Wiki Posts
Search

IC Frankfurt Master Thread [closed] - after January 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer

King Alex? I never thought I would miss him.
Indeed. He was so comfortable in his role, understood his guests well, and seemed universally adored by staff. But careers move on, things change.

I had quite a stand-off with his replacement, and although i won the day it created an awkwardness. I prefer stays that don't include confrontation and haven't felt comfortable about going back. It's not as though alternatives are thin on the ground, though I do miss the unique lounge service.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kalboz
I'm all for employee rights and all, but what I don't understand is why these people who are unhappy with their jobs and not delighted about guests are working in hospitality sector!! After all hotels are consumer/guest contact intensive sector and hospitality is not only part of the nomer but also the nature of the business!

They are happy with the customers but unhappy with a certain person.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Question tangentially about this IC. Have stayed here a few times, but this time booked one night for 93 USD at the HI Alte Oper as I read it was nicer than the IC. The IC is ~100 USD. Good move to try something else? Or how are the airport hotels to save another $20-30? I'm coming in early Saturday morning, departing Sunday afternoon -- will spend my layover day hopefully biking around and enjoying a good dinner so was thinking I should be in the center, but it's not required. Priorities are easy back/forth to the airport and easy back/forth to food/drink/sights (if staying at the airport).

Edit: Also apologies for this post location - I couldn't find a thread for the "Alte Oper" - perhaps as kept typing in "Opera" - committing my own pet peeves of not searching and poor spelling to boot!

Last edited by leland; May 25, 2019 at 6:24 pm Reason: search fail
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
IC Frankfurt Club Lounge ?

Sounds like as a Spire member I wouldn't get club lounge access :-(
Would an AMB Spire get club lounge access ?

Would we get breakfast as Spire ? AMB Spire ?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:52 pm

No.
No.
No.
No.

IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Would an AMB Spire get club lounge access ?
I didn't.

Incidentally, the welcome gift was a beer. I ordered one at the bar, and the barman poured it. It turns out the voucher only covers the house beer (no mention in the small print). The barman's solution was to tip the (presumably better) beer down the drain and serve me the other one. Never felt so appreciated
turner32 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Are they EVER going to renovated this hotel?
According to my sources in the industry, they will close the hotel for two years to conduct a thorough and complete refurbishment.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by flyme2
According to my sources in the industry, they will close the hotel for two years to conduct a thorough and complete refurbishment.
This is way past due! No idea how they have even been able to compete without it for this long.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:35 am

I am just staying there. Will be a challenge to renovate. Lobby is akward, restaurant not much better. Better tear it down and build something nicer.
Mr. LAU likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I was reminded of the room/suite design at the IC Frankfurt when staying at the IC Vienna last month another IC that could do with a refurb (although the public spaces are fine).
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:42 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by ajamieson
I didn't.

Incidentally, the welcome gift was a beer. I ordered one at the bar, and the barman poured it. It turns out the voucher only covers the house beer (no mention in the small print). The barman's solution was to tip the (presumably better) beer down the drain and serve me the other one. Never felt so appreciated
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I was reminded of the room/suite design at the IC Frankfurt when staying at the IC Vienna last month another IC that could do with a refurb (although the public spaces are fine).
Well IC Vienna is slated for demolition and rebuild starting some time in 2020 if they move ahead with the plans. There has been some back and forth on the whole project for years as it is planned to redevelop the whole complex incl. ice skating ring and all.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Wife is slated to stay here Tues-Thursday this week...spire elite. She's traveling with another female colleague.
Can anyone suggest any walkable safe restaurants near the hotel? Or let me know if the hotel restaurant is OK?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Wife is slated to stay here Tues-Thursday this week...spire elite. She's traveling with another female colleague.
Can anyone suggest any walkable safe restaurants near the hotel? Or let me know if the hotel restaurant is OK?
The whole area is walkable and safe! If they are bothered walking down a street with some adult bookstores they should stay away from the main road down from the train station (Taunusstraße) but even that area is generally safe.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
The whole area is walkable and safe! If they are bothered walking down a street with some adult bookstores they should stay away from the main road down from the train station but even those areas are safe.
Perfect...THANKS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.