Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by jedicat666
Introduction I blog at www.checkmyhacks.comAddress: 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Phone:+852 2721 1211E-mail: [email protected] Hong KongBreakfast also included any ala-minute orders free of charge, one of the items on the menu is a minute steak which I ordered. This would have cost $30.00 SGD alone if I had to pay for it. Overall, it’s definitely worth to pay for club access and harbour view room at this iconic hotel (at least once!) which has one of the best views available of the Victoria Harbour.The breakfast at the Club Lounge of the....;
you mentioned you wasnt entitled to a complimentary upgrade as it was a non qual free stay, was it a points stay or BRG? hope you are aware BRG nights are treated as a normal paid stay and should be given upgrades etc
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:00 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Would it make sense to buy the Ambassador status for $200 in order to get an extra "bump". Thinking the Ambassador would get me one category upgrade, and then pay up from there. I want the harbor view.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
You mentioned this was booked using free nights. Ambassador benefits does not get extended to free nights, only paid nights. Just negotiate a paid upgrade, as you get 30% off for supplement upgrade fees as plat/spire.

Originally Posted by mitpat474
you mentioned you wasnt entitled to a complimentary upgrade as it was a non qual free stay, was it a points stay or BRG? hope you are aware BRG nights are treated as a normal paid stay and should be given upgrades etc
I used my 2 free nights from "Into The Nights" back in 2015 and immediately booked this hotel. Great value. - for those that know of the ITN free night issue last time.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:57 am

You mentioned this was booked using free nights. Ambassador benefits does not get extended to free nights, only paid nights. Just negotiate a paid upgrade, as you get 30% off for supplement upgrade fees as plat/spire.
That's good to know, thanks. I received a response from the hotel:
1) Superior room upgraded to Deluxe room with Plaza View (I'm Plat)
2) Upgrade option from there is Deluxe Harbourview room for HKG700 + 10% per night

Think i'll take that.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Just returned from a two night stay at this fabulous place. I booked a Deluxe HV and was upgraded to a Deluxe HV Suite. Really impressive. I liked the service with the free cell phone giving me internet coverage all over HKG and free calls back home. Room, service, housekeeping, everything excellent. The construction is not anyhow disturbing and I cannot understand the comments about long ways to walk. From the hotel to the MTR it takes me less than five minutes, to the Star Ferry less than 10 minutes.

I was, however, a bit disappointed about the lounge. I had never used that before, however, for free, one can certainly take advantage of it. It as not bad - don't get me wrong - but certainly not worth all the overjoyed comments. Breakfast was not better than in several other places (i know, some Americans will be delighted about a steak at breakfast), food in the evening to my impression not en par with places like Sydney, Paris, Berlin or even Frankfurt.

I would prefer the breakfast in the restaurant without hesitation. Cocktails and fancy drinks were nice, but I would not pay an arm and a leg for the evening offerings.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:54 am

Hi there. I have read some recent posts about a paid upgrade to a HV room. I emailed them and they offered me a HV room at HKD 800+service charge, or HKD 900 to a Deluxe HV room. I suppose that I could get 30% off since I am a Spire. Would it make sense to email back requesting a lower price from my status with IHG given that they already know the status from my reservation?

Thank you for any suggestion.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Modo
Within about 400 to 600m plenty of options at Harbour City or around Nathan Road. But currently unless you go underground the first 400m is a construction area.

Price for 2 breakfasts today is HK$500. Club lounge access including breakfast is HK$980. If you both drink a few glasses or more of Perrier Jouet and want breakfast it is probably a decent deal.
Is it possible to upgrade the breakfast from the club breakfast to the Harbourside breakfast? If so, what is the cost?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:03 am

Hello,

My first post ever as a flyertalk member

I'm planning to go to Hong Kong mid April (16-19) and after long contemplation, have decided to stay at IC HK mainly for the harbor view.

After reading this thread, I became very interested in the Ambassador program which costs $200 primarily for its guaranteed room upgrade since during my date of stay, an upgrade from Deluxe Harbor View to Junior Suite will save me more than $500.

My question is: does this upgrade extended to all rate? The rate I'm looking at is the 21 Super Saver Rate. Or do I need to book specific rate to get this upgrade?

Looks like this program is too good to be true and a no brainer if I were to stay at any IC.

Please lighten me up in this matter.

TIA
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by caesariop
Hello,

My first post ever as a flyertalk member

I'm planning to go to Hong Kong mid April (16-19) and after long contemplation, have decided to stay at IC HK mainly for the harbor view.

After reading this thread, I became very interested in the Ambassador program which costs $200 primarily for its guaranteed room upgrade since during my date of stay, an upgrade from Deluxe Harbor View to Junior Suite will save me more than $500.

My question is: does this upgrade extended to all rate? The rate I'm looking at is the 21 Super Saver Rate. Or do I need to book specific rate to get this upgrade?

Looks like this program is too good to be true and a no brainer if I were to stay at any IC.

Please lighten me up in this matter.

TIA
Yes, if booked through official IHG channels (eg IHG.COM, IHG app, IC-HK Hotel direct) then the Ambassador guaranteed 1-cat upgrade would apply.
Rate can be any bookable rate, eg BAR, Flex, AAA, Entitled Corporate, that is offered online.

As Ambassador you will need book Dlx HV to get 1-cat upgrade to Deluxe Junior Suite. (HV would upgrade to Dlx HV as Ambassador)

There are two different layout D-J-S per floor, the x16 (but not 316 which is an Exec Suite) center of floor right over center of Avenue of stars (AoS) rooms would be nice for your first visit.

x16 has two windows, and one is angled so not only can you look right across to Hong Kong Island but also to the r/h/s right out the harbour.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Yes, if booked through official IHG channels (eg IHG.COM, IHG app, IC-HK Hotel direct) then the Ambassador guaranteed 1-cat upgrade would apply.
Rate can be any bookable rate, eg BAR, Flex, AAA, Entitled Corporate, that is offered online.

As Ambassador you will need book Dlx HV to get 1-cat upgrade to Deluxe Junior Suite. (HV would upgrade to Dlx HV as Ambassador)

There are two different layout D-J-S per floor, the x16 (but not 316 which is an Exec Suite) center of floor right over center of Avenue of stars (AoS) rooms would be nice for your first visit.

x16 has two windows, and one is angled so not only can you look right across to Hong Kong Island but also to the r/h/s right out the harbour.
Thank you very much scubaccr! Now I can't wait to book my room

Is it possible to specify exact room from booking? I think I would be lucky if I can get the room as you suggested
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by ykz1991
Hi there. I have read some recent posts about a paid upgrade to a HV room. I emailed them and they offered me a HV room at HKD 800+service charge, or HKD 900 to a Deluxe HV room. I suppose that I could get 30% off since I am a Spire. Would it make sense to email back requesting a lower price from my status with IHG given that they already know the status from my reservation?

Thank you for any suggestion.
As a data point, I booked for next month using a Chase free night. Was upgraded from Deluxe to Superior due to Spire Amb I assume. Emailed about upgrade options to HV and was offered 400 HKD + 10% for HV or 500 HKD + 10% for Deluxe HV.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:07 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ValueAdd82
As a data point, I booked for next month using a Chase free night. Was upgraded from Deluxe to Superior due to Spire Amb I assume. Emailed about upgrade options to HV and was offered 400 HKD + 10% for HV or 500 HKD + 10% for Deluxe HV.
From their website:
Superior room = basic room
Deluxe room = next category

So could it be that you got confused with Superior and Deluxe room? As an Ambassador you receive a 1 Cat upgrade
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:56 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Just returned from a two night stay at this fabulous place. I booked a Deluxe HV and was upgraded to a Deluxe HV Suite. Really impressive. I liked the service with the free cell phone giving me internet coverage all over HKG and free calls back home. Room, service, housekeeping, everything excellent. The construction is not anyhow disturbing and I cannot understand the comments about long ways to walk. From the hotel to the MTR it takes me less than five minutes, to the Star Ferry less than 10 minutes.

I was, however, a bit disappointed about the lounge. I had never used that before, however, for free, one can certainly take advantage of it. It as not bad - don't get me wrong - but certainly not worth all the overjoyed comments. Breakfast was not better than in several other places (i know, some Americans will be delighted about a steak at breakfast), food in the evening to my impression not en par with places like Sydney, Paris, Berlin or even Frankfurt.

I would prefer the breakfast in the restaurant without hesitation. Cocktails and fancy drinks were nice, but I would not pay an arm and a leg for the evening offerings.
HI FL,
Looking at their website I do see that they charge a fee to have access to the club lounge.
What you are reporting, it seems that it is not worth paying extra for the lounge and rather have breakfast in the restaurant. IIRC the Peninsula is across the street, so having breakfast there is always an option.
Still planning on staying at the hotel and book a deluxe HV room
Old May 22, 2016, 1:17 pm

How's the construction next door affecting access to the hotel? Also are there any noise or dust problems?
Old May 22, 2016, 6:08 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Here now (end of a 4 night long weekend stay.) The construction is not much of a problem, you just have to always access the hotel from the street in front, so the sides are blocked off. No noise, dust or dirt, just a large barge with a crane parked in front, though I'm in 1516, a Deluxe Jr. Suite, so barely notice it. Lower floors might.

On the question of superior vs deluxe, they do have a Superior Jr Suite vs the Deluxe Jr Suite, and the difference is the quality of the view. Deluxe is complete view (as discussed in the previous post about the xx16 rooms,) vs a view but maybe not both all of Central to Causeway and points east, which is what the Deluxe rooms have.

Great place, even at 60k points and a good use of my recently received BOGO (had to ask for it too many times since requalified 10/31/15.) The lounge is good, though the evening food offerings are more appetizers than feast. Fine, as I like to go out to eat away. Breakfast is great, with a nice selection of menu items to supplement the buffet. Great service, though yesterday my travel companion's omlette didn't arrive. At afternoon tea, she was given a nice box of chocolates and sincere apology by one of the staff.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Can I check if there is any suites with separate bedroom and living room (divided by door, etc)? If so, what room type should i book to be upgraded to the particular suites.

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.