Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, EK Gold
the service in the Club Lounge is incredible and they serve a respectable breakfast
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by jonspencer
the service in the Club Lounge is incredible and they serve a respectable breakfast
The breakfast in the lounge is very good, service is perfect and the place has a more relaxed and personal atmosphere. Downstairs has a much wider selection, but it can be more busy at times. You also have a relativel good view from the club lounge if you get one of the tables at the left side.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Thank you.

I have completed my stay in ICHK and the breakfast in Club lounge was really really good.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:38 pm

What are the chances that they will grant kids free access to the Lounge (Ages 3 and 6) as part of my Stay that includes Club Lounge access?

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:13 am

(Apologies if this has already been asked. Did search but can't find it.)

If I book using the Ambassador free weekend night certificate then the rate doesn't include club access.

What is the price for club access on check-in?

Or is there a way to book with club access?

(Platinum Ambassador if it matters)

Thanking you

PS While you're here - Is it possible to use the IHG Mastercard (the UK one) free night certificate at IC Hong Kong? I can't find any details of the voucher restrictions

Last edited by todderz; Feb 18, 2017 at 6:35 am Reason: Add question
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by todderz

If I book using the Ambassador free weekend night certificate then the rate doesn't include club access.

Thanking you

PS While you're here - Is it possible to use the IHG Mastercard (the UK one) free night certificate at IC Hong Kong? I can't find any details of the voucher restrictions
This is latest prices.

1room/1person : HK$ 1,180+10% / per night
1room/2persons : HK$ 1,480+10% / per night
1room/3persons : HK$ 2,170+10% / per night (excluded extra bed)

But if you are Ambassador, you should ask to purchase club access upon check-in. You will receive some discount.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:33 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by todderz

Thanking you

On the AMB weekend BOGO booking page, you don't have to select the lowest level room and could get lounge access by booking the club room. It's usually more expensive, but with the higher daily costs for club access at ICHK, check both way, booking rate for Club level room vs. paying separately.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rbAA
On the AMB weekend BOGO booking page, you don't have to select the lowest level room and could get lounge access by booking the club room. It's usually more expensive, but with the higher daily costs for club access at ICHK, check both way, booking rate for Club level room vs. paying separately.
Do they quote prices for club rooms now? They never have in the past, club being just a supplement to all room types.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Do they quote prices for club rooms now? They never have in the past, club being just a supplement to all room types.
Yes, that's why I was confused. Could see a list of rooms but none with a rate stating club access.

Thanks for all the replies.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stimpy
The IC Hong Kong has been sold for US$938 million.

http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?Page...15&NewsID=3476

Key quotes:

The Buyer has made a further commitment to invest in a significant refurbishment of the Hotel. This is expected to commence in 2017 and will take place over a period of approximately 18 months.
IHG will retain a 37-year management contract on the Hotel, with three 10-year extension rights, giving an expected contract length of 67 years. Management fees payable to IHG are initially expected to be approximately $8m per annum, increasing following the refurbishment.

“This transaction completes the disposals of our major owned assets. "
Just noticed this old post I made in 2015. I guess that 2017 refurbishment got postponed, eh? The Jr Suite I'm in is looking rather tired.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just asked and the refurb was pushed out to Q2/2018. Or so the management has been told.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:11 am

Need some advice please....

I booked my room at this hotel last August, I believe. I booked through IHG over the phone, at the Ambassador rate so that I can use my BOGO cert. The booking site said 3 persons max per room, but when I emailed reservations I told them that I have 4 (myself, wife and 2 small kids). Reservations said fine, we'll roll in a bed. I proceeded with the booking. And that was it.

I contacted them again this week as my stay is coming up next week and reservations asked me how many people. They said three people max, including small kids. If more than three I need to book another room.

The catch here is that I just changed jobs and had been contacting the hotel using my old work email, and I don't have the exchange saved. WOuld they have a record of these exchanges, so that I can say: "Look at what you told be me before. You said 4 was fine."

If I shouldn't go down that road, should I just show up and check in, family in tow?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:18 am

Is this hotel still honouring benefits on reward nights?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 336
Yes, reward nights are still showing up available on the website.

Last edited by vh_bu98; Mar 21, 2017 at 3:43 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: IHG
Reward night upgrade?

Originally Posted by 336
This may ultimately depend on occupancy levels.

My wife is a Platinum Ambassador and has booked two reward nights 8/9 March.
The room had been upgraded to a Harbour View Superior.

We extended our stay with an Ambassador certificate (10/11 March)
Room booked: Superior Junior Suite Pool View
Booking modified to: Executive Suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.