Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old May 21, 2018, 5:01 am

Why would they provide free breakfast?
Old May 21, 2018, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by express3
Thank you so much! I'm hoping those cranes don't obstruct the view from the pool area!
Last time I was there the barge was moving around right in front of the hotel. The crane is relatively small and does not block much of the view (and not at all on higher floors). The pool is on the city side of the hotel and does not have much of a view anyhow.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Last time I was there the barge was moving around right in front of the hotel. The crane is relatively small and does not block much of the view (and not at all on higher floors). The pool is on the city side of the hotel and does not have much of a view anyhow.
i found the construction to be good fun
Old May 23, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks. On your recommendation, I booked the Tesla ride for my departure from the hotel. With a modest new member discount code (6F2C3), it came to about US$42 -- which seems quite reasonably priced. Max capacity is 3, which is perfect since I have a party of 3. And now I won't have to deal with having the right cash for my departure.

As long as the driver shows, I'll be happy!
My Tesla driver was pretty prompt and the ride was easy (it was a holiday weekend, though).

Construction barge in front of the hotel had minimal impact on our stay. Construction next to the hotel, along the waterfront in front of the adjacent (and closed) art museum is mildly annoying, but it wouldn't stop me from staying here. I doubt I'd pay the going rates, but it's a great place to use some IHG free night certs while you can. IHG Plats still get a free drink in the lobby bar, which is quite worthwhile given the outstanding view. The light show is less than thrilling though; I would not make much effort to see it.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Any word on when the ICHK will close in 2019? I was able to book a room for Chinese New Year so I am hoping that it will remain open until afterwards. I really would like to see the fireworks from there.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Staying here next week, booked a Deluxe Junior Suite with an Ambassador upgrade to IC Superior Suite. Last time I stayed in 2014, I was in room XX48, which I believe is at the end of the east wing (?) on floors 4-12. I understand the Superior Suites 1536, 1538 and 1730 are a bit different in layout to XX48, what are the differences and are they worth requesting? Are there any other Superior Suites in the hotel other than these rooms?

Also, it may be old news to some, but in partial reply to vh_bu98's query above, a recent email from the hotel included the following wording at the bottom: "Following our major renovation, starting in early 2020, we will be rebranding the hotel back to The Regent Hong Kong in 2021. Click here to learn more. Until then, it’s business as usual."
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Deluxe Junior Suite to Superior Suite is an upgrade by the book but a downgrade if it comes to view.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Staying here next week, booked a Deluxe Junior Suite with an Ambassador upgrade to IC Superior Suite. Last time I stayed in 2014, I was in room XX48, which I believe is at the end of the east wing (?) on floors 4-12. I understand the Superior Suites 1536, 1538 and 1730 are a bit different in layout to XX48, what are the differences and are they worth requesting? Are there any other Superior Suites in the hotel other than these rooms?

Also, it may be old news to some, but in partial reply to vh_bu98's query above, a recent email from the hotel included the following wording at the bottom: "Following our major renovation, starting in early 2020, we will be rebranding the hotel back to The Regent Hong Kong in 2021. Click here to learn more. Until then, it’s business as usual."
I received the same info when I enquired a few days a go. I was also told that the New World Centre will be open Q1 2019.

How was it when you were there?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:29 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
There may be some damage at the IC due to the typhoon today...

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArXGPDk_7ZRXjpNbnKaI9gOL7CStrQ
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year during Hato they boarded up the front doors. A friend and his family stayed there thru Hato. Hotel forbid anyone to leave the hotel during the No.10 was hoisted. Not sure why they did not take the same procedure this time with Mangoteen which is a stronger typhoon than Hato.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxc
There may be some damage at the IC due to the typhoon today...

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArXGPDk_7ZRXjpNbnKaI9gOL7CStrQ
This is NOT IC. The video you posted is a Sheraton at Shenzhen, at the restaurant by the bay. Hotel is flooded with 3 meters of sea water now.

IC suffered blown out glass door as well.

Here is the video clip on IC HKG damage. Should be easy to clean up.

Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Don't forget that the IC will close after Chinese New Year for major renovations and will reopen under their former name Regent. The Regent brand has been acquired by IHG.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tentseller
Don't forget that the IC will close after Chinese New Year for major renovations and will reopen under their former name Regent. The Regent brand has been acquired by IHG.
If you scroll up four posts, you'll see that doesn't seem to be the current timeline.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Hi,

Thinking of a 2 night 2 room stay with my 70yr old parents. Their first time in HK, 2nd for me (but was working mostly).
Stayed at the Langham before, on the company :-)

I'm only a Platinum IHG member and my Mother's a Gold. So probably will just be treated with derision at being such lowly peasants ;-)
Would be tempted to buy Ambassador status if it'd guarantee us something nice like lounge access :-)
However I am thinking of using a free night cert & 210 points for the stay.
This hotel is twice the points of the IC Bangkok !! Only stayed there in a suite with lounge access though. So on points we will be in the 'basic' rooms at ICHK.

The ICHK is 'only' 10K points per night more than the ICGS so unless the ICGS gives lounge access &/or upgrades where ICHK wouldn't then the ICHK sounds the best to me. It does seem a shame though to stay in such a nice hotel and only have the basic room !!

Anyone know what, if any, benefits Plat get at these specific ICs on reward stays ? and how that would be improved by AMB status ?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Hi,

Thinking of a 2 night 2 room stay with my 70yr old parents. Their first time in HK, 2nd for me (but was working mostly).
Stayed at the Langham before, on the company :-)

I'm only a Platinum IHG member and my Mother's a Gold. So probably will just be treated with derision at being such lowly peasants ;-)
Would be tempted to buy Ambassador status if it'd guarantee us something nice like lounge access :-)
However I am thinking of using a free night cert & 210 points for the stay.
This hotel is twice the points of the IC Bangkok !! Only stayed there in a suite with lounge access though. So on points we will be in the 'basic' rooms at ICHK.

The ICHK is 'only' 10K points per night more than the ICGS so unless the ICGS gives lounge access &/or upgrades where ICHK wouldn't then the ICHK sounds the best to me. It does seem a shame though to stay in such a nice hotel and only have the basic room !!

Anyone know what, if any, benefits Plat get at these specific ICs on reward stays ? and how that would be improved by AMB status ?
Flagged for mods as cross posted at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...omparison.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.