Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I recall a terrible ammonia problem at the GH Beijing. It didn't seem to bother everyone, but no matter what room I switched to I couldn't stand it. I've never been back.

I usually end up with a lower room overlooking the pool at the IC HKG and I've never noticed this problem. But I wouldn't claim that others don't notice it.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 2:51 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Dilemma which rate to choose

Am looking for a special occasion stay at the IC HK at the end of November. I found following rates for my 3 night stay arriving on Saturday... Which one do I choose or what do I forget?

Rates for total stay and excluding tax

F&F superior harbour: 6822 HKD
Pro: cheapest with harbour view (and don't see a real difference with deluxe rooms) - rate qualifies for CtC
Contra: no upgrade, since F&F? - no points (but ok, only 3k per stay...)

Weekend certificate superior harbour: 8080 HKD
Pro: would normally be upgraded? - points for stay - counts fro CtC
Contra: although using a free night, the rate is still remarkably higher

What's really the difference between Superior and Deluxe harbour view rooms? And to waht category would an Amb be upgraded from a Deluxe?

Thanks for your ideas..
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Would it be worth it staying at this hotel for 1 night given I will arrive at 8pm in the evening and have to leave at 7:30am the next morning? It seems expensive, but it's probably my last visit to HK for the next few years.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: PCRA, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Would it be worth it staying at this hotel for 1 night given I will arrive at 8pm in the evening and have to leave at 7:30am the next morning? It seems expensive, but it's probably my last visit to HK for the next few years.

If I were you, NO! better off staying the ICGS a few blocks away.

1. you are only staying for 12 hours.
2. you dont know about the weather condition, if its cloudy on that day, then its a complete waste of money(NO view at all!). If you are staying for a few days, then I might worth the extra.
3. ICGS is only ten mins walk from ICHK, and its cheaper! you may walk to ICHK get a drink to enjoy the stunning view! or just walk along the "star avenue"(not sure about the name!)
4. you dont have enough time to spend on either the pool or the gym.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:16 am

Does the IC HK still provide the "secret" Dom champagne in the club lounge anymore? They used to serve Dom if you secretly asked for it. I was wondering if they still do it???

recent experiences?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:03 am

Another request for info I'm afraid - I've got a weekend in HKG coming up, and want to use my Ambassador Free Weekend voucher. I booked the most expensive room available through the AmbWeekend rate (King Deluxe Harbour View) and the reservation has changed to a Superior Junior Suite. Two questions:

1. What's the view like from the Superior Junior Suite? The room description says 'Partial Harbour View' (and I appreciate that weather conditions may make it academic!)

2. Would I have got the same upgrade if I booked a cheaper room - the Superior Junior Suite looks like the minimum room type that an RA would get, so I may cancel and rebook a basic room (HK$1000 less per night).
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by ag51
Another request for info I'm afraid - I've got a weekend in HKG coming up, and want to use my Ambassador Free Weekend voucher. I booked the most expensive room available through the AmbWeekend rate (King Deluxe Harbour View) and the reservation has changed to a Superior Junior Suite. Two questions:

1. What's the view like from the Superior Junior Suite? The room description says 'Partial Harbour View' (and I appreciate that weather conditions may make it academic!)

2. Would I have got the same upgrade if I booked a cheaper room - the Superior Junior Suite looks like the minimum room type that an RA would get, so I may cancel and rebook a basic room (HK$1000 less per night).
Superior junior suites do have partial harbour view and you should get a deluxe junior suite. Their usual policy is deluxe harbour view to deluxe junior suite. Send them an email to clarify - they're quick in replying.

Booking the cheapest room will only get you an executive "pool view" room.

Here's a reply as of April 2010:
"For Royal Ambassador Member, if you reserve a Contemporary Deluxe Plaza View Room, room will be upgrade to Contemporary Superior Harbour View Room. If you reserve a Executive Pool View Room, room will be upgrade to Contemporary Deluxe Harbour View Room. If you reserve a Contemporary Deluxe Harbour View Room, room will be upgrade to Deluxe Junior Suite. "

--> If it's just about the view, I recommend booking the executive pool view for a deluxe (largish at 42 sqm) full harbour view room.

All that said, the IC HK is notoriously stingy when using a BOGO (in regards to upgrades), so do communicate in advance and do make it clear that you want a deluxe junior suite (or more).
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:21 am

The partial harbor view suites are at the end of the floors and have a view to the side and the back, not the 'real' full view. These rooms are on the inland side of the hotel, not on the harbor side and allow you to see some part of the harbor from the side window.
I personally would not accept such an 'up'grade and rather stay in a smaller room with the full view.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:14 am

Thanks for the responses - sounds like the pool view room (upgraded to harbour view room) may be the way to go. I may drop them an email to ask what my options are on a BOGO.

I'll be on my own, so room size isn't much of an issue.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Exclamation Does HK IC provide Amb benefits for Rewards

Hi Y'all,
Booked Reward nite for next week at HK IC. From posts here and RA Experience thread it seems this hotel provides usual RA benefits (mini bar, upgrade, gifts) for rewards stays, though none were for this month. My resrvations specifically says " Amb benefits do not apply to this reservation". I am Plat RA, and this seems to contradict others experience on this forum. Am I going to get a pleasant surpise upon check-in, or has this hotel changed it's policies of providing any RA benefits for Reward nites. Since I'll arrive late and leaving next day, I am not so interested in Club upgrades as I am in raiding the mini-bar.
Your responses are appreciated.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
That message is an automatic statement that is always generated on reward night bookings. Actual benefits are up to the hotel.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
HK IC Reward stay RA benefits

Originally Posted by Raffles
That message is an automatic statement that is always generated on reward night bookings. Actual benefits are up to the hotel.
That's good to know. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks Raffles.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I love this hotel (have been visiting for a decade) but has anyone noticed that the wireless internet is very unreliable? Given the cost (over $20 US for 24 hour period) I would expect better performance.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:25 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I've just booked 2 nights at HK IC 1 King Bed Superior Harbour View Room using Family and Friends rate for late December (2100 HKD per night inc tax) in short notice. Just wondering that do I get "full" harbour view for this, or partial harbour view? It seems that there is a category called "King Bd Executive Ste Full Harbor View" .....

Also if I want to have dinner at Nobu or SPOON should get a booking? Or I can just get a seat anytime given we are hotel guest?

Last edited by kamchatsky; Dec 7, 2010 at 4:31 am
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by edison
I've just booked 2 nights at HK IC 1 King Bed Superior Harbour View Room using Family and Friends rate for late December (2100 HKD per night inc tax) in short notice. Just wondering that do I get "full" harbour view for this, or partial harbour view? It seems that there is a category called "King Bd Executive Ste Full Harbor View" .....

Also if I want to have dinner at Nobu or SPOON should get a booking? Or I can just get a seat anytime given we are hotel guest?
Deluxe and superior harbour view rooms have a full view, superior harbour view junior suite has partial harbour view. Executive suites have full view.

I suggest you make a booking for Friday and Saturday nights, during the week it shouldn't be a problem - Spoon was deserted last time I was there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.