Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:12 am

Dear All, Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread but I've had a scan and couldn't see it.

Does anyone know the cost of the lounge access supplement? And am I right to assume it is per person, not per room?

I'm looking to stay for 7 nights in November and I've been told by an IHG booking agent that the room rate which includes lounge access (Club IC rate) is a fixed rate so I'm unable to book their 21 day saver rate for my room. With this in mind, I'm weighing up the price of booking the saver rate then paying the supplement against booking the fixed Club IC rate.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by MH1981
Dear All, Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread but I've had a scan and couldn't see it.

Does anyone know the cost of the lounge access supplement? And am I right to assume it is per person, not per room?

I'm looking to stay for 7 nights in November and I've been told by an IHG booking agent that the room rate which includes lounge access (Club IC rate) is a fixed rate so I'm unable to book their 21 day saver rate for my room. With this in mind, I'm weighing up the price of booking the saver rate then paying the supplement against booking the fixed Club IC rate.

Thanks in advance!
1room/1person : HK$ 1,080+10% / per night
1room/2persons : HK$ 1,380+10% / per night
1room/3persons : HK$ 2,070+10% / per night (excluded extra bed)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Raynyan
Wonderful, thank you for your quick response, very much appreciated.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tsmith12
Is there a underpass to get across the street to IC? I believe it is less than a km, but couldn't see the exact walking path towards the hotel. Thanks.
There are underpass entrances on both sides of the hotel, with luggage you would want to come out of the one just east of the hotel entrance. It's also one of the J exits for the East Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station. There's a ramp up to the hotel on the east side of the hotel driveway, if you follow the sign for the Intercontinental Staff Entrance you can turn right when you see the stairs to cross over to the ramp.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Booking a Friday, Saturday, Sunday here for July. I'll be using the ambassador weekend voucher for one of the nights. I am platinum status also, due to the IHG credit card.

Planning to book lowest level room and hope for an upgrade to a decent view room.

Not a big deal as we're not planning to spend much time in the room, but a view would be nice.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Rotus12
Booking a Friday, Saturday, Sunday here for July. I'll be using the ambassador weekend voucher for one of the nights. I am platinum status also, due to the IHG credit card.

Planning to book lowest level room and hope for an upgrade to a decent view room.

Not a big deal as we're not planning to spend much time in the room, but a view would be nice.
If you give a priority to view from your room, you must book Superior Harbour View Room. There is no choice.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
We got a welcome letter mid February in our room as a platinum ambassador that took 30% off for club access
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Stayed at IC Hong Kong Feb 22-23 using my IHG Rewards Club MasterCard Annual Free Night Certificate. I am an IHG Platinum. Booked a standard room and was upgraded to an Executive Suite overlooking Pool and Harbour. Received Welcome Letter at check-in with coupon for free drink in Lobby Lounge or Harbourside Restaurant. There was a bowl of fresh fruit in the room when I arrived. Suite was very nice with a monstrous dressing area/bathroom.

Getting to hotel from HKIA was easy. Took the Airport Express to Kowloon Station then hopped on the free K4 Shuttle to the Sheraton, cut through the East Tsim Sha Tsui Station under Salisbury Road and popped out in front of the IC. To get back to Kowloon Station, I took a cab versus waiting on the K4 Shuttle (cab was $36HKD or about $5USD).
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Stayed at IC Hong Kong Feb 22-23 using my IHG Rewards Club MasterCard Annual Free Night Certificate. I am an IHG Platinum. Booked a standard room and was upgraded to an Executive Suite overlooking Pool and Harbour.
It's not a Executive Suite. It should be Plaza View Executive Room or East Wing Superior Junior Suite. Executive Suite doesn't facing to pool side.

If your room was 15th floor and completely separated between Living and Bed Room, You were very lucky, it is Superior Suite. Usually it doesn't included standard upgrade policy from standard room booking.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's not a Executive Suite. It should be Plaza View Executive Room or East Wing Superior Junior Suite. Executive Suite doesn't facing to pool side.

If your room was 15th floor and completely separated between Living and Bed Room, You were very lucky, it is Superior Suite. Usually it doesn't included standard upgrade policy from standard room booking.
If you are in a Superior Suite, it will say Superior Suite both online and on the piece of paper you sign when you check in. It does not say Executive Suite.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Originally Posted by stimpy
If you are in a Superior Suite, it will say Superior Suite both online and on the piece of paper you sign when you check in. It does not say Executive Suite.

http://www.hongkong-ic.intercontinen...xecutive_suite

If you use this link, it lists the room as an Executive Suite. This is the identical layout and description of the suite I was given. When I looked directly beneath my room, I saw the pool, hot tub and then the harbor. Room number was 1521. I will take their word that I was in an Executive Suite.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

If you use this link, it lists the room as an Executive Suite. This is the identical layout and description of the suite I was given. When I looked directly beneath my room, I saw the pool, hot tub and then the harbor. Room number was 1521. I will take their word that I was in an Executive Suite.
Right. That photo is not the superior suite.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:10 pm

It is Plaza View Executive Room. not Suite. Absolutely.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:40 pm

It is Plaza View Executive Room. not Suite. Absolutely.
I stand humbly corrected by all. Thank you for correcting my grievous reporting error.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:03 pm

Looking for some advice on where to use my 2 IHG Into the Nights certificates. Is it worth using here without status? I'm planning on getting the IHG credit card which grants Platinum status at some point. Should I do this before my stay? Will the Platinum status get me into a room with a view?

The other option in our travel plans is Paris, so IC Le Grand Paris is another option. If you have thoughts on which is a better redemption (for someone with no status or Plat status), please let me know.

I'll be travelling with the wife and two year old. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.