights in FRA and we'll be taking the baby so we need a suite so we can put her to bed and still watch TV etc. I know I swore I would never go back to this hotel, but Euro 303 (not RA now!) for the suite is a good deal if they have been redone.

And if they've not been redone, there appears to be a brand new ApartHotel just opened relatively close (Adina Apartment Hotel) ...

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

IC Frankfurt Archive Tread

Thank you
FLYGVA

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 26, 2017 at 2:45 am
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Does anyone know if the Panoramic Suites have been refurbed as part of the recent work?

I need 5 nights in FRA and we'll be taking the baby so we need a suite so we can put her to bed and still watch TV etc. I know I swore I would never go back to this hotel, but Euro 303 (not RA now!) for the suite is a good deal if they have been redone.

And if they've not been redone, there appears to be a brand new ApartHotel just opened relatively close (Adina Apartment Hotel) ...
That Adina Hotel is wonderfull and not so dated like the IC!! I stayed there in November, while they had their 50th opening promo going on. Its right down the street, closed to the opera.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold

I stay there every week and I do not consider these suites to be dated. They are not modern stylish in a "W" sense of style, but pretty much ok as a classic city apartment. However, I only pay between 98 and 139 Euro for a superior room and enjoy the upgrade, so the expectations might be lower.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I stay there every week and I do not consider these suites to be dated. They are not modern stylish in a "W" sense of style, but pretty much ok as a classic city apartment. However, I only pay between 98 and 139 Euro for a superior room and enjoy the upgrade, so the expectations might be lower.
I also often enjoy those suites when staying here, but actually I don´t think I would be spending 300 EUR for it. It´s absolutely worth up to 200 EUR but beyond that it´s not worth the price.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lemieux66
I also often enjoy those suites when staying here, but actually I don´t think I would be spending 300 EUR for it. It´s absolutely worth up to 200 EUR but beyond that it´s not worth the price.
.... and as I've lost RA, €303 would be my price! Looks like Adria is the way to go, the photos are fantastic and there is a pool for the little one.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:07 pm

.... and as I've lost RA, €303 would be my price! Looks like Adria is the way to go, the photos are fantastic and there is a pool for the little one.
AFAIK there is no pool - or do you mean the bathtube ?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by SebFra
AFAIK there is no pool - or do you mean the bathtube ?
Raffles refers to the second option, the Adina hotel, which actually is equiped with an indoor pool. That´s for sure is a point when travelling with a baby.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Any updates about the IC Frankfurt? I am planning to visit Frankfurt in July and might consider the IC. It costs 89 EUR but I believe there are no benefits as a Ambassador, are there?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Any updates about the IC Frankfurt? I am planning to visit Frankfurt in July and might consider the IC. It costs 89 EUR but I believe there are no benefits as a Ambassador, are there?
Its a one category upgrade. If you book deluxe, you should end up in a suite.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Don't waste your money. Try the new Adina apartment hotel which is about 1 minutes walk down the same road (nearer the centre, further from the station). We had a 60 square metre suite there earlier this month for 129 Euro per night, B&B, and its a very pleasant place.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:22 pm

but 89 EUR is a bargain, as you will be upgraded as Ambassador and won´t end up in the old building.
For a night in the old unrenovated building even 89 E is way too much.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lemieux66
but 89 EUR is a bargain, as you will be upgraded as Ambassador and won´t end up in the old building.
For a night in the old unrenovated building even 89 E is way too much.
Last time I was there I got upgraded to a Panoramic Suite overlooking the river in the 'new' (relative term) building. And I still found the whole place so disgusting I won't go back, and the Adina got our money last month.

Anyway, if you need breakfast then Euro 129 at the Adina with breakfast for the whole family, FOR A SUITE, THAT IS BRAND NEW, is better than Euro 89 at the IC. And the Adina has a swimming pool.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last time I was there I got upgraded to a Panoramic Suite overlooking the river in the 'new' (relative term) building. And I still found the whole place so disgusting I won't go back, and the Adina got our money last month.

Anyway, if you need breakfast then Euro 129 at the Adina with breakfast for the whole family, FOR A SUITE, THAT IS BRAND NEW, is better than Euro 89 at the IC. And the Adina has a swimming pool.
I am aware of your view; you said it several times and given that, I even gave the Adina a try for the 149 Euro I paid. Certainly not bad at all, but for me it is more a serviced appartment than a hotel suite. I normally pay in the range of 110 Euro for the IC incl. breakfast, get access to one of the very good lounges in the system and get my Panoramic Suite with my free minibar. So I still believe, for a RA the IC Frankfurt is a very good choice. If I want to visit a "disgusting" place I have plenty of opportunity to do so while being in London.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
You are generally so even-handed in criticism, so your strong comments on Frankfurt's IC beg some expansion!

It's not exactly IC's jewel in the crown, and comes over a tad dated, but the lounge - and its agents - are pretty much top-notch.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

'Disgusting' is perhaps too strong, although the food was shockingly bad. The whole thing was just o..l..d - peeling wallpaper (revealing the old wallpaper) etc. Never actually used the lounge. I just found it soul-wrenchingly depressing. Perhaps the fact that I live in a state-of-the-art house has something to do with it - anything that hasn't seen a redecoration in 20 years will always get a thumbs down from me. I still do have nightmares about the uncooked pancake they served me, though, which was still runny and cold in the middle. The bottom line (from my viewpoint) is that life is too short to go back to places like that, especially when Frankfurt has so many better places.

Whilst Adina is officially a serviced apartment complex, it offers everything we needed from a hotel - fully staffed reception, restaurant, bar, pool, gym etc. The only differences are a) no business centre and b) bed linen only changed once every 3 days - albeit the room is cleaned daily. They may also struggle for stuff like babysitting but we never tried them out. The suites have kitchenettes but apart from that are indentical to any mid-range hotel suite.

Flying Lawyer is also an RA, of course, which skews the price / value ratio away from the Adina and others. If you're not RA then I'd consider it even less appealing.

Last edited by Raffles; Jun 24, 2010 at 8:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.