Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Dear All

Please see a link to my latest review of the IC Hong Kong Hotel.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26711817-post8.html

It is part of a wider trip report but I thought this section would be useful here.

Regards

aks120
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:46 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Thanks for the review. I'm guessing that they don't have complimentary transportation between the hotel and the airport?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by aks120
Dear All

Please see a link to my latest review of the IC Hong Kong Hotel.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26711817-post8.html

It is part of a wider trip report but I thought this section would be useful here.

Regards

aks120
Hugs from the staff? Seriously?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by JetAway
Hugs from the staff? Seriously?
Yup seriously - in all my travels it is the only time I have had one! The lady checking me out - who had also sorted out something else for me gave me a hug as I left to go for the taxi. She wished me well on my journeys and hoped I would be back soon.

aks120
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
Thanks for the review. I'm guessing that they don't have complimentary transportation between the hotel and the airport?
No not for me anyway - but it is easy to get to with the MTR and then a taxi. In fact the IC Grand Stanford is easier as they have a hotel bus that meets the airport express but this has always been a quick-ish hotel to get to from the airport for me.

Regards

aks120
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aks120
No not for me anyway - but it is easy to get to with the MTR and then a taxi. In fact the IC Grand Stanford is easier as they have a hotel bus that meets the airport express but this has always been a quick-ish hotel to get to from the airport for me.

Regards

aks120
I'm doing a long layover on my way back from China so I probably have 2-3 suitcases with me. I'm not sure if the MTR would be an ideal situation for me. I may have to grab a taxi or Uber at the airport.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I'm doing a long layover on my way back from China so I probably have 2-3 suitcases with me. I'm not sure if the MTR would be an ideal situation for me. I may have to grab a taxi or Uber at the airport.
The Express train from the airport includes a free shuttle to various hotels. You get to see a bit of Kong Kong going to and from. The closest stop to the IC is the Sheraton, which is basically across the street. From there it's a short walk or taxi to the IC. Should be doable with two large suitcases, but three would be a bit difficult. (The traffic is incredible, it's easier to cross Sainsbury Road by entering the underground metro on one side and exiting on the other. Another reason for a taxi is the entrance to the IC is set back quite a ways from the street and it is uphill.)
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
You can take the Airport Express (AEx) from airport to Kowloon station. It is a separate line of the MTR. From AEx Kowloon Station just take a taxi to the door of the IC.

From arrival into the car of the train is the same level, no steps up or down. It is the same at AEx Kowloon station.
Roll on, roll off.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: Flying blue
If you have a late flight out, then you can also check you luggage in at the airport express terminal then wander the city until time to leave.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
It seems like consensus is that without luggage the fastest way to IC HKG is to take AE from airport to Kowloon station then taxi?

Also, I am IC nothing (no status), do they typically offer paid upgrades to harbor view rooms from base rooms? If so, any sense of cost?

Right now company booked me in a "water" view room, not sure what this means as I only see Harbor and City view rooms on website.

Thanks, Yaz
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by DXBtraveller1987
It seems like consensus is that without luggage the fastest way to IC HKG is to take AE from airport to Kowloon station then taxi?

Also, I am IC nothing (no status), do they typically offer paid upgrades to harbor view rooms from base rooms? If so, any sense of cost?

Right now company booked me in a "water" view room, not sure what this means as I only see Harbor and City view rooms on website.

Thanks, Yaz
I took the Taxi to Kowloon station from IC HKG and then the AE to the airport last week. Really easy trip!

You should be able to check your booking on the IHG website or the app to see what room you are booked in ^
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by scubaccr

++Free Limo Change for the better
Rates for Deluxe J/S and above include Roundtrip Airport Limo Transfer (previously was for Deluxe Suite and above)

Does a Platinum Ambassador get a free limo airport transfer if upgradec to deluxe junior suite as well?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by swaigiux
Does a Platinum Ambassador get a free limo airport transfer if upgradec to deluxe junior suite as well?
Obviously applies to anyone of any status or zero status even, who is actually booking that room category band (or higher) in the first place. Free Transfer is perk of booking the room category

If you don't book that room rate upfront then you don't get the perk, simples.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Is the Limo transfer an official hotel policy for Deluxe JS booking? Because this is not mentioned anywhere on the website (not under the room nor rate description).
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:31 pm

Has anyone booked this room for four people (2 adults 2 small children)?

Also, does anyone know if this hotel offers a day rate?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.