IC Hong Kong Master Thread - after February 01, 2010 [merged]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 6, 19, 6:30 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: markis10
Wiki Link
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

NOTE: This property will close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020.


500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”)
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME)
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM)

Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportat...irport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Dec 20, 17, 12:41 pm
  #1141  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MAN and LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Posts: 13,533
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer View Post
Just as a matter of interest: Why don't you (being UK based) not use a three.uk SIM?
Used to have 3, it is crap. No tethering or wifi hotspot allowed in HKG and overall data quality/bandwidth is shocking. I moved to EE as a generally better overall solution to ll needs accepting that it might cost more on occasion.

As an example when I lived in Canary Wharf of all places I could not get a reliable reception for my last 2 years as a 3 customer before I ditched them. Their business call centre in Glasgow was probably more shocking in customer service terms than the offshore Indian Retail customer centres, just a dreadful company and I am very happy with EE.
Land-of-Miles is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 18, 2:24 am
  #1142  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York, NY
Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 327
Just finished another wonderful 1-night stay here with my partner. First, I used my dad's Chase free night certificate (added myself as add'l guest when making booking), which expired by the time of our stay. I emailed with the hotel in advance to confirm that I would have no problem checking in and referenced the certificate. They proactively asked about my IHG membership status (Spire Ambassador) and noted it in the reservation. I wasn't sure how check-in would play out since I was using my dad's expired certificate, but everything went smoothly. They recognized my status with two free drinks, a 135HKD F&B certificate and the offer of a double upgrade. Since the latter wasn't available immediately, they comp'ed us breakfast. I don't know what they do for Spire Ambassadors on paid stays, but this was more than we were expecting.

Had wine and desert (using our vouchers) in lobby lounge with a great view of the Victoria Harbour laser light show. Breakfast in the lounge was wonderful. And managed to squeeze in several soaks in the jacuzzi overlooking the Harbour.

Lastly, the construction adjacent to the hotel is still going. I can imagine it being annoying while at the pool/jacuzzi.

Hotel will close in 2019 for complete renovation.
54austin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 18, 6:04 am
  #1143  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Programs: CX Gold, Marriott Platinum, HH DM, National EE
Posts: 223
Any data points on cash upgrade supplements for reward bookings? Esp. during NYE and CNY for harbour view rooms.
mcdullhk88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 18, 6:41 am
  #1144  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 7,313
I was refused a paid upgrade to a Harbour View room for CNY 2017 from a reward booking, full stop. They told me they don't offer it on days of exceptional demand such as CNY and NYE.
stargold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 18, 9:51 am
  #1145  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Programs: CX Gold, Marriott Platinum, HH DM, National EE
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by stargold View Post
I was refused a paid upgrade to a Harbour View room for CNY 2017 from a reward booking, full stop. They told me they don't offer it on days of exceptional demand such as CNY and NYE.
Thanks for the DP. IC HKG must have become much more stingy recently.

For NYE 2015, they offered me upgrade supplement at HKD 3000 for Dec 31, and just HKD 800 per night for the other few nights I stayed (after some negotiation). Got a nice harbour view room on around the 12th floor or so, and they let me visit/sample and pick from two rooms.

I was Spire elite at the time, and I did arrange almost a year in advance.
mcdullhk88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 18, 3:17 am
  #1146  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DUS (and somewhere in transit)
Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 9,783
Originally Posted by mcdullhk88 View Post
Any data points on cash upgrade supplements for reward bookings? Esp. during NYE and CNY for harbour view rooms.
For 2017/18 we paid a 600 HKD for an award roo upgrade to a Deluxe Junior Suite for normal nights and a 3400 HKD for the fireworks night.
Flying Lawyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 18, 5:57 am
  #1147  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Spire RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Posts: 220
Traveling to Hong Kong in April and still deciding which IC to stay at as have only stayed at Kowloon Shangri la previously, have been upgraded to R/A status for the first time and was wondering what sort of upgrade I can expect if booking a superior junior suite pool view?

My partner has never been to Hong Kong so want to make sure we get the all important view if staying at this property although the Grand Stanford does look nice also.
shoven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 18, 8:17 am
  #1148  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Stuck on this planet - mainly in STR and LAX
Posts: 4,459
Originally Posted by shoven View Post
Traveling to Hong Kong in April and still deciding which IC to stay at as have only stayed at Kowloon Shangri la previously, have been upgraded to R/A status for the first time and was wondering what sort of upgrade I can expect if booking a superior junior suite pool view?

My partner has never been to Hong Kong so want to make sure we get the all important view if staying at this property although the Grand Stanford does look nice also.
Check out the trip reports in the RA 2017 thread - there is an explanation of the levels in there and the upgrades you can expect.
You want to have something bigger than a regular room (they are tiny) and facing the harbor (not one of the junior suites at the end of the building).

They are also very good in answering emails about upgrades etc.

The GS is also a nice hotel, but usually I stay at this IC for better view, service and Club.
Unterwegs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 18, 1:44 pm
  #1149  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Spire RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Posts: 220
So having been going over this thread and the RA experiences thread it looks like the superior junior suite upgrades to an executive suite in which case the deluxe junior suite will upgrade to a deluxe suite I think.

The executive suite looks like it has a large window the length of the room which looks great for the view so I was wondering weather or not the deluxe suite adds anything extra in terms of the view from the room against the executive suite such as better location within hotel?

Were not really worried about having a separate sitting area from the bedroom it's all about the view for us when we stay, the cost difference between the 2 junior suites is not massive but if we don't need to spend the extra it can be put to use else where during the holiday.
shoven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 18, 5:03 pm
  #1150  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 11,898


Originally Posted by shoven View Post
So having been going over this thread and the RA experiences thread it looks like the superior junior suite upgrades to an executive suite in which case the deluxe junior suite will upgrade to a deluxe suite I think.

The executive suite looks like it has a large window the length of the room which looks great for the view so I was wondering weather or not the deluxe suite adds anything extra in terms of the view from the room against the executive suite such as better location within hotel?

Were not really worried about having a separate sitting area from the bedroom it's all about the view for us when we stay, the cost difference between the 2 junior suites is not massive but if we don't need to spend the extra it can be put to use else where during the holiday.
I love a suite stay however at the ICHK we booked over a week in a Superior Harbour view room to be upgraded to Deluxe Harbour View. This was one of the rooms I was totally satisfied with without it being a suite. The room was huge witha full room length view of the harbour. We had a great view. My husband pulled the sofa up in front of the window, where we told Housekeeping to leave it, and he watched the harbour whenever we were in our room.

other people are more expert than me but if you are to not spending what you don't have to I really liked my room. (The next hotel on that trip needed a 10 category upgrade forvme to have been satisfied...not in Hong Kong).

Last edited by Annalisa12; Jan 11, 18 at 5:12 pm
Annalisa12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 18, 7:54 am
  #1151  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Spire RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post

I love a suite stay however at the ICHK we booked over a week in a Superior Harbour view room to be upgraded to Deluxe Harbour View. This was one of the rooms I was totally satisfied with without it being a suite. The room was huge witha full room length view of the harbour. We had a great view. My husband pulled the sofa up in front of the window, where we told Housekeeping to leave it, and he watched the harbour whenever we were in our room.

other people are more expert than me but if you are to not spending what you don't have to I really liked my room. (The next hotel on that trip needed a 10 category upgrade forvme to have been satisfied...not in Hong Kong).
Great view if all the Deluxe Harbour view are like that it could well be an option.
Thanks for sharing.
shoven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 18, 10:12 am
  #1152  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: London
Posts: 3,410
There are 2 Deluxe JSs on each floor those ending in 08 have the 1 big window and the 16 rooms have 2 Windows - I think!
quitecontrary is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 18, 7:20 pm
  #1153  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 11,898
Originally Posted by shoven View Post
Great view if all the Deluxe Harbour view are like that it could well be an option.
Thanks for sharing.
Bathroom and walk in robe area was huge too.
Annalisa12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 4:37 am
  #1154  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 528
I've got a booking here in September using an Ambadassor weekend cert - I booked a Deluxe Junior Suite which I can see has been upgraded to a Superior Suite. Based on the upgrade path previously posted on FT, I expected my booking to be upgraded to the Exec Suite. Is there a big difference between the two rooms?
JustTheOne is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 18, 9:55 am
  #1155  
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DFW
Posts: 641
Originally Posted by JustTheOne View Post
I've got a booking here in September using an Ambadassor weekend cert - I booked a Deluxe Junior Suite which I can see has been upgraded to a Superior Suite. Based on the upgrade path previously posted on FT, I expected my booking to be upgraded to the Exec Suite. Is there a big difference between the two rooms?
The ICHK only does 1 level upgrades now, so if you booked a Deluxe Junior Suite then you will get upgraded to an Intercontinental Superior Suite. If you want to be upgraded to the Executive Suite, you will have to book the Superior Suite then.

Is there a big difference? Well, they are the same size but the superior suite is shaped more triangular and the bedroom is separated. The Executive Suite doesn't have the separation between living and sleeping area so it's more open and feels roomier. The Executive suite also gives you better toiletries. I prefer the Executive suite myself.
vh_bu98 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread