Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Do all suites have a harbor view? I booked a rewards night, and was upgraded to a Superior Junior Suite, and just want to make sure.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by emurray077
Do all suites have a harbor view? I booked a rewards night, and was upgraded to a Superior Junior Suite, and just want to make sure.
Superior Junior Suite has partial harbour view.
East wing has the Causeway bay view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MchBdf83ho4

West wing has the Central view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me7MWWQHuPM
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by emurray077
Not sure about the names of the unior suites, but they have different junior suites. There is one at each end of the floor (as mentioned above) which has a side view, not the 'perfect' view straight out. Then there is one with two big windows at one of the 45 degree corners in front with great view and one with one big window also at one of the 45 degree corners which is not as nice.
I believe there are also some facing the back with city view - if it does not say Harbour View it could be one of these.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I booked an award stay on June 14th and was offered an upgrade to Harbour View Room for $1,500 plus 10% service charge. I did not take the offer, and stayed on the 12th floor for a city view room.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
$1,500 for how many days?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by agp423
Most likely per night.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Sadly, Just one night.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

That's crazy expensive...
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: BA - Blue
That's crazy expensive...
Price is in HK$: it's not a bargain, but crazy expensive? I don't think so.

tb
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by trueblu
Price is in HK$: it's not a bargain, but crazy expensive? I don't think so.

tb
$1500 HKD is about 193.55 USD, with the 10% tax it is about $212.90 USD.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I think it is expensive because the difference between the cash price for a regular versus harbor view room is ~ 500HKD. If the difference were 1500 HKD for paid stays then it would be more reasonable.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I getting ready to book 7 night there in October. It going to be my first trip to Hong Kong. Just need to accumulate a few more rewards points to cover it all. From what I read it sounds like an awesome place to stay. Any tip or trick about the area around the hotel?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Compass points

Originally Posted by mustang281man
Any tip or trick about the area around the hotel?
North you need to navigate the underground passageway/mall complex to get across Salisbury Road. It gets increasingly more Chinese as you head North block by block. Safe, varied and fascinating. The subway stations are down here.

East along the waterfront it is a fair few hundred meters before you get beyond the building site that used to be New World Centre.

West is an arts complex and the equally fascinating Star Ferry terminal. Then a huge shopping mall - Ocean Centre. Ocean Centre is mostly expensive International big brands. 2nd floor has a very upscale but good supermarket and new associated food court complex - City Super

South, unless you can walk on water, you need to get a transport to cross the harbour to Hong Kong Island.

North West you will be pestered interminably by hawkers offering custom tailors and copy watches - Nathan Road.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:46 am

I getting ready to book 7 night there in October. It going to be my first trip to Hong Kong. Just need to accumulate a few more rewards points to cover it all. From what I read it sounds like an awesome place to stay. Any tip or trick about the area around the hotel?
Staying there currently. It is a very nice hotel and the view is absolutely the best in Hong Kong. You need to get an harbour view room. Point usually put you in a room at the back side with a view (and noise) of a construction site.
Unfortunately there is a huge construction site where the former new world center was, the shopping mall (between the hotel and the cultural center) is also blocked off.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I agree with the others who imply that you aren't going to really enjoy this hotel on a points stay. It is possibly the worst IC in the world to use points at. You won't get any of the usual AMB or RA benefits and you will end up in the lowest category room likely without any upgrade at all. However it is one of the best IC's in the world if you buy a room, especially a harbor view room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.