FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Madrid Master Thread [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/563962-ic-madrid-master-thread-merged.html)

jp7124 Jan 11, 2011 3:05 pm

IC Madrid Master Thread [merged]

I stayed three nights just before Christmas, 2010. The hotel honored my Ambassador status with an upgrade and welcome gift. I did call the GM ahead of time to confirm, as I had read some negative comments on their rooms on other boards. Excellent Club (food and service) with a steep 75/euro a day fee. I am now RA but did not hold the status during this stay.

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ve-thread.html

Thank you
FLYGVA
Moderator IHG Forum

TomT Jan 16, 2011 8:01 am

Express Airport Bus....MAD-IC ?

Greetings:

I understand that Madrid now has a "express bus" from MAD to Madrid Center?

Has any one used this bus to get to Madrid IC?

Any infomation would be appreciated.

Thanks, TT

Roger Jan 16, 2011 10:31 am

A similar bus, possibly the same, was discussed in the Europe forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...a-station.html

I didn't find out whether it served the IC.

craz Jan 16, 2011 1:35 pm

when I was just over there I asked at my Hotel (Westin Palace) and was told I could take a Metro to where the Bus stops or a cab. I simply took the Metro the whole to the airport

I think there are 2 or 3 stops only and if I remember where the IC is then OP youd be like me having to 1st find your way to a stop and it no longer making sense $$ wise to go with the bus

Hannibal Lecter Jan 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Roger (Post 15669200)
A similar bus, possibly the same, was discussed in the Europe forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...a-station.html

I didn't find out whether it served the IC.

(cuatro paradas en los puntos más emblemáticos de la ciudad).

It says 4 stops, but they only list 3: O'donnel, Cibeles and Atocha

here's a timetable
http://www.emtmadrid.es/lineaAeropuerto/horarios.html

nicolas75 Jan 16, 2011 3:31 pm

Metro is so fast and so cheap (only one connection, metro station just next to the hotel), who needs an express airport bus for IC Madrid ??

djjaguar64 Jan 28, 2011 7:50 am

So as a Gold Ambassador what room should I book to get access to a Club room.

kyushuman Jan 29, 2011 9:27 am

In October, as a Platinum Ambassador, I booked an Executive Deluxe (IIRC) and was upgraded to Club Access, but I don't think it was an automatic upgrade--I'm thinking the hotel was full and I got a better room. But maybe that is the UG?
But anyway, I booked one level above Deluxe and ended up with a nice room, inside-courtyard-facing (great in winter, not sure if it's noisy in summer since there are restaurants that have outdoor seating). Quite nice lounge, very formal, decent food spread for breakfast.

ken7 Mar 8, 2011 2:33 pm

A lowly Platinum non-ambassador here, I booked a 1 night Sweet Dilemma stay next month. Any chance at all of an upgrade of any kind? I'm assuming I'd have to be an ambassador to have a shot, but for 1 night it's hardly worth it.

Hannibal Lecter Mar 11, 2011 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ken7 (Post 15998367)
A lowly Platinum non-ambassador here, I booked a 1 night Sweet Dilemma stay next month. Any chance at all of an upgrade of any kind? I'm assuming I'd have to be an ambassador to have a shot, but for 1 night it's hardly worth it.

no idea if it was an upgrade, but we got a room which was quite nice
if it was a standard room it was the best standard room I've stayed in at an IC

Juliusgg Mar 11, 2011 11:10 am

They normally just Upgrade ambassadors (1 level), Standard to Executive, Executive to Club, Club to Jr Suite..., I discuss many times whith then regarding upgrading to Club rooms when they don't provide access is stupid, many of the executives are bigger than clubs, basically all club rooms have separate bath and shower, some of the executive also have a big bathroom with separate bath and shower but all the stantards, I guess, bathroom is a bath with shower, no separate.

Lounge is very well attended, just note that no alcohol appart from beers , wine and cava is avalable, but it´s a nice lounge, good selection for breakfast, lunch time, tea time and dinner.

Also there are several rooms whith big terraces, not just a balcony...

Shareholder Mar 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Juliusgg (Post 16016692)
Lounge is very well attended, just note that no alcohol appart from beers , wine and cava is avalable, but it´s a nice lounge, good selection for breakfast, lunch time, tea time and dinner.

Also there are several rooms whith big terraces, not just a balcony...

But these alcoholic drinks are available through most of the day and not just during the cocktail hour. Think I even had cava during Sunday breakfast!

As I posted on the other Madrid thread, the airport express bus is not really good for the IC. Stick to the subway and transfer from line 8 at its terminus to line 10 going south. Takes less than an hour and costs just 2Euros.

pomkiwi Mar 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 16018576)
As I posted on the other Madrid thread, the airport express bus is not really good for the IC. Stick to the subway and transfer from line 8 at its terminus to line 10 going south. Takes less than an hour and costs just 2Euros.

That line is notorious for pickpocketing and travellers are targeted. In 7 or 8 trips I had one incident when somebody tried to pull my bag away in an (unsuccessful) attempt to distract, on another occasion I had my front jeans pocket opened with a razor and felt my wallet being removed. On reporting this to the police they were not surprised at the theft but were quite impressed with the way that my pocket had been cut open.

TomT May 4, 2011 6:17 am

IC Madrid transfer from MAD.....Cost?

Greetings:
I checked with the IC Madrid to see about airport pick up, they said no problem but cost would be 105E + 8 % VAT + 5% Cerdit card charge.

That seemed a bit high? All other hotels we have used just add the transfer to my bill......no CC charge.........

Any enlightment.................Thanks........TT

boekel May 4, 2011 9:02 am

Originally Posted by TomT (Post 16325783)
Greetings:
I checked with the IC Madrid to see about airport pick up, they said no problem but cost would be 105E + 8 % VAT + 5% Cerdit card charge.

That seemed a bit high? All other hotels we have used just add the transfer to my bill......no CC charge.........

Any enlightment.................Thanks........TT

when you book a junior suite a two way complimentary airport transfer is included. not sure, if thats an option for you. though I have no idea how it works in case of upgrade to a junior suite

otherwise you can take a taxi outside the terminal without any hassle