Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Called ICHKG, and was told the minimum stay for new year eve is 3 nights (Dec 29 to Jan 1). The room rate is starting at 74900 HKD a night. That is about 9500USD a night. Forget it. I don't print money.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyhen
Called ICHKG, and was told the minimum stay for new year eve is 3 nights (Dec 29 to Jan 1). The room rate is starting at 74900 HKD a night. That is about 9500USD a night. Forget it. I don't print money.
But award nights are available and the cash upgrade to suites is quite reasonable
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:00 am

for real? from dec 29 to jan 1? will have to take a look!

update: booked for dec 29 to jan 1 for 210k points. next step, explore the upgrade cash option, sweet!

Last edited by flyhen; Feb 5, 2019 at 1:06 am
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:43 pm

I'm curious as to what the cash upgrade options actually are.

I just used my last unrestricted Chase free night at the IC two weeks ago, and it was awesome again as usual. Once again I was upgraded to a harbor view junior suite on a free night, but this time I wasn't even an Ambassador. Just a lowly Platinum.

I can't use any more Chase nights, but now that Ambassador gives a free night instead of a BOGO (I rarely stay in HK for more than one night), I might sign up again if I can use it for the Regent when it re-opens. If cash upgrades are reasonable, I'd definitely consider it. We love those junior suites, but the cash rate each time we stay is close to $900 USD.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
for real? from dec 29 to jan 1? will have to take a look!

update: booked for dec 29 to jan 1 for 210k points. next step, explore the upgrade cash option, sweet!
Wouldn't count on those being available over NYE.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:25 pm

I ended up spending 210k points and booked a city view room from Dec 29 to Jan 1. Got an offer because of my "returning" customer status, or whatever they stated, for 6100HKD + 10% service charge for the entire stay for the harbour view room. Lucky me.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I ended up spending 210k points and booked a city view room from Dec 29 to Jan 1. Got an offer because of my "returning" customer status, or whatever they stated, for 6100HKD + 10% service charge for the entire stay for the harbour view room. Lucky me.
Further to the advise I gave you on the points booking, ask them how much they would like to have for the junior suite. This is what we did twice and it worked amazingly well. The only downside is that you do not get any points for the upgrade charge
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by baroqen
I can't use any more Chase nights, but now that Ambassador gives a free night instead of a BOGO (I rarely stay in HK for more than one night), I might sign up again if I can use it for the Regent when it re-opens.
It is still BOGO, but effective starting in March, it will be applied on booking versus the paper cert at check-in/check-out.

Speaking of which - the IC Hong Kong is completely blocked out from the ambassador certificate rate online from now through the end of the booking calendar. Is that a glitch? Or can properties choose not to participate? It looks like you can still book normal rates.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:35 am

BOGO makes me sad, since I rarely stay in HK more than one night at a time. When I stay longer, it's usually with other people who wouldn't stay at IC, and I would have to stay with them. An electronic certificate is definitely an incredibly overdue step in the right direction though.

As for BOGO being blocked, I can only assume it's a glitch? I have often seen IC have reward and certificate nights open even when none of the other properties had anything. For instance, I've only seen availability at the Indigo ONCE for a date I wanted (it disappeared the next day when I went back to book it, so I might have dreamed it).
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Does anyone know now when the refurbishment will start?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:13 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by strickers
Does anyone know now when the refurbishment will start?
I was told this in September.

We are happy to inform you that our major renovation, starting in early 2020, we will be rebranding the hotel back to The Regent Hong Kong in 2021.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by exactlyaron
I was told this in September.
Thanks, making plans for March 2020 so hoping it will be after this but probably expecting it after Chinese NY 2020.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
I am a Royal Ambassador, but have never stayed at IC Hong Kong. I am travelling with a 15 year old and would like two separate beds - even if they are only single or twin. What is the best room that has two separate beds? Does HKIC do strictly 2 category upgrades or can I risk it and book 3 or so grades lower?

thanks
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
I am a Royal Ambassador, but have never stayed at IC Hong Kong. I am travelling with a 15 year old and would like two separate beds - even if they are only single or twin. What is the best room that has two separate beds? Does HKIC do strictly 2 category upgrades or can I risk it and book 3 or so grades lower?

thanks
The suites have sofas which I am sure become sofa beds so that would probably be the best room type with 2 beds
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager

thanks
My niece and I stayed at the IC HK last year summer. I booked Intercontinental Superior and was upgraded well in advance to Intercontinental Harbor View. This room type does have 2 beds as an option. I emailed the hotel to let them know our preference, and they confirmed that request. We had no issues when we checked in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.