Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I have to disagree, when I was there the big crane barge was centre view for the whole hotel. Additionally the building and the work is really impacting the infinity pool area. It doesn't take away from a good hotel though, it just reduces one of its greatest benefits.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by annihilation
Currently here and the construction has really impacted the nice pool area and infinity pools. The new building takes up a lot of the view and they are working a lot in the harbour atm.

Hotel itself is really good though.
That's a shame. One of the things I remember most fondly about my last visit was the pool area. Quite special for a city hotel. Apparently no longer.

Unrelated, I assume that, for a party of 3, the most practical transport choice from/to the airport would be taxi? Is Uber a practical alternative -- I recall that the gov't wasn't very Uber-friendly. Leaving the hotel, I'd prefer Uber or a taxi that took credit cards so I don't have to worry about having the right amount of cash. Is that an option?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by iahphx
​​​​​​...
Unrelated, I assume that, for a party of 3, the most practical transport choice from/to the airport would be taxi? Is Uber a practical alternative -- I recall that the gov't wasn't very Uber-friendly. Leaving the hotel, I'd prefer Uber or a taxi that took credit cards so I don't have to worry about having the right amount of cash. Is that an option?
Uber is not legal in HK. There has been crackdowns where drivers were charged. IME I can still get Uber service in HK using the app that charges my CREDIT CARD on file. You will not get a HK Uber driver to pick you up at a hotel nor would a hotel permit it.

Taxi is legal and relatively easy but the only way that I am aware of to pay by CREDIT CARD is if you have a WeChat pay account with a card on file and take the marked taxi.

IMHO to pay by credit card for reasonable price transfer to HKIA from IC is buy AEx ticket from klook.com
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:27 am

Another vote for the Airport Express. Quick and very convenient than going down to the taxi station in the airport. Then take a Taxi from Kowloon Station. Taxi cost around 40 HK$
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
As an RA, how do they treat award stays?

+2 cat and club lounge foc?

ta!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lewis42
As an RA, how do they treat award stays?

+2 cat and club lounge foc?

ta!
Yes, completely same to paid stay.
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tentseller
IMHO to pay by credit card for reasonable price transfer to HKIA from IC is buy AEx ticket from klook.com
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Another vote for the Airport Express. Quick and very convenient than going down to the taxi station in the airport. Then take a Taxi from Kowloon Station. Taxi cost around 40 HK$
On Klook, an Airport Express ticket to Kowloon is about US$9, and then we'd need a taxi from Kowloon Station. Wouldn't the taxi fare direct to the hotel be about 350 HKG dollars? So for 3 people, any good reason to take the Airport Express?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:13 pm

On Klook, you can also get a Tesla S transfer for 3 pax for less than 400 HKD, which IMHO is a much better deal than a taxi. I have used it and it worked great.
tentseller likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
On Klook, an Airport Express ticket to Kowloon is about US$9, and then we'd need a taxi from Kowloon Station. Wouldn't the taxi fare direct to the hotel be about 350 HKG dollars? So for 3 people, any good reason to take the Airport Express?
The cashless transfer would be the AEx to hotel shuttle.

I was under the impression that you want to card everything without resorting to getting HK cash.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
On Klook, you can also get a Tesla S transfer for 3 pax for less than 400 HKD, which IMHO is a much better deal than a taxi. I have used it and it worked great.
Thanks. On your recommendation, I booked the Tesla ride for my departure from the hotel. With a modest new member discount code (6F2C3), it came to about US$42 -- which seems quite reasonably priced. Max capacity is 3, which is perfect since I have a party of 3. And now I won't have to deal with having the right cash for my departure.

As long as the driver shows, I'll be happy!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
Got the van transfer to HKIA this morning, the driver showed up a few minutes early but did not buzz until 5;30AM.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AS YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT UBER XL FOR VANS AVAILABILITY THAT EARLY IN HK (Stubbs Rd)
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Booked a club room for 2 nights next week at 3111HKD++/night. Today noticed that in the app I was "upgraded" to a standard Deluxe Room. Emailed the hotel already but received no response yet.

Is it possible that they treat the Club Rooms as standard Superior rooms with club access and the (Plat) Ambassador "upgrade" is actually to a standard Deluxe Room? I'd find that absolutely ridiculous as I could have booked the Deluxe room for 2151HKD++/night and would have received a Harbour View room. That would have left me almost 1k HKD to pay for the club access which I think costs around 700 for Ambassador members.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Booked a club room for 2 nights next week at 3111HKD++/night. Today noticed that in the app I was "upgraded" to a standard Deluxe Room. Emailed the hotel already but received no response yet.

Is it possible that they treat the Club Rooms as standard Superior rooms with club access and the (Plat) Ambassador "upgrade" is actually to a standard Deluxe Room? I'd find that absolutely ridiculous as I could have booked the Deluxe room for 2151HKD++/night and would have received a Harbour View room. That would have left me almost 1k HKD to pay for the club access which I think costs around 700 for Ambassador members.
No surprise there. Your one level upgrade from club superior results in a club deluxe, a one level from deluxe would have given a superior harbor view. You could have booked a club deluxe for an upgrade to harbor view club superior room. The hotel will be happy to upsell, I guess.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
No surprise there. Your one level upgrade from club superior results in a club deluxe, a one level from deluxe would have given a superior harbor view. You could have booked a club deluxe for an upgrade to harbor view club superior room. The hotel will be happy to upsell, I guess.
I booked the only Club room type that was available at the time of booking. If this truly is the case a lesson is learned here and Marriot will get my IHG share from now on.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by AnttiV
I booked the only Club room type that was available at the time of booking. If this truly is the case a lesson is learned here and Marriot will get my IHG share from now on.
- Club IC rates are available for every room type
- Counting a "one level upgrade" is not that difficult, is it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.