FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/555698-ic-hong-kong-master-thread-closed-renovation-until-2022-a.html)

Flying Lawyer Mar 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 16088319)
ok but do Ambassadors get an club level upgrade if the right room type is selected

If you refer to the IC HKG, no. There is no "club level", you can, however, buy access to the Club with every room. You do not get access for free, even not as a RA.

djjaguar64 Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 16089384)
If you refer to the IC HKG, no. There is no "club level", you can, however, buy access to the Club with every room. You do not get access for free, even not as a RA.

ok, which means i do get my one level upgrade but just not to a club access room.

Flying Lawyer Mar 24, 2011 12:04 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 16089930)
ok, which means i do get my one level upgrade but just not to a club access room.

Well, as there are no "club access rooms" at the IC HongKong you won't get one. And: If you want to have harbour view, book it. You will not get upgraded from a non harbour view room to a harbour view. As an AMB I would book a Superior Harbour View room.

pomkiwi Mar 29, 2011 12:25 am

I have a stay for 8 nights coming up in October. Since the points earned (even with the accelerator) are not great for multi-night IC stays I decided to look at F & F. Last night I booked a Deluxe Junior suite for considerably less than I was considering paying for a Superior Junior Suite with Club access and this morning the reservation shows as an Executive Suite ^ The saving would more than pay for Club access when we get there but will probably prefer to spend some of it on some wine and canapes in the room with the view :)

vulle May 31, 2011 7:48 am

Heading for our second stay at IC Hong Kong in late July, really looking forward to it! Will be staying in Hong Kong for just two nights using an Ambassador weekend certificate. I have booked a Deluxe Harbour View Room and according to hotel (I e-mailed them to ask about upgrade policy amongst other things), "Based on the InterContinental Ambassador membership benefit, your room will be upgraded to a Superior Junior Suite with pool view (approximately 550 sq ft)".

What do you think of the upgrade? Doesn't Deluxe Harbor view have a direct view over harbor? It sounds like Superior Junior Suite with pool view would have a much worse view and the main reason to stay at IC is the view... Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

patchan8984 May 31, 2011 12:02 pm

Pool view sounds like a downgrade...shouldnt you be getting a superior harborview junior suite at least? You might want to fight this one...

Originally Posted by vulle (Post 16477791)
Heading for our second stay at IC Hong Kong in late July, really looking forward to it! Will be staying in Hong Kong for just two nights using an Ambassador weekend certificate. I have booked a Deluxe Harbour View Room and according to hotel (I e-mailed them to ask about upgrade policy amongst other things), "Based on the InterContinental Ambassador membership benefit, your room will be upgraded to a Superior Junior Suite with pool view (approximately 550 sq ft)".

What do you think of the upgrade? Doesn't Deluxe Harbor view have a direct view over harbor? It sounds like Superior Junior Suite with pool view would have a much worse view and the main reason to stay at IC is the view... Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Dave Noble May 31, 2011 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by patchan8984 (Post 16479202)
Pool view sounds like a downgrade...shouldnt you be getting a superior harborview junior suite at least? You might want to fight this one...

What can there be to fight? A suite is not a downgrade from a normal room

Room price ordering there is
Superior Plaza View
Deluxe Plaza View
Superior Harbour View
Deluxe Harbour View
Superior Junior Suite
onwards

An Ambassador is entitled to a 1 category upgrade and has been given. If wanting a harbour view , perhaps rebook to Superior Harbour view and get the upgrade to Deluxe Harbour View or book the Superior Suite and get the Deluxe Suite

vulle Jun 1, 2011 3:27 am

Dave Noble and patchan8984, thank you for your replies. I guess I might rebook to Superior Harbor View as my weekend certificate doesn't seem to allow suite bookings. I really want the view!

mnredfox Jun 2, 2011 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 16480495)
What can there be to fight? A suite is not a downgrade from a normal room

Room price ordering there is
Superior Plaza View
Deluxe Plaza View
Superior Harbour View
Deluxe Harbour View
Superior Junior Suite
onwards

An Ambassador is entitled to a 1 category upgrade and has been given. If wanting a harbour view , perhaps rebook to Superior Harbour view and get the upgrade to Deluxe Harbour View or book the Superior Suite and get the Deluxe Suite

I wish we could decipher these in all rooms in all hotels. Would be nice to have this.

Flying Lawyer Jun 2, 2011 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by vulle (Post 16482878)
Dave Noble and patchan8984, thank you for your replies. I guess I might rebook to Superior Harbor View as my weekend certificate doesn't seem to allow suite bookings. I really want the view!

If the rate code / website for the Ambassador Certificate offers you suites, book them. If have done this quite a few times without any problems in particular in Hong Kong, where this turns to be out a very good deal for RAs....

SanDiego1K Jun 2, 2011 11:48 pm

Does anyone have fave restaurants nearby? I always stay and eat on Hong Kong side.

HKGorBust Jun 3, 2011 3:49 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 16495580)
Does anyone have fave restaurants nearby? I always stay and eat on Hong Kong side.

I always have a meal at the Oyster & Wine bar in the Sheraton across the road - a window seat at 7:45 just before the lightshow starts is a great evening.

Chinatrvl Jun 3, 2011 4:06 am

All restaurants in the IC are pretty good, with Michelin star rating.

Cucina, ye Shanghai and Golden Bull restaurant are very good - located in the Harbour View Mall/Cruise Terminal.

Hutong is said to be very nice as well.

Flying Lawyer Jun 3, 2011 4:06 am

The Pen has the Felix - hard to be beaten. Beside that the IC offers a few great choices. My other choices in Kowloon are more hole-in-the-wall style....

no-backpacker Jun 3, 2011 5:35 am

We were very happy with "The Mask", across the street.

(Oh, how I miss HK, and the food... :))

Xxx.