Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I don't disagree, I feel like you misunderstood my point . I stay at the IC purely because the view is incredible, the third floor rooms with terraces overlooking the harbour are literally nowhere else in the world experiences to me. If the Rosewood has views on the same level then the IC is probably going to have to lower prices, even if the Rosewood is already twice the price!
Sorry if I misunderstood. But I don't think the IC will lower prices at all. The Rosewood will have the same views and better as it will be much higher. But as the Rosewood will likely have astronomical prices I don't think it will affect IC prices at all. At least not for the first couple of years. Remember the Pen has some great views too, and is priced higher than the IC, yet has never had any deleterious effect on IC/Regent pricing.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:39 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Remember that previously (only since 6months ago) Superior JS did not show up as bookable online, and Sup JS was purely used to upgrade RAs Entry Level Room bookings to.

Sup JS is also meant to be ignored as part of upgrade path (unless Amb very unlucky and zero Dlx JS free as either purchased or needed for RAs) for Amb who usually get a strict +1cat boost, so....

Amb Upgrade
HV -> Dlx HV
Dlx HV -> (skipping Sup JS unles Amb very unlucky) Dlx JS
Dlx JS -> Exec Suite

RA Upgrade
Base Room -> Sup JS + Club (both Paid+Award)
HV -> Dlx JS + Club
Dlx HV -> Dlx JS + Club
Dlx JS -> Exec Suite + Club
Room now says " IC Superior Suite."

This room doesn't appear to have a harbor view....
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by 355F1

Curious to hear how the room turns out. Good luck!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you care to scroll back in this thread, you can see that it is an amazing suite and yes it has full harbor views as well as TST views. Over 180 degrees. I believe there are two such suites. I had one that overlooked the CEO Suite terrace. Generally it is used by the security detail of whomever books the CEO Suite.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:23 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by stimpy
If you care to scroll back in this thread, you can see that it is an amazing suite and yes it has full harbor views as well as TST views. Over 180 degrees. I believe there are two such suites. I had one that overlooked the CEO Suite terrace. Generally it is used by the security detail of whomever books the CEO Suite.

Omg. You are right!!!!!

17th floor--you have to walk up stairs from the 16th floor.

It is extremely nice and very large! 2 bathrooms, too!!

Awesome!!!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Sorry if I misunderstood. But I don't think the IC will lower prices at all. The Rosewood will have the same views and better as it will be much higher. But as the Rosewood will likely have astronomical prices I don't think it will affect IC prices at all. At least not for the first couple of years. Remember the Pen has some great views too, and is priced higher than the IC, yet has never had any deleterious effect on IC/Regent pricing.
The views are not betting getter the higher you are. I love the cruise ships passing alongside my window, don't need helicopter view :-)
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The views are not betting getter the higher you are. I love the cruise ships passing alongside my window, don't need helicopter view :-)
I'm not talking about the RC 100th floor. But the 20th floor should not be too high. If you go to Felix at the Pen you can see that view and it is still spectacular.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold

Yes sould have mentioned Superior Suite, not differentiated, ie priced/treated same as Exec Suite.... also not bookable histotrically, same as could not book Superior JS.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Yes sould have mentioned Superior Suite, not differentiated, ie priced/treated same as Exec Suite.... also not bookable histotrically, same as could not book Superior JS.
Am also showing this as an upgrade from my booked poolview junior suite for a stay next month. I have had 2 proper suite types at the IC before, one which overlooked the Jacuzzi of a suite below and was a full suite with separate living room but internally facing bathroom no windows). Also had what I thought was an Exec Suite with slightly bigger living area and bedroom, sauna in bathroom and large jacuzzi overlooking the harbour. Were either of these a superior suite?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Am also showing this as an upgrade from my booked poolview junior suite for a stay next month. I have had 2 proper suite types at the IC before, one which overlooked the Jacuzzi of a suite below and was a full suite with separate living room but internally facing bathroom no windows). Also had what I thought was an Exec Suite with slightly bigger living area and bedroom, sauna in bathroom and large jacuzzi overlooking the harbour. Were either of these a superior suite?
Having only been in one of the Superior Suites, I can only say that mine overlooked the terrace of the CEO Suite which had a nice jacuzzi right under my window. So perhaps that's the first one you had.

Actually if you look at post #388 in this thread you can see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by stimpy; Nov 28, 2016 at 7:18 pm
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Having only been in one of the Superior Suites, I can only say that mine overlooked the terrace of the CEO Suite which had a nice jacuzzi right under my window. So perhaps that's the first one you had.

Actually if you look at post #388 in this thread you can see what I'm talking about.
It might have been the one next door given the layout and aspect.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just a datapoint.

I recently booked 1 night at the IC Hong Kong with my annual Chase certificate. I have Platinum status from the CC. I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the Harbourview room. I think my one-night stay was quite a deciding factor for the upgrade, as I was asked at the front desk, "Will you be extending your stay?"

Miracles do happen!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:41 pm

Every room/suite description has the following disclosure:

"Upon arrival we will try to accommodate your bed type and smoking preferences"

That's a deal breaker for me if they can't guarantee me two beds and non-smoking. Any thoughts on this? Seems unusual.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sdfamily
Every room/suite description has the following disclosure:

"Upon arrival we will try to accommodate your bed type and smoking preferences"

That's a deal breaker for me if they can't guarantee me two beds and non-smoking. Any thoughts on this? Seems unusual.
That's the standard hotel verbiage, but I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker.

So from my experience with IC Hong Kong last year, smoking is the default unless you specify no smoking in your reservation. They downgraded me to deluxe harbourview room because I wouldn't accept a smoking executive suite when I checked in. They ended refunding me the difference in cost plus some for the first night. The following day, they moved me to a non-smoking executive suite.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
I booked two nights at IC HKG. I'm a Spire Ambassador.

First night: Deluxe Harbour view Room
Second Night: Chase Free night certificate

Received an email from the property confirming ambassador upgrade to Harbour View Jr Suite on Night one, but only guarantee of Superior Standard room the second night. Offered buy up to same Jr Suite the second night for 1800HKD. Otherwise, may have to change room.

Questions are as follows:

1. Thinking of countering by foregoing the Ambassador upgrade en lieu of keeping the dlx harbor view room for both nights. Think this would be accepted?
2. What are the chances that they end up upgrading second night to Jr Suite during check-in, anyway?
3. Any other thoughts of how best to approach?

The big thing for me is that I don't want to change rooms, if at all possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.