Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:48 am

has anyone tried the club? Is it worth it if paid for separately?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by cyberon
Short answer, it depends on who you are. Some people think it's terribly expensive, especially when you consider all the wonderful restaurants within 10 minutes walk that cost a fraction. Others love it and say the service and offerings are excellent. I agree with both. However I have plenty of other excellent places to go for food and service and there's nothing like wandering around Kowloon and choosing a neat place to grab some noodles.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by cyberon
Yes if you plan to spend most of the day inside the hotel. Absolutely no if you like local food and spend time outside the hotel.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:44 pm

Wow, a thread full of RAs trash-talking a hotel because they don`t get benefits they are not entitled to.

Any normal travelers that can say something about this property? Location and hotel overall seem to be great according to TA and other sources. Any experience if it`s very crowded over NYE? Is it in a nice area to just walk around a bit or go for a run?

Thanks!

EDIT: Is the hotel an non-smoking property? I can`t find any information on it. It`s not possible to select smoking or non-smoking at booking...

Last edited by Hosserunda; Nov 25, 2013 at 3:02 pm
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Wow, a thread full of RAs trash-talking a hotel because they don`t get benefits they are not entitled to.

Any normal travelers that can say something about this property? Location and hotel overall seem to be great according to TA and other sources. Any experience if it`s very crowded over NYE? Is it in a nice area to just walk around a bit or go for a run?

Thanks!

EDIT: Is the hotel an non-smoking property? I can`t find any information on it. It`s not possible to select smoking or non-smoking at booking...
I know its a long thread, but if you read through it you will find plenty of us who love this hotel and Kowloon. It's wonderful to walk around, and lots of people jog on the boardwalk in front of the hotel. I've never been on during the Christian NYE, but for Chinese NYE it's quite dead at the hotel, but the fireworks are amazing. And I've never noticed smoking, but I don't know the rules. It doesn't say on their webpage?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:08 pm

Thanks stimpy! I got a confirmation from the hotel that I`ll get a room on the non-smoking floor.

I also asked about upgrade prices for my points booking. The price to upgrade to a Harbourview Room is 8090 HKD + 10% Service Charge... That`s exactly the price they charge if you book the room regularly on their website. So that tells us what they really think. Our points have no value!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
IC Hong Kong Master Thread - after to February 01, 2010 [merged]

Stayed at this hotel recently. The check in was great by they remembered my preferences last time and kindly gave me a harbour view suite upgrade from a standard room. Smoking too. I was quite impressed that they took the time to note the previous stay and made a point of giving me the same room. Overall I think it is a great location. Of you get a harbour view it is fantastic.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: All of 'em
Any chance I can fit 3 young kids and parents into their standard room? Will they give me problems?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:38 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

The kids or the hotel?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Havoc10G
The kids or the hotel?
Hahaha...hilarious
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by Havoc10G
The kids or the hotel?
The hotel. Do they have a strict kids policy? I currently have 2 rooms booked, and don't mind paring it down to a single room.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room

The breakfast buffet at the Harbour Side Restaurant is not to miss!
Yes! The mango-filled powdered doughnut is to die for.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:48 am
bxs

Just made a booking using my IHG account but my wife will be checking in instead of me. Does anybody know if this will be allowed? Is there an email address that I can use to notify the hotel prior? Appreciate any advice.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bxs
Just made a booking using my IHG account but my wife will be checking in instead of me. Does anybody know if this will be allowed? Is there an email address that I can use to notify the hotel prior? Appreciate any advice.
Yes, you have always been able to book rooms for others. Hotel just needs to be sure room is indeed intended for the other person.

Add the wife as named second guest. Wife can check in first (even if you later do not turn up, eg flight delayed )
(Additional Guest Field only shows if you put people=2 on search hen booking, else you just get additional info line/box).

If flex wife will need wife will probably need her cc card to pay for room, on top of usual incidentals deposit hotels always asks (On ADR just the deposit needed )

If wife has lesser status than yourself, technically wife would not be entitled to your bennies. As wife will have same family name, hotel less likely to worry/notice/check that.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:13 am
bxs

Originally Posted by scubaccr:21952425
Originally Posted by bxs
Yes, you have always been able to book rooms for others. Hotel just needs to be sure room is indeed intended for the other person.

Add the wife as named second guest. Wife can check in first (even if you later do not turn up, eg flight delayed )
(Additional Guest Field only shows if you put people=2 on search hen booking, else you just get additional info line/box).

If flex wife will need wife will probably need her cc card to pay for room, on top of usual incidentals deposit hotels always asks (On ADR just the deposit needed )

If wife has lesser status than yourself, technically wife would not be entitled to your bennies. As wife will have same family name, hotel less likely to worry/notice/check that.
thanks scubaccr.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.