Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Pid
Thanks for the advice. Will wait to see what I get offered at check in then.
Better to do it this way. You can always wait and see what you get. The partial HV JS are ok, but the view from the front (harbour) side of the hotel is better. You could then ask what the additional charge for a front side room would be.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:10 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Pid
Some advice please. As a Spire Ambassador I booked two nights using my ambassador weekend certificate. Booked a Deluxe Harbour Room and after reading this thread expected to be upgraded to either a Deluxe Jnr Suite Harbour View or if unlucky then a Superior Jnr Suite Harbour View. After booking I noticed the booking had changed to a Superior Jnr Suite Harbour View. It then changed to a Partial Harbour View and now is showing as a Pool view. Do I have any recourse to challenge them to change it back to a harbour view suite as I booked the hotel for the view.

During email discussion regarding club access they do state I have been allocated the Partial Harbour View Suite.
We stayed here last week on a Spire/Amb account, using a BOGO for a Deluxe HV Room. A week before check-in, an email came advising that the Deluxe HV Junior Suite is no longer the upgrade given for Deluxe HV Room bookings; please expect the Superior Junior Suite or pay HKD500 upcharge. I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times (although less frequently in recent years), and don't agree with scubaccr that the Superior Junior Suite is a fine choice in this hotel -- it's a dog, and if you book a full HV room, you should not end up in it. IMO, if this is how they play it, pay the 500 upcharge (which is really only 250/nt with BOGO) and get the xx16 junior suite (or xx08 on high floors, if necessary). I would take a regular HV room over the the xx01 Junior Suite, FWIW.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
We stayed here last week on a Spire/Amb account, using a BOGO for a Deluxe HV Room. A week before check-in, an email came advising that the Deluxe HV Junior Suite is no longer the upgrade given for Deluxe HV Room bookings; please expect the Superior Junior Suite or pay HKD500 upcharge. I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times (although less frequently in recent years), and don't agree with scubaccr that the Superior Junior Suite is a fine choice in this hotel -- it's a dog, and if you book a full HV room, you should not end up in it. IMO, if this is how they play it, pay the 500 upcharge (which is really only 250/nt with BOGO) and get the xx16 junior suite (or xx08 on high floors, if necessary). I would take a regular HV room over the the xx01 Junior Suite, FWIW.
The 01 has a weird layout. The room has two windows, one facing inland to the driveway, the other sideways. You can see a part of the harbour (looking west), but you don't have the full, spectacular frontal view of HK Island.
The 16 is perfect. 2 big windows facing the HK side at an 45 degree angle - this gives you a more than 180 degree view. That is my favored room. The 08 is also a bigger room (they call it JS), but it only has one window and the view is less impressive.
If you stay there for the view then book the category which gives you an upgrade to the 16. Otherwise any other room facing the harbor will do.
If you don't care too much for the view the JS at the end of the building is fine.
They changed their upgrade policies earlier this year - there is soime discussion in the Royal Ambassador thread.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Rooms City View

I've stayed here a few times and not being an RA or willing to pony up any ca$h end up with some large rooms on the City Side. My luck was Ive stayed here after The Renaissance was taken down (New World Center) so although it wasnt a HV there wasnt a building to stare at.

Its been awhile since Ive been back and Im sure theres a building now where the NWC used to be , my question is does it block all the rooms on that side of the building? and till what floor would you say is blocked
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:17 pm

What's going on?!!!

All room categories next July and August are HKD79,380!!!!!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by craz
I've stayed here a few times and not being an RA or willing to pony up any ca$h end up with some large rooms on the City Side. My luck was Ive stayed here after The Renaissance was taken down (New World Center) so although it wasnt a HV there wasnt a building to stare at.

Its been awhile since Ive been back and Im sure theres a building now where the NWC used to be , my question is does it block all the rooms on that side of the building? and till what floor would you say is blocked
It's actually under construction so it's a bit hard to tell. But right now you're looking at a construction site. Reaches maybe 2/3 the height of the IC, difficult to tell.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by craz

The following article gives a well considered review of a Superior room and the effect of the construction going on next door.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/int...-hotel-review/
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by minz56
The following article gives a well considered review of a Superior room and the effect of the construction going on next door.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/int...-hotel-review/

THX! the construction wont bother me as I will be out by the time they start and back when they are done for the day(I hope).

I prefer the city view side for those enormous rooms, Ive been to HK often enough that as nice as the HV is I dont need it and will have my share of taking the ferry back & forth to see it all. Room size more important to me
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:04 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
What's going on?!!!

All room categories next July and August are HKD79,380!!!!!
Bargain

Wed 01 Aug 2018 - Fri 10 Aug 2018 88,199.02 HKD per night (1 room(s))
Service Charge ‡ 79,379.10 HKD
Estimated Total Price ‡ 873,170.28 HKD

Think of the cash back I will get through MrRebates!

On a serious note, I would suggest the rates have not been loaded or are loaded incorrectly and are defaulting to highest cat.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Have Platinum elite through my Chase IHG card, if I book a Harbor View Room, will I be upgraded into the Deluxe Harbor View room?

What would be the best way to get the most benefit. Pretty much a brand new newb to the IHG programs.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Eneka
Have Platinum elite through my Chase IHG card, if I book a Harbor View Room, will I be upgraded into the Deluxe Harbor View room?

What would be the best way to get the most benefit. Pretty much a brand new newb to the IHG programs.
If the hotel is feeling generous, they can upgrade you. IHG status does not guarantee upgrades especially at InterContinentals. If you want a guaranteed upgrade, then you will have to join the InterContinental Ambassador program which is separate from IHG.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, *A Silver, SPG/Marriott/Ritz Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Free night certificate?

A friend is gifting me his ihg free night certificate. Do you know if there would be an issue with his booking the room and adding my name?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ilanaks
A friend is gifting me his ihg free night certificate. Do you know if there would be an issue with his booking the room and adding my name?
You will.

From recent experiences booking the free night certs for ourselves, online it does NOT allow you to add additional guest name unlike other bookings. It instructs you to CALL IHG no earlier than 7 days prior arrival to add the additional guest name. There are specific wordings during the booking process to remind the account owner of the cert about s/he needs to be present at check in. I forgot the exact wordings as it would not be an issue for us who use our own certs.

On top of that, ICHKG checked IDs very carefully towards the accounts that booked the rewards. You will be asked to produce either a valid passport or a HKID at check in and the receptionist indeed matches the ID with the account owner whose cert was used to book the award.

You can blame the rampant award frauds (selling point bookings, or worse, selling hacked account information) in certain parts of the world that has made IHG become much more restrictive in handling award bookings especially the free night certs.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 8, 2017 at 2:32 pm
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In order to add an additional guest, the original booking member must either call the IHG Rewards Club Service Center to provide the additional guest information no less than 7 days prior to the check-in date, or be present at the time of check-in at the hotel to provide identification. To change any provided information, the member must follow the same procedure mentioned above. Please refer to member terms and conditions for more details.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:02 pm

Does every room come with a cell phone to use for free during stay?
Any update on construction? I am staying there in February 2018.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.