Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JCary
Does every room come with a cell phone to use for free during stay?
Any update on construction? I am staying there in February 2018.
Thanks!
Not sure about every room but suite I had last did and it included enabling the wifi hotspot on the free phone.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JCary
Does every room come with a cell phone to use for free during stay?
Any update on construction? I am staying there in February 2018.
Thanks!
When I stayed there in the past, there was a cell phone in the room and the suite. The IC GS also has cell phones to use. I just hot spot them and use my iPhone because the interface was poor.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:57 pm

I stayed at this property recently as a Spire Ambassador.
Was originally given a view of the bank across the street and was told that was an upgrade. Paid the upcharge to get a smaller harbor view room.
There was no coffeemaker in this room, only a teapot with instant coffee and instant creamer. Not given lounge access.
The construction proceeding on properties on both sides of the hotel is not pleasant.
I was told that this property will be undergoing a 14-month renovation itself beginning in February.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: IHG
Even RA's receive these rooms on occasion. Also, you would not receive lounge access unless you are RA.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ErthCrclr
I was told that this property will be undergoing a 14-month renovation itself beginning in February.
Are you sure? I thought they push back the refurbishment to 2019...
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ErthCrclr
I stayed at this property recently as a Spire Ambassador.
Was originally given a view of the bank across the street and was told that was an upgrade. Paid the upcharge to get a smaller harbor view room.
There was no coffeemaker in this room, only a teapot with instant coffee and instant creamer. Not given lounge access.
The construction proceeding on properties on both sides of the hotel is not pleasant.
What else should you have got? This is part of the package deal. There must be a difference between those guests earning RA by spending thousands and staying 70+ nights and plain ambassadors buying 5000 or 10000 points and a free night certificate for 200 USD. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys and not a big deal of an upgrade.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:48 pm

No argument that RAs should get the best perquisites.
But--admittedly perhaps due to a lucky streak--I've received better upgrades + lounge access, with no upcharge, at various ICs (not in HK) as a mere Spire, before Ambassador status was added to the mix. I'd anticipated that Ambassador would be even more useful, but the opposite has been true.
This experience parallels that of a friend as well. Neither of us plans to renew Amb as a result.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:13 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
If you pay peanuts you get monkeys and not a big deal of an upgrade.
Actually, with peanuts you get elephants. With for monkeys it's bananas. Though the elephant I rode loved the bananas as well.

I was considering staying at the IC HK the end of March, but if the construction is getting worse (more obtrusive,) or there is renovation, I'll pass.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:15 am

If renovations start in February, my stay in late January should not be impacted right?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:34 pm

I have reservation for the last week in February!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:44 pm

I was there a few days ago and asked about the renovation.
currently they plan to close for about a year 18 month from now - which would be sometime mid 2019. They did not have an exact date yet and it also seems that it could move farther out.

There was no construction noise - the buildings next door seem to be almost finished on the outside. But then you need to walk a bit for shops, restaurants etc.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
I was there a few days ago and asked about the renovation.
currently they plan to close for about a year 18 month from now - which would be sometime mid 2019. They did not have an exact date yet and it also seems that it could move farther out.

There was no construction noise - the buildings next door seem to be almost finished on the outside. But then you need to walk a bit for shops, restaurants etc.
The originally published plan was Feb after the CNY firework show on Feb 17, 2018. The harbour view rooms are all at a premium and all booked out as this is the best location that you can watch the firework in private. I have booked suites there for business entertaining with the firework show in mind.
Latest is after CNY in 2019 as they could not get the work scheduled for the less profitable room occupancy times.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Just stayed last weekend., as a mere Ambassador Gold.

Transport - Taxi expect about HKD $300 rounding up, Hotel Mercedes is HKD $900 plus 19% service charge, which you can put on your bill. The Airport shuttle bus does not stop here. The MTR stop: Tsim Sha Tsui - Exit E, East Tsim Sha Tsui - Exit J. MTR connects to Kowloon Airport Express train, or you can use a Taxi - the complimentary Airport Express hotel shuttle seems to have been discontinued.

I was upgraded from a harbour view to a deluxe harbour view on the 7th floor. I was given two drinks chits good at the Lobby Lounge for house wine or certain specified drinks, the opportunity to check out at 4 pm, standard internet, a complimentary fruit bowl and two bottles of water daily. (The hotel specifically recommends one not drink tap water, though it is supposed to be potable.) I was also offered a newspaper to be delivered daily to the room - but received another paper than what I requested. The room included a proprietary handy (mobile) phone.

The hotel is supposed to offer Club InterContinental access with a discount of 15% at checkin, but I was neither offered nor interested. Lounge access seemed to be so costly there’d be no value for breakfast and a few drinks and cznapés, in my opinion.

Fabulous views, of course, but there was construction going on on weekdays (Monday as I left), in full swing by 8 am. The construction I’m referring to is on several concrete and steel pylons constructed and sunk into Victoria Harbour that will allow the Hotel to expand the Harbourview Restaurant and Lobby Lounge. The two barges anchored there obstruct some views from those and from the first couple of floors with rooms. (From floor 7, they were noticeable but would not obstruct the Symphony of Lights show at 8 pm daily.)

Breakfast is best eaten out, or if taken at the Harbourside is an extensive Asian-American-English buffet for ~USD 48.00 including the 10% service charge (that goes to the house, not the staff). Really a decent spread including congee (possibly an acquired taste for many) and several kinds of dim sum.

Harbourside, Rech and the Steakhouse offer brunch on weekends as I recall, and they’re both well attended by locals and require booking. Harbourside is the most affordable eatery here, but it’s not to say it’s economical. And though I wanted to get a light supper at 6:30 once, I was told there were two seatings, one at 6 pm and the other at 8. I enjoyed some decent snacks in the Lobby Lounge, enjoyed the trad jazz being played and spent my drink chits on the house red, iirc a passable French merlot.

More soon...

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 19, 2017 at 11:44 pm
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
One advantage of taking the hotel car from the airport is that it offers a Wi-Fi hotspot too so you don't need to mess about on arrival seeking a local SIM. The rooms in the IC also come with an android local phone which can be enabled as a hotspot too so it totally takes out the need for a local SIM in my view which saves a little cost but quite a bit of time and effort.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
One advantage of taking the hotel car from the airport is that it offers a Wi-Fi hotspot too so you don't need to mess about on arrival seeking a local SIM. The rooms in the IC also come with an android local phone which can be enabled as a hotspot too so it totally takes out the need for a local SIM in my view which saves a little cost but quite a bit of time and effort.
Just as a matter of interest: Why don't you (being UK based) not use a three.uk SIM?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.