Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (Early check in unavailable). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (Late check out unavailable but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool. and The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: IC RA, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by NE flier
One other question: is it possible to access the rooftop pool without charge or must one pay to access that pool?
I think the rooftop pool is part of the Presidential Suite?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by marty74
I think the rooftop pool is part of the Presidential Suite?
I think you are correct. I assume they don't charge extra, just pay the somewhat higher room rate for this suite.
The regular pool is between the hotel and the construction zone which formerly was the New World Center.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:02 am

Just to add that the IC HK now offer complimentary use of ipad2 with free wifi poolside. ^

I think they only have 3 our party didn't encounter problems borrowing 2 at a time during our 2 night stay.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by inY

While waiting at luggage check, I noticed that there was a sheet showing that they reimburse staff for travel through the typhoon.
HKG law allows staff less than management level not to turn up during Signal 8 or higher. Most company's provide additional incentive to keep the operation running.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hhonors Diamond
Buffet prices

What are the prices for the Harbourside lunch, dinner, and brunch buffets? Is there a different price if you opt out of champagne for brunch? Will be there for 3 nights in 2013, first time in Hong Kong! The pictures of the buffet spread looks unreal, but not sure it's worth the $$$ since hong kong is such a foodie city and hubby and I get sick whenever we stuff ourselves at a buffet. If lunch is around $50 usd I would do it for the experience.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by herokitty
What are the prices for the Harbourside lunch, dinner, and brunch buffets? Is there a different price if you opt out of champagne for brunch? Will be there for 3 nights in 2013, first time in Hong Kong! The pictures of the buffet spread looks unreal, but not sure it's worth the $$$ since hong kong is such a foodie city and hubby and I get sick whenever we stuff ourselves at a buffet. If lunch is around $50 usd I would do it for the experience.
I have a figure of about 350 HKD during the week in mind.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:51 pm

Sunday Brunch is $788 with Champagne and $688 without (both +10% service charge).
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
What are the rooftop pool hours?

I have been trying to find out what the rooftop pool hours are at the IC Hong Kong.
My plan is to combat jetlag by possibly taking a few laps around or after midnight if possible....
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I have a figure of about 350 HKD during the week in mind.
Drinks are not include in the weekday buffet. 2 glass of OJ and a coffee raised my bill to $550
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by aarato
I have been trying to find out what the rooftop pool hours are at the IC Hong Kong.
My plan is to combat jetlag by possibly taking a few laps around or after midnight if possible....
Pool terrace, afaik, till 10 pm. Gym 24 hrs.

Buffet prices are all listed here
http://www.hongkong-ic.intercontinen...arbourside.php
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: IHG
If i book 1 KING BED DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE on a BOGO, What upgrade would i likely receive as RA?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by turner32
If i book 1 KING BED DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE on a BOGO, What upgrade would i likely receive as RA?
I had the choice between a harbour view terrace suite (or was it junior) and a deluxe suite harbour view.

I choosed the deluxe suite (around 80 sqm, great marble bathroom, and of course superb harbour view). I am not a big fan of the interior design still.

Remember that some room have bad smell and that club access is not included.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: IHG
Thanks, Nicholas. So, they don't restrict the upgrade because of the BOGO?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by turner32
Thanks, Nicholas. So, they don't restrict the upgrade because of the BOGO?
My stay was not on BOGO, but I would doubt that you will not have a nice upgrade when booking a junior suite.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
My stay was not on BOGO, but I would doubt that you will not have a nice upgrade when booking a junior suite.
What did you book to get the deluxe suite? In the website, the suite was list as 100 sqm. Did you really get 270 degree harbour view from your jacuzzi tub?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.