Wiki Posts
Search

List of IC's that remove alcohol from RA's minibar before arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by upgrader

Some say that the only thing now guaranteed in writing is late checkout.
I suggest you remind those wags of the FREE newspaper.

Many are the mornings I've been grateful for the opportunity to marvel at the complexities of Hungarian, Polish etc, since they pulled the plug on those splendid internet delivered, hotel printed, copies of The Times.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:15 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Austman
But the policy is still clearly stated on the web:
But many IC hotels still give you the non-beverage items for free and will also put that down in writing.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:54 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
IC Grand Stanford HKG: leaves all hard liquor (spirits) in the minibar, but also puts up a notice stating that RAs will only get complementary wine/beer and soft drinks.
Really? Stayed there last month and didn't spot any notice. Must check my CC bill.....

At the IC HKG I think there was a difference between the mini-bar in my temp 8am room and the j. suite I eventually moved to. No XO for example. (May have just been the differene between a contempory room and a standard room).

-- Dambus
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:32 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Dambus
Really? Stayed there last month and didn't spot any notice. Must check my CC bill.....

At the IC HKG I think there was a difference between the mini-bar in my temp 8am room and the j. suite I eventually moved to. No XO for example. (May have just been the differene between a contempory room and a standard room).

-- Dambus
This was about a year ago. Had a major confrontation with them about this. Called RA services from the hotel. They called hotel duty manager etc etc etc. Hotel refused to budge.

RA services told me, they'd be contacting the GM later, and they also gave me some bonus PC points for the hassle.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Austman
But the policy is still clearly stated on the web:
Alas, it is but the right to "beverages from the minibar" not a declaration of what those beverages comprise, thus the flexibility of removing certain highly-desireable and innately costly beverages, leaving water, sodas and other such intolerably healthy/relatively inexpensive liquids in lieu of the golden syrups of more refined and decadent natures.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:22 pm

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
I'm not sure but they may remove minibar items in Cyprus too. The minibar there had sodas, water and beer. But the minibar menu listed wines and champagne etc...
Old Jun 29, 2006, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
This was about a year ago. Had a major confrontation with them about this. Called RA services from the hotel. They called hotel duty manager etc etc etc. Hotel refused to budge.

RA services told me, they'd be contacting the GM later, and they also gave me some bonus PC points for the hassle.
For my previous stay at the IG Grand Stanford middle of May, ALL minibar drink items were free incl. the small liquor bottles, but NOT the snack items(however, only 2 bottles of gin, whodka and whiskey each in the bar).

I had some discussions with them abouth the lack of proper upgrade prior to my arrival, maybe they did not dare to also deny me the liquors . (BTW, I booked a City View Club Room and was upgraded to a "Executive Club Room with Harbour View", which was a little larger that the standard room).
Old Jun 29, 2006, 8:38 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well the IC BKK does give you a full minibar if you politely confront them with your utter confusion about the contents of the minibar in your room and the one in your colleagues room. In my most accomodating way I spoke to the front desk manager with a baffled expression on my face on how that could be. Would it be because they forgot to restock it after the previous guest had left? Or could it be that due to the RA benefit of free minibar contents the liquor had been removed? No I couldn't imagine that a well respected property like to IC BKK would revert to such lowly ways of cheating their chain's supposed top customers out of a documented benefit. No really impossible.

5 min later my minibar was fuller than full and a half bottle (0.375l) of champagne was thrown in compliments of the hotel. Look at that. NO problem, mistakes do happen after all.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:22 am

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
Originally Posted by demue
Well the IC BKK does give you a full minibar if you politely confront them with your utter confusion about the contents of the minibar in your room and the one in your colleagues room. In my most accomodating way I spoke to the front desk manager with a baffled expression on my face on how that could be. Would it be because they forgot to restock it after the previous guest had left? Or could it be that due to the RA benefit of free minibar contents the liquor had been removed? No I couldn't imagine that a well respected property like to IC BKK would revert to such lowly ways of cheating their chain's supposed top customers out of a documented benefit. No really impossible.

5 min later my minibar was fuller than full and a half bottle (0.375l) of champagne was thrown in compliments of the hotel. Look at that. NO problem, mistakes do happen after all.
I like it !
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demue

LOL. Well done! When I asked them over the phone about the reduced minibar, all they said was that they would send up one 0.375l bottle of Black Label as a "one-time exception".
Old Jun 29, 2006, 2:33 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Of more concern to me is the complete lack of knowledge of RA benefits, regarding the mini-bar. Had to battle constant queries at reception about 'so sir, did you have anything from the mini-bar' to a letter from some manager explaining how he has taken the liberty of charging my Amex for drinks consumed, and his apologies for not having done so at check-out.

And this was at the Amstel over Easter for pete's sakes! What hope Sharm el-Sheikh on a a $75 rate?!
Old Jun 29, 2006, 2:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by tristan727
And this was at the Amstel over Easter for pete's sakes!
Was this an award or a paid stay?
Old Jun 29, 2006, 3:31 pm

I said it first!

I said it first
More than one year ago!

What's my prize?

maclover
Old Jun 29, 2006, 6:18 pm

IC Cyprus

Originally Posted by Squirrel99uk
I'm not sure but they may remove minibar items in Cyprus too. The minibar there had sodas, water and beer. But the minibar menu listed wines and champagne etc...
I had a different experience: back in October 2005 the minibar was fully stocked and even the non-beverage items included for RA
Old Jun 29, 2006, 6:26 pm

Programs: SWN, UAL, AA, DL
In my line of work an "RA" is a "reformed alcoholic.' Needless to say, I found this thread title very intruiging!

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.