Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:11 am

Would anyone be able to advise how Ambassador and Virtuoso upgrades stack at the IC HKG? I understand that the Ambassador upgrade is guaranteed, and a Virtuoso upgrade is space-available.

For context, I'm currently booked in a Deluxe room (non-HV).

Would I in-effect be able to get a space-available double upgrade? And is there consensus on where this would be to from either

i) Deluxe non-HV room, and
ii) Deluxe HV room (currently thinking of booking into this category instead).

I'd hugely value any advice you might offer.

Thanks,
Adam
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Impressive ^^

Just perfect for a future Royal Ambassador do
Thank You!
Hope to see you again in somewhere of Club InterContinental Lounge all around the world!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes Raynyan I agree. Very impressive and a nice video. I need to try to arrange the same thing for the last night of my upcoming stay.
Thank You very much!
Please be noted up-sell is not always available and condition is not always same.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Raynyan
Thank You very much!
Please be noted up-sell is not always available and condition is not always same.
How much was the up-sell?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ABax
Would anyone be able to advise how Ambassador and Virtuoso upgrades stack at the IC HKG? I understand that the Ambassador upgrade is guaranteed, and a Virtuoso upgrade is space-available.

Would I in-effect be able to get a space-available double upgrade? And is there consensus on where this would be to from either

Thanks,
Adam

Main reason I see/recommend to use Virtuoso is as an Ambassador is for the Virtuso rates that include Cub Lounge access at the IC along with room upgrade, as IC's just don't give Ambassador foc club access.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
How much was the up-sell?
Sorry, cannot disclose. But still very very expensive.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Raynyan
Sorry, cannot disclose. But still very very expensive.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Have been trying to find information about the child policy of the club lounge in this thread and elsewhere but haven't been able to find it. Does anybody know if there is a seperate (lower) fee for club access for children? Or is there even some kind of age limit for access?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 3:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by ddkrules
Have been trying to find information about the child policy of the club lounge in this thread and elsewhere but haven't been able to find it. Does anybody know if there is a seperate (lower) fee for club access for children? Or is there even some kind of age limit for access?
Definitely no age limit as long as with adult.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I ended up doing a relatively cheap up-sell from the usual RA HV upgrade to an Exec Suite on the top floor. I don't think I've been in this room before. The top floor (17) is pretty exclusive with only a few rooms. Special features in this room include...

1. Free mobile Android phone for use during the stay, with unlimited local and international calls and unlimited data

2. Steam option in the shower

3. Spa tub

4. Butler with a call button

5. Power curtain and sheer for the 11 or 12 meter wide window right in the center of the hotel.

6. A bathroom larger than most HK apartments

And lots of extra tech.

I saw a sign down on the street saying the construction will last til summer of 2018. There is some noise during the day, beginning at 9am from the harbor-side works. But I'm not bothered much by it.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:08 pm

View of light show from pool?

Hi. Can you see the light show from the pool or pool deck? Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Hi. Can you see the light show from the pool or pool deck? Thanks!
I was disappointed by the light show. Yes you can see some of it from the pool deck area and the harbour view rooms. It's fun to look at the changing light sequences each every few days but in my opinion it isn't a "must see".

From the pool deck it would be an average show. YMMV.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ABax

Thanks,
Adam
I recently paid membership to Ambassador club for the grand sum of only $200.

I had a 9 night stay in a basic harbour view room. Was upgraded to the Deluxe Harbour View Room. It is so worth paying extra for the harbour view room. I think from memory the upgrade saved me paying over $1500. The 200 was worth every cent

There is tons of construction going around the hotel so any other "views" apart from the harbour are really not views.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Obviously we are at the same time at the same hotel

No pool either with cheapest advance rate:

InterContinental Hong Kong - YouTube
Horrible room placement. TV on the side so can't be seen in bed and the sofa backing on to the window. Isn't the idea of looking out the window?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Horrible room placement. TV on the side so can't be seen in bed and the sofa backing on to the window. Isn't the idea of looking out the window?
Seriously!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.