IC Madrid Master Thread [merged]

Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by boekel
there are quite some restaurants in the neighborhood. its just a question for what you are looking for, in terms of quality, price and kitchen

CB13 on the opposite site of the avenida is quite pleasant. not upscale, surprisingly mostly empty but very fair wine prices.
Well we are going on holibobs so I tend to splash out a bit. Trying to reserve a table at that Dstage place at the moment too. I've heard cool things about Diego Guererro.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by boekel
there are quite some restaurants in the neighborhood. its just a question for what you are looking for, in terms of quality, price and kitchen.
Indeed

https://mobile.twitter.com/search/li...rid+restaurant
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I will go at Lateral for an unformal lunch.

Luiz Bombon or Bar Tomate for evening pleasant moment.

Punkbach is now closed (has it reopened?)

Otto for gastronomy in a relax atmosphere.

{ everything at less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel }

You must also walk to Platea, an amazing gastronomy food court in a former cinema.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:33 pm

I just used my "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Anniversary Free Night" to book a Deluxe Double room at the hotel. The room shows that 2 people is maximum. If I am a RA, is there any possible I could be upgraded to a club room with 3 adult?
Old May 27, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I have booked a "Club Double Room" for 4 nights at IC Madrid. The hotel is completely sold out I noticed, because I tried to add a room for a colleague, but that wasn't possible. I have some trouble understanding what a 2 level upgrade is supposed to be though. They have modified my booking so it now says: "1 KING BED CLUB ROOM WITH LOUNGE ACCESS", which doesn't sound like an upgrade at all, if you ask me.

Anyone know how they upgrade here? A year ago, I booked the cheapest and got a Family Suite, or whatever it's called. It's just a large room with a sofa bed and some chairs and not much of a view.
Old May 28, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by johhenrik
I have booked a "Club Double Room" for 4 nights at IC Madrid. The hotel is completely sold out I noticed, because I tried to add a room for a colleague, but that wasn't possible. I have some trouble understanding what a 2 level upgrade is supposed to be though. They have modified my booking so it now says: "1 KING BED CLUB ROOM WITH LOUNGE ACCESS", which doesn't sound like an upgrade at all, if you ask me.

Anyone know how they upgrade here? A year ago, I booked the cheapest and got a Family Suite, or whatever it's called. It's just a large room with a sofa bed and some chairs and not much of a view.
They've also done this to me for an upcoming stay although in my case my room rate has also increased 50 Euros per night from the rate that was confirmed on the original booking. Odd.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by johhenrik

Had booked the same category as you in March for 7 nights and even at CI they were offering only a one level upgrade to a larger family room. I politely asked, if they know the new RA T&C, but they didn't want to go beyond. At the end we came to a satisfactory solution.

However as RA and SPG Plat, I'd go next time with a Marriott or SPG affiliated property. Contrary to other ICs I've stayed this year, in Madrid I didn't feel at all welcome.

I hope that your stay will be better than mine
Old May 31, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I was upgraded to a Family Room, but I asked for another with a balcony instead and the lady in the Club lounge happily obliged. I ended up with a Premium Suite on the second floor. The hotel is very busy and the Indian Prime Minister seems to be staying at the hotel now, so security is very high. Armored police cars outside, scanning of bags etc when entering, showing keys that you belong there.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone know how much an airport pickup transfer by the hotel car is?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:32 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:12 am
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by markle
It's a fixed price €30 from the normal airport taxi rank. Almost all take credit cards. No real need to use a hotel car service.
Yes I know, but asking for someone else. I see Blacklane is 50, not too bad with a meet and greet. If the hotel car is not much more, it may be worth it as they tend to book you into a better room upon arrival (and know exactly when you're coming).
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Yes I know, but asking for someone else. I see Blacklane is 50, not too bad with a meet and greet. If the hotel car is not much more, it may be worth it as they tend to book you into a better room upon arrival (and know exactly when you're coming).
I agree, normally, if there's not much difference between the Blacklane price v.s. the Hotels - I'd go for the hotel - it gets you checked in quicker and they normally have the documents ready for you at arrival.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by BuddhaExplores
I agree, normally, if there's not much difference between the Blacklane price v.s. the Hotels - I'd go for the hotel - it gets you checked in quicker and they normally have the documents ready for you at arrival.
Thanks, this was for my parents and Blacklane worked just fine for 40 euros iirc. Didn't get any response from the hotel beforehand. On the bright side, they were able to check in at 10:30am, which was the goal all along.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Thanks, this was for my parents and Blacklane worked just fine for 40 euros iirc. Didn't get any response from the hotel beforehand. On the bright side, they were able to check in at 10:30am, which was the goal all along.
That's good to know - the odd thing about the hotel is if you're driving - it might be worth dropping your bags off before driving down because whilst the staff in the carpark was excellent - we had to drag our bags all the way up the carpark (no lifts) - although, that could also be because when we were there - they had Prime Minister Modi (India) there and security was tight. Just posted a review of it as well with some pictures of the club room.

https://buddhaexplores.com/2017/11/1...-hotel-review/
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
just visited IC Madrid for the 1st time

far from impressed, it is a tired out old hotel and got a weak RA upgrade

the service and offerings in the Club Lounge were decent despite it looking like a retirement home recreation room

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.