Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:12 am

I don't believe you will get lounge access even as an ambassador, but you would get a one level room upgrade. On points you most likely will end up at the 'back' side of the hotel without a view. Personally I would try to book an harbor view room, the view is spectacular.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thanks for your help :-)
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I'll ask if I can upgrade a points room to a Harbour view & how much it is.
Also same regarding the lounge.

Expect the lounge will be astronomical :-)

Anyone know what they've charged for such in the past so I can gauge their offer (if any).
Cheers.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Also same regarding the lounge.

Expect the lounge will be astronomical :-)

Anyone know what they've charged for such in the past so I can gauge their offer (if any).
Cheers.
We paid around $120 for the lounge supplement (per night - Ambassador rate they said), but I really enjoyed it as the service, food, and drinks were very, very good. I looked at it as a splurge. Didn't pay for a room upgrade, so not sure there.

Hope you have a wonderful stay.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:12 pm
Community Director Emerita

I was quoted 1,600 HKD plus 10% service charge ($225) for an upgrade to a deluxe junior suite on a free credit card night. This is for a stay later this year. I did not take it.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I was quoted 1,600 HKD plus 10% service charge ($225) for an upgrade to a deluxe junior suite on a free credit card night. This is for a stay later this year. I did not take it.
We had a similar (requested) offer for last years NYE on a points stay for five nights and we were more than happy to accept. We simply understood it as a Cash & Points booking for a really great suite which went over the counter for about 10k HKD a night. At the end of the day they upgraded us to a deluxe suite and we had no reason to complain at all
SanDiego1K and mcdullhk88 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
We had a similar (requested) offer for last years NYE on a points stay for five nights and we were more than happy to accept. We simply understood it as a Cash & Points booking for a really great suite which went over the counter for about 10k HKD a night. At the end of the day they upgraded us to a deluxe suite and we had no reason to complain at all
HKD 1,600 per night for a Deluxe Harbour View Suite, or for a harbour view room which was later upgraded to a suite b/c of RA?

They're quoting me HKD 1,600 a night but for only harbour view rooms over CNY, but I'm not AMB.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
If you scroll up four posts, you'll see that doesn't seem to be the current timeline.
I am hoping to stay here in June and looking at their calendar it seems that I can still book a room. I wonder when the renovation starts...
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:55 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I am hoping to stay here in June and looking at their calendar it seems that I can still book a room. I wonder when the renovation starts...
They were supposed to start years ago. I am just continuing as normal until I no longer see availability. I will be staying there next Feb and possibly next October as well.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The owner wants to maximize their income so it is best for the property renovations to start after Chinese/Lunar New Year as there is quite a premium for the harbour view room for the firework displays as well as holidays stays
However, the contractors do not work like that and the firm who were committed to the post CNY 2019 renovation start date backed out. Rumour is that there is no final contract for post-2020 CNY renovations as of now.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:33 am

Hi, the website does a terrible job of making the difference between the Harbour View Room and a Deluxe Harbour View Room clear.

Can anyone who has been in / stayed in both rooms advise what the difference is ?
Is it just that one is just larger ?
Or has a better view ? Or do both have very similar view ? (obviously they will be similar but is one side-on and a smaller view etc....)

Upgrade seems to be +800HKD for Harbour View Room and ~ +1600HKD for a Deluxe Harbour View Room, with +3000HKD for the jump to a junior deluxe suite (when the outright cash price difference is only 1000HKD !!!) Yes - I asked if I could just pay the 1000 and they said no :-(
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:56 pm

Hi, the website does a terrible job of making the difference between the Harbour View Room and a Deluxe Harbour View Room clear.

Can anyone who has been in / stayed in both rooms advise what the difference is ?
Is it just that one is just larger ?
Or has a better view ? Or do both have very similar view ? (obviously they will be similar but is one side-on and a smaller view etc....)

Upgrade seems to be +800HKD for Harbour View Room and ~ +1600HKD for a Deluxe Harbour View Room, with +3000HKD for the jump to a junior deluxe suite (when the outright cash price difference is only 1000HKD !!!) Yes - I asked if I could just pay the 1000 and they said no :-(
The regular harbour view rooms are tiny. The deluxe are somewhat bigger, but still small.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
HKD 1,600 per night for a Deluxe Harbour View Suite, or for a harbour view room which was later upgraded to a suite b/c of RA?

They're quoting me HKD 1,600 a night but for only harbour view rooms over CNY, but I'm not AMB.

Points plus cash plus RA upgrade
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
The regular harbour view rooms are tiny. The deluxe are somewhat bigger, but still small.

Cheers, views are the same ? (although through different sized windows presumably !).
I wish I was a rich man :-)

70K points for a £228 standard room - view of plaza :-(
70k+ £90 for a £278 harbour view room.
70K+ £180 for a £300 deluxe harbour view room
70k+ £330 for a £350 deluxe junior suite !!!!!!!! (70K points = £20 value !!)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:08 am

Cheers, views are the same ? (although through different sized windows presumably !).
I wish I was a rich man :-)

70K points for a £228 standard room - view of plaza :-(
70k+ £90 for a £278 harbour view room.
70K+ £180 for a £300 deluxe harbour view room
70k+ £330 for a £350 deluxe junior suite !!!!!!!! (70K points = £20 value !!)
The plaza view is nothing you want. You see the driveway or the construction site next door.
The building has two 45 degree corners at the harbour side. In each is a junior suite. One has one window, the other two. View in the two window suite is spectacular.
Otherwise the difference depends on where the room is, either a bit more westerly or straight out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.