Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
2) Should I try to get a IHG Chase Credit card before we go?
Yes, get the IHG Premier credit card. This comes with Platinum status at IHG. The card earns 10 points per dollar spent at IHG hotels, and Platinum status earns an extra 5 points on top of the 10 points per dollar from the hotel. So 25 points per dollar rather than 10 without the card and status. Valuing the point at .4 cents, this means you'll get extra points worth ($1200 * .004 *15) or $72 (6% of your spending). You'll also get the credit card sign-up bonus of 80000 points with $2000 spend. The Platinum status may get you a minor room upgrade at the HK IC.

As to your other questions, there are others more experienced that may be able to answer. There is an IC Ambassador status that you can buy, with benefits that may reduce your cost. You could investigate this to see if it is worthwhile.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:32 am

Last time I stayed at IC HK (late 2016) was as a Platinum Amb on the Chase Free night. I had my kids with me, and the lady at the Amb counter said that she would upgrade me to the Jr. Suite so we would have more room...

It was a Harbour View Jr. Suite and the going rate was over $900 USD at the time. I was pretty stunned to say the least. From what I've seen on the boards, I guess my experience was pretty uncommon, but it was definitely amazing. I don't know if I was just lucky, or if it was because I had Ambassador, but I certainly felt I got my money's worth for that year based on that upgrade alone!

The weather was perfect as well, so the view was beautiful. Late checkout at 4 PM (Ambassador benefit) made it feel like a really long stay.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Have had a read of the wiki but does anyone have any other transport tips with regard to airport to ICHK & return ?

Have a 2 night stopover on our way to a month in Thailand (and another 2 night stay on the return leg)
7am arrival, 2 nights, 9am depature

3 of us travelling (including my 70yr old parents who are mobile but not fitness freaks !).
3 carry on (roller) cases
4 (possibly 5) large check-in (roller) cases

Done a bit of googling and a vehicle large enough for the luggage seems to be about 120 euros one way which makes my eyes seriously water. (Anyone know a similar service significantly cheaper ?)

Left luggage at the airport is hk$140 per day so for 2 days & 5 cases that would cost about Ł150 !! But would allow us to use a standard taxi OR public transport such as the Airport Express with just our carry-on luggage. Annoyingly the add-on shuttle bus doesn't list the ICHK as one of their stops :-(
Does anyone know if it actually does or stops very close ?
http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/complom_free_bus.html

What would people suggest ?
We are not wealthy and are looking for economical transport but can't be carting all this luggage off and on public transport really.

Looking forward to staying at the ICHK as a bit of treat (parents 45th wedding anniversary in October but they missed out on it due to Dad being in hospital with prostate cancer).

Thanks for any helpful advice.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Have had a read of the wiki but does anyone have any other transport tips with regard to airport to ICHK & return ?

Have a 2 night stopover on our way to a month in Thailand (and another 2 night stay on the return leg)

3 of us travelling (including my 70yr old parents who are mobile but not fitness freaks !).

Done a bit of googling and a vehicle large enough for the luggage seems to be about 120 euros one way which makes my eyes seriously water. (Anyone know a similar service significantly cheaper ?)

Left luggage at the airport is hk$140 per day so for 2 days & 5 cases that would cost about Ł150 !! But would allow us to use a standard taxi OR public transport such as the Airport Express with just our carry-on luggage. Annoyingly the add-on shuttle bus doesn't list the ICHK as one of their stops :-(
MTR > Privileges and Complimentary Services

We are not wealthy and are looking for economical transport but can't be carting all this luggage off and on public transport really.

Looking forward to staying at the ICHK as a bit of treat (parents 45th wedding anniversary in October but they missed out on it due to Dad being in hospital with prostate cancer).

Cheap =
First)Get the airportlink train direct from airport into town center
Then)Free Hotel hoppa bus that goes to hotel nearest ICHK
Lastly)Get taxi (or 2 taxis if too much luggage) from that nearby hotel to ICHK

Bit more Convenient (not much different to above)
First)Get airportlink train as above
Then)get taxi (2x taxis) to ICHK

Style =
Book ICHK Car xfer

ps
I think nearest hotel a)airport shuttle minibus or b)direct airport bus goes to
= Peninsula Hotel (500m away the other side of the big road from IC HK by the intersection)

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 28, 2018 at 2:11 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus

The free shuttle buses don't go near to the IC.

MTR > Privileges and Complimentary Services

Convenient at reasonable cost is the following:

When arriving in HKG go to the airport express station. Very close to where you get out of customs, same level.
Buy the tickets (they have discount packages for multiple people - 219 HK$ for 3 - MTR > Travel in group on the Airport Express ) on the train platform (not before). If the train is already there board the train without ticket (yes, it is ok) and buy the ticket at Kowloon station (where you need to get off).
In Kowloon station turn left and take one or two Taxis to the IC.One Taxi can take approx 3 people and around 3 or 4 suitcases. Price for the taxi should be around 50 HK$.
On the way back take Taxi(s) to Kowloon station, buy the tickets at the station, check in at the station and take the train to the airport.

Free luggage trolleys at the belt in HKG, take that up to the train door.
Free trolleys waiting for you at the platform in Kowloon Station which you can take to the taxi.
Same on the way back. Easy even with lots of luggage.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Klook has a prebooked van service from the airport that is reasonablely priced. You are met exiting customs by the driver who will wait up to a certain time period in case of flight delays. The driver will take one of your luggage cart to the van
The Toyota Alphard will take three people and all the luggage that you have listed comfortably. This is our motor pool van so I am very familiar with it.
Airport to door service.

This service is what I use when I have an entourage arriving.

https://www.klook.com/activity/803-l...6-b32277acf45e
scubaccr and Lewis42 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:45 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by augmon
I have two nights booked here, the first a paid booking in a harbor view room, the second an award night which equates to a basic plaza view room. If I email them to combine the bookings into one stay, what are the odds that they comp me the upgrade for the second night? Slim to none? (I'm a mere IHG platinum.)
As an update to this, they did indeed make me pay a supplement for the second night (800 HKD plus service charge), which they offered via email before I arrived. But then on arrival they VERY unexpectedly gave me a multiple category upgrade to a superior suite! Best upgrade I've ever got from IHG, though it was really far too much space for a solo traveler. Based on the ICHK's reputation I was not expecting such generosity.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:15 pm
Community Director Emerita

We had a great two night stay. We booked the first night thru a Virtuoso agent. This gave us $100 food credit and free breakfast. The second night was booked using a credit card free night. We booked a deluxe junior suite for the first night. I am partial to room xx16. This is where the building comes to a V. This gave us wonderful views over the harbor, angled two directions. This is my favorite view in Hong Kong. You are near the water and can really see the harbor traffic well. It's a fantastic view of the Hong Kong lights at night. I wanted to stay in this room the second night. I had to pay 1600 HKD + 10% to do so. As a platinum, I was entitled to one level upgrade. They then charged me for the additional levels.

The hotel extended many courtesies. They have a promotion currently running that gives club access on suite bookings. I was booked before this promo was launched, but they honored it. They gave me free breakfast on the second night. And they allowed me to use the $100 credit any time over the two days. Further, I was given two chits on check in where I had my choice of 500 points or a beverage or 100HKD mini bar credit each. We received a fruit plate in the room, a bottle of sparkling juice since we don't drink alcohol, and a box of nice chocolates from the rooms manager as a returning guest.

I'm attaching a screen shot of the club promo.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I will be staying at the ICHK during Chinese New Year and wanted to know does anyone have recommendations on which hotel restaurant has the best view for the fireworks? I'm currently looking at Rech by Alain Ducasse since I haven't dine there before. I know Yan Toh Heen has good views, but I have already eaten their several times and the set menu is much higher than I would prefer.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I will be staying at the ICHK during Chinese New Year and wanted to know does anyone have recommendations on which hotel restaurant has the best view for the fireworks? I'm currently looking at Rech by Alain Ducasse since I haven't dine there before. I know Yan Toh Heen has good views, but I have already eaten their several times and the set menu is much higher than I would prefer.
You could try Nobu on the second floor. All restaurants are on low floors. The view on higher floors is much better. What about room service?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Nobu view should be pretty good, see below. Alain Ducasse should have a similar view.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
You could try Nobu on the second floor. All restaurants are on low floors. The view on higher floors is much better. What about room service?
The last time I dined at Nobu, I didn't recall seeing windows but it was late at night and I wasn't really paying attention. Since I am using points for my stay this time, the chances of getting a Harbourview room is pretty unlikely. The rates are ridiculous during Chinese New Year. So far I have made reservations for Rech for a window table. I am hoping that everything turns out well since this will be the first time seeing the fireworks in Hong Kong.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Hi, I know this might be already too late, but how can I get a harbour view room (any) for the 2019-2020 fireworks? I tried looking at the calendar and checked in every day until the "supposed day" was to be opened up for booking, but I think their system blocked it.

I called ICHKG, and they said the minimum stay is 3 nights? And will be sending out emails for the booking info, but still nothing.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Most hotels force minimum nights bookings on premium dates.

Chinese New Year is not just that 1x night for fireworks but the whole 7-9 day week. If ICHK allowed fireworks night rooms to be booked as 1night only duratoion, then too many rooms would get booked as such 1nighters , and ICHK would not get income from other non fireworks nights of a stay of 3/4/5/6/7 nights at the premium CNY week rates as the guest willing to buy 7nighter could not, and ICHK would lose 6nights premium rate income.

When I stayed ICHK couple of years ago for CNY, booking early10months out, the minimum stay was a)4nights b)flex/corp/adr rates were all non-canceable that 7day period.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by flyhen
Hi, I know this might be already too late, but how can I get a harbour view room (any) for the 2019-2020 fireworks? I tried looking at the calendar and checked in every day until the "supposed day" was to be opened up for booking, but I think their system blocked it.

I called ICHKG, and they said the minimum stay is 3 nights? And will be sending out emails for the booking info, but still nothing.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
For 2019, it's currently a 2 night minimum and the going rate is about $600-700 USD plus tax per night for the harbour view room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.