Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
What is the latest on the reflag and major renovation starting? I have a 5 night stay starting on Feb 7th 2020. I would hate to get a last minute email stating they are closing and moving me to another property. I really want to stay here for the location and views.

This will be my first visit to HKG so I would love to hear about all kinds of dining experiences at this property. I have read that Yan Toh Heen is one of the best Chinese restaurants in HGK and I am excited about dining there. How are their afternoon tea service and breakfast options? Also any local places close by I should try that would be on the cheaper side? Thanks!

Last edited by 1readyset2go; Apr 24, 2019 at 9:23 am
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
What is the latest on the reflag and major renovation starting?
Allegedly it is to begin after Chinese New Year 2020.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
@ 1readyset2go IC-HK will take the CNY week increased revenue profits, and then close shortly afterwards
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Thanks!
Old May 14, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DonPedro

I’ve done a couple of stays like this recently - two different room types/rates - and they always moved me. They make it easy to transfer, but wouldn’t consider leaving me in the nicer room for the whole stay.
I'm looking to do a similar thing in December this year - first two nights AMB cert/paid and then a points night. I did a similar thing at the IC Mumbai, and they kept me in the same room. Are you saying that this isn't likely to happen IC HKG?
Old May 15, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by woobl
I'm looking to do a similar thing in December this year - first two nights AMB cert/paid and then a points night. I did a similar thing at the IC Mumbai, and they kept me in the same room. Are you saying that this isn't likely to happen IC HKG?
Didn’t happen for me, that’s all I can tell you sorry (I’m RA if that helps).
Old May 15, 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by DonPedro

Didn’t happen for me, that’s all I can tell you sorry (I’m RA if that helps).
Just so I get this right, if I book, say a Superior Junior Suite Pool View (a) with the BOGO and get upgraded a room to a Deluxe Junior Suite (b), then get a Rewards night room, say a Intercontinental Superior Room (c), to stay in room (b) for the last night, will I have to pay the difference room (c) and (a), or (c) and (b) to ensure we're not kicked out?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by woobl; May 15, 2019 at 6:45 am
Old May 15, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
It happened to me at this Hotel. Either i paid the difference or i had to move. I moved..
Old May 15, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by robnc35
It happened to me at this Hotel. Either i paid the difference or i had to move. I moved..
Were they asking you to pay the difference in price between your original room price or the upgraded room price? Just trying to ascertain the worst-case scenario in terms of $$$!
Old May 15, 2019, 9:08 am

i did the same as you were trying to do i booked a really nice room with BOGO then i booked a free night for the 3rd night. I asked at check in if i should just stay in my room for the 3rd night and she looked up that reservation and said sure you can but the price difference was 500usd so i laughed and said i will move and what i did was pay the 150 usd to get club access and they gave me a nicer room.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:24 am

It was the price difference of the upgraded room
Old May 16, 2019, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by robnc35
It was the price difference of the upgraded room
I'm having trouble figuring out the pricing difference in terms of what I will be in after upgrade on the BOGO (Harbour View from Deluxe I imagine) and the Superior. I presume it's based on the standard rate on the day rather than any advance price?

Due to that, I might be better off just buying an advance rate for night 3 in a Deluxe to avoid any nasty upgrade costs - even if they ask for 200gbp is negligible in terms of cost over the whole stay.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:48 am

yeah i don't really know how they came up with that price... But 500 USD was just a bit too much for me that day.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by woobl
I'm having trouble figuring out the pricing difference in terms of what I will be in after upgrade on the BOGO (Harbour View from Deluxe I imagine) and the Superior. I presume it's based on the standard rate on the day rather than any advance price?

Due to that, I might be better off just buying an advance rate for night 3 in a Deluxe to avoid any nasty upgrade costs - even if they ask for 200gbp is negligible in terms of cost over the whole stay.
All hotels by standard practice calculate the $$ upsell delta as being 100% of the difference between your paid rate and that days non-discounted flex rate of the higher cat room, or the full 100% delta of the flex rate of both rooms.
If you upsell during checkin, hotels often discount $ delta by upto 30% especially if low occupancy so won't sell all the higher cat on the day

When buying from an award night where IHG pay hotel a pittance, hotel may base $ delta on that pittance
woobl likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:35 pm

How far up do Ambassador guaranteed upgrades go at this hotel? What is the minimum category one should book
to be confirmed in a room with a very good Harbour view?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.