Holiday Inn Cape Cod Hyannis (Master Thread)

Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Holiday Inn Cape Cod Hyannis (Master Thread)

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Hyannis, MA (on the south coast of Cape Cod, for the uninitiated!), and seeing as there appears to be no information whatsoever on here about it, I thought I would update you with my views.

The hotel is situated out of town on one of the main highways, very close to Barnstable Airport, but you never hear/see any aircraft (they're all small props anyway). It's a short taxi ride or car journey into town.

The hotel appears to be new or newly refurbished. Staff all very helpful and provided excellent service. There is a large, but very cold swimming pool and nice jacuzzi by the lobby/reception.

The rooms are modern and nicely furnished, but very small. Beds were comfortable, but there was no minibar. The aircon unit appeared to be broken and had to be unplugged to turn it off - it was very loud.

The bathroom was nicely decorated, but only sparse amenities were provided (one bar of soap, one shampoo and one hair conditioner). The shower was not so good - the water pressure was very high and even painful through the number and size of nozzles on the shower head (I know ... diddums ).

The bar and restaurant was excellent. A nice, but slightly limited menu, but with good options. A nice large screen showed mainly sports in the bar (White Sox v Red Sox whilst I was there). The decor was again nice.

I didn't appear to get any kind of benefit for being Platinum, although I'm not sure what should have been available - I doubt this type of hotel has many suites at all. Points posted about 3-4 days after stay and were all in order. Stay booked through PC website.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them. I'd generally recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the area, it provides a great base for day trips out to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: AC
Just stayed here and the end of this May.

The review still seems accurate, except for the part where the hotel is new or newly refurbished

However, the only downside is the positioning of the A/C unit. Not only is it loud, but it's RIGHT beside the desk (desk chair to be specific), so on a hot day, when you need the A/C, but also need to work at the desk, you'll be caught freezing because you're constantly blasted with cold air.

I'm not any status with PC, but the front desk was very friendly... almost too friendly...

In any case, I'll probably return to this hotel later this year because the staff was friendly and the room was well kept.
Old May 16, 2023, 10:46 am

Well, this thread is well overdue for some more input, and since I snagged an early summer day at this property with my capped free night certificate, I am wondering if anyone has recently stayed at this property and can offer any advice on the state of the property and elite benefits, if any?

Recent reviews on T/A and other sources paint a positive picture, but if anyone has anything more to add, I'm all ears.

Thank you.
Old May 31, 2023, 9:50 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by COLINDAD
Well, this thread is well overdue for some more input, and since I snagged an early summer day at this property with my capped free night certificate, I am wondering if anyone has recently stayed at this property and can offer any advice on the state of the property and elite benefits, if any?

Recent reviews on T/A and other sources paint a positive picture, but if anyone has anything more to add, I'm all ears.

Thank you.
I stayed here two years ago, so not a particularly recent data point (and at that point the hotel wasn't running any F&B ops). But it was a perfectly decent, recently renovated Holiday Inn sporting the new decor. Don't think the property has much to offer in terms of upgrades, as most regular rooms are roughly the same. I was attending a nearby wedding and used points, which was a good deal vs cash rates. Only tip is that the building is fairly large and surrounded on most sides with parking, so to make things easier for yourself, check in first and then move your car. Overall nothing memorable but it's a decent chain option for the area.
Old May 31, 2023, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by dw
I stayed here two years ago, so not a particularly recent data point (and at that point the hotel wasn't running any F&B ops). But it was a perfectly decent, recently renovated Holiday Inn sporting the new decor. Don't think the property has much to offer in terms of upgrades, as most regular rooms are roughly the same. I was attending a nearby wedding and used points, which was a good deal vs cash rates. Only tip is that the building is fairly large and surrounded on most sides with parking, so to make things easier for yourself, check in first and then move your car. Overall nothing memorable but it's a decent chain option for the area.
Many thanks and I will remember your advice when I am next in the area!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.