Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I am at the IC HK right now and they screwed up my room by giving me a smoking executive suite because they said I didn't have a preference selected even though I did. Since I refuse to stay in a smoking room and they don't have any non smoking suites available tonight, I am staying in a superior harbor view room. They will switch me to a non smoking executive suite tomorrow and adjust my price. The fruit basket was a pear, apple, orange, and a banana. No chocolates or ambassador gift. I immediately pointed this out and they sent up a much better fruit basket, chocolates, and the ambassador gift. The room and service overall has been good. Just annoyed by the room snafu and taking an hour before I was able to settle in. Of course I can't really unpack since I will be switching rooms tomorrow.
Nothing to do with ones profile. Smoking/non-smoking is usually part of room selection text option when selecting and booking from returned search options.

Assuming reservation is confirmed as 'non smoking' and you receive a smoking room (or vice-versa) then the little gem of info in ihg walk guidelines is useful to know.

"If a hotel does not deliver the guaranteed reserved and confirmed smoking/non smoking preference, the hotel must provide the guest with their first night’s stay free (room only)."

I am still waiting for a chance to use this knowlege on a stay.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Nothing to do with ones profile. Smoking/non-smoking is usually part of room selection text option when selecting and booking from returned search options.

Assuming reservation is confirmed as 'non smoking' and you receive a smoking room (or vice-versa) then the little gem of info in ihg walk guidelines is useful to know.

"If a hotel does not deliver the guaranteed reserved and confirmed smoking/non smoking preference, the hotel must provide the guest with their first night’s stay free (room only)."

I am still waiting for a chance to use this knowlege on a stay.
I chose non-smoking in my room preference, but they claimed it was no preference.

I don't think they will give me my first night free since I am using my weekend reward voucher to get the second night free.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Has anyone booked this room for four people (2 adults 2 small children)?

Also, does anyone know if this hotel offers a day rate?

Thanks.
I hope this helps, I'm in the middle of my 3 nights booking here. We are a party of four - 2 adults, 11 yo & 2 yo. We booked the reservation as 2 adult 1 kid. They don't make an issue of it when we showed up. However, the bed are small, it's fine for us since 2 yo doesn't take too much space, however, even with both twin mattress combined, I don't think you can fit 4 adults there, 3 at max with one sleeping in the sofa .

Btw, we are using our free chase nights, no other status beside the one chase card gave us. They upgraded us to harbor view room, we get fruits & newspaper in the morning and late checkout. No lounge access though.

Harbor view is amazing. It'll be hard for us to choose any other hotel after seeing the harbor view. The room is a bit older though, need some refreshing for this star level.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Smile Superior Junior Suite Pool(?) View

I arrived at InterContinental Hong Kong just now.

Before arrival, system indicated my room assignment is the "Superior Junior Suite Pool View". (Booked Cheapest room)

I received the West Wing Superior Junior Suite (xx01) as always.

Where is the pool...?

I got it!

RAs, don't be afraid.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Obviously we are at the same time at the same hotel

No pool either with cheapest advance rate:

Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Raynyan
I arrived at InterContinental Hong Kong just now.

Before arrival, system indicated my room assignment is the "Superior Junior Suite Pool View".
Raynyan, it was great to meet you at IC HKG. ^
Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Raynyan, it was great to meet you at IC HKG. ^
Me too! I never imagined we can meet again in here, HK!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Are you guys staying long? I'll be there in a couple of weeks.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'll be here until Tuesday. Then move to Macau. I'll be back here on September.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
You know, I have to work sometimes (this time, it was a long Bastille Day weekend for me, not a business travel).
Back to Paris Sunday evening.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
I have an upcoming 42 hour layover in Hong Kong, but it results in only 1 night at a hotel. I land at 5am on a Thursday and my flight out of HK is on Saturday at 12:20am (so I would be going to the airport around 10pm on Friday). It's my first time in HK and I built my flight that way on purpose: to have a long layover so I can explore the city. I want to go see the Buddha and do some other touristy things. I have a free night certificate at any IHG hotel so I booked a night at the Intercontinental HK.

Would be great if I could get an earlier check-in than the 2pm standard, and a later check-out than the 12pm standard. How good is this hotel about granting early check-in and late check-out? I'm a platinum member, but not sure how it could help in this situation?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MissMiles
Would be great if I could get an earlier check-in than the 2pm standard, and a later check-out than the 12pm standard. How good is this hotel about granting early check-in and late check-out? I'm a platinum member, but not sure how it could help in this situation?
If you had status, like RA status you'd be guaranteed 8am check in. But without it you will have to rely on luck and the willingness of whomever you check in with. I would not count on it, but if it happens you can say you were lucky. And of course you can check any bags and use all the facilities like the fitness area and pool while waiting for your room.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Full review of my last stay with pictures and video:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26933861-post186.html
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raynyan
[B]InterContinental Hong Kong[b]

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Final day, moved to the Presidential Suite by up-sell.

How are the rooms?
Presidential Suite!
【4K】InterContinental Hong Kong, Presidential Suite (Retake in 2016) - YouTube
InterContinental Hong Kong, Terrace of Presidential Suite - YouTube
Impressive ^^

Just perfect for a future Royal Ambassador do
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes Raynyan I agree. Very impressive and a nice video. I need to try to arrange the same thing for the last night of my upcoming stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.