Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (Early check in unavailable). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (Late check out unavailable but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool. and The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by strickers
Does anyone know now when the refurbishment will start?
I just stayed there over CNY last month and was told the refurbishment would start after CNY 2020.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I just stayed there over CNY last month and was told the refurbishment would start after CNY 2020.
Thanks, ties in with what I got via email and will reopen as a Regent. Looks like GS for me instead.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Just booked 3 nights (2 reservations) at IC HK. First night is Chase Free night. Bought the Ambassador membership today and used the second night free certificate to book the second reservation for Saturday and Sunday nights. Here is my question. This is the first time I have used the Ambassador Free Night certificate. Since I used it as soon I received, I have not been able to find the certificate in my account. What do I need to show when I check in?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Just booked 3 nights (2 reservations) at IC HK. First night is Chase Free night. Bought the Ambassador membership today and used the second night free certificate to book the second reservation for Saturday and Sunday nights. Here is my question. This is the first time I have used the Ambassador Free Night certificate. Since I used it as soon I received, I have not been able to find the certificate in my account. What do I need to show when I check in?
"Beginning 1 March 2019, physical certificates are no longer necessary. To redeem, simply book here and you will be credited your one annual complimentary weekend night at check-in upon presentation of a valid ID and member number"
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:30 pm

Has anyone been able to book a stay here using the annual free night from Chase? I just tried but the rep said there isn't any availability for Free Night, only for points booking. I had assumed if there was availability to book with points, then there would be availability for the Free Night award.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by spunkyt83
Has anyone been able to book a stay here using the annual free night from Chase? I just tried but the rep said there isn't any availability for Free Night, only for points booking. I had assumed if there was availability to book with points, then there would be availability for the Free Night award.
The Chase Free Night no longer works at all IHG properties. Only properties which cost 40K points and lower.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
For those looking to book a stay here before the renovation, seeing some rates in the 1895 HKD range on Virtuoso. Booking a Harbour View room -- about 500 HKD more -- seems to unlock Club access:

BBF FOR 2. USD100 FB CREDIT. HIGH SPEED WIFI. BK HARBOURVIEW RM OR SUITE STAYS UNTIL SEP 30 2019 INCL COMP CLUB FOR 2PAX. 3RD NIGHT FREE WITH CLUB FOR STAY IN SUPERIOR SUITE EXECUTIVE SUITE OR DELUXE SUITE UNTIL SEP 30 2019. RM UPGRADE UPON BOOKING TILL SEP 30 2019.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
The Chase Free Night no longer works at all IHG properties. Only properties which cost 40K points and lower.
Actually, this is the one that has no cap (prior to them to changing and limiting it to 40k).
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by spunkyt83
Actually, this is the one that has no cap (prior to them to changing and limiting it to 40k).
Is it beyond the timeframe for that free night? I'm not having any issues booking an unlimited free night I earned as part of a promotion here, so don't think the Chase night would be any different unless it was a 40k-max award or the award you were trying to book was outside the timeframe of your award.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Is it beyond the timeframe for that free night? I'm not having any issues booking an unlimited free night I earned as part of a promotion here, so don't think the Chase night would be any different unless it was a 40k-max award or the award you were trying to book was outside the timeframe of your award.
My Free night expires in September and I'm looking to book for a stay in October. I was told by their phone rep they changed the policy earlier this year and that stay must be by expiration date. Their Twitter initially told me you can't book for past expiration date but then backtracked and confirmed what their phone rep said.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
If I book a deluxe room as an ambassador, will I be upgraded to a harbour view room?
Is there any hidden room category between deluxe room and harbour view room?

Thanks,
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: Various memberships
I am looking at booking 1 paid night, using a free IHG night (UK Credit Card) and Points for 1 night. As an Ambassador what do people think my chances are of being upgraded on the first night (the paid one) and being allowed to keep the same room for all 3 nights?

TIA
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:51 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
I am looking at booking 1 paid night, using a free IHG night (UK Credit Card) and Points for 1 night. As an Ambassador what do people think my chances are of being upgraded on the first night (the paid one) and being allowed to keep the same room for all 3 nights?
Minimal. I was there in December. I paid for the first night and used a credit card night for the 2nd. They calculated the upgrade I would have received as an ambassador. I had to pay up from it to remain in the room I had booked for the first night. By the way, I did a Virtuoso booking for the first night. It came with some nice perks.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TheEngineer

TIA
Ive done a couple of stays like this recently - two different room types/rates - and they always moved me. They make it easy to transfer, but wouldnt consider leaving me in the nicer room for the whole stay.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: Various memberships
Thanks both
DonPedro likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.