Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is this for sure? Many people were staying on floor 15 and still complains of street noise starting at 6am!! Any recommended street side to request?
Never heard anything (double glass windows), even when facing Cromwell Road.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Does booking an Executive Room give you access to the Business lounge ? It does not mention anyway in the description details of the room benefits.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by meremale
Does booking an Executive Room give you access to the Business lounge ? It does not mention anyway in the description details of the room benefits.
I usually book a 'King Executive' which does give lounge access whenever I stay there. However, I think some rates offer it only at a supplement to the 'Executive Room' cost. All ihg status gets you is free bar voucher(s) or points.

However, when I stayed there in December 2018, the coffee shop and restaurant were closed for refurbishment and the Business Lounge was being used as a makeshift restuarant/coffee shop instead. In lieu of Business Lounge access I was offered free breakfasts and some extra ihg points (not elite qualifying sadly). I think they said the refurbishment should be finished by now, but it could be worth checking that the Business Lounge has returned to its proper function.

BM

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Jan 15, 2019 at 10:59 pm
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:57 pm

Anyone with recent experience of this location? I'm usually frequenting Hilton Honours hotels (including the DoubleTree London Kensington near by) as Diamond. Recent Lonon prices are crazy. Was considering this location. I have IHG Spire Elite from status match (which may have lasted much longer than expected as it was pre covid!) but know that doesn't really guarantee much.

Heard that the owners put in planning permission to demolish the building but it was turned down ... does the hotel fit the general picture of something on it's last legs?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by chrish2

Heard that the owners put in planning permission to demolish the building but it was turned down ... does the hotel fit the general picture of something on it's last legs?
100% Personally it’s a hard avoid. Terrible plumbing is the main reason
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Plat 2.2MM, AA nobody, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Just had an email from this one (I had a very small credit voucher with them that they have refunded) - they're shutting next month, since they were bought by new owners who also apparently think the place lacks a certain something...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.