Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
IC HK Sold for $938 Million

IC HK has been sold for $938 million but will retain the brand and retain management by IHG for 37 years + another 30 years for a total of 67 years.

Here's the article:

IHG has Sold IC HK for $938 Milion

Enjoy!

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jul 16, 2015 at 12:24 am Reason: typo on $938 Million
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by chrisksc
IC HK has been sold
That was posted that last week. Just 3 posts up from yours!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by stimpy
That was posted that last week. Just 3 posts up from yours!
You know what? You are right. I see it now but earlier before I post I did browse but for what ever reasons I just missed it. Otherwise, I would not have done it. Just so weird.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:44 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by sbw
ICGS will offer complimentary Wi-Fi service for everyone effective August 1, 2015.
They also offer a handy smartphone:
COMPLIMENTARY service included with our handy smartphone:
•Unlimited Local and International Calls to 8 Countries (China, USA, Australia, Germany, Japan, India, Singapore, South Korea)
•Unlimited 3G Mobile Internet Access
•Comprehensive Hong Kong City Guide
•Exclusive Discounts and Ticketing Offers
•Wi-Fi Hotspot & Tethering
IC HK has Handy as well. Kinda nice, especially the free calls to the US and China which are useful for me, since my US AT&T is US$1/min and my Chinese China Mobile doesn't work without some extra effort and expense.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hi;

Not interested in the Lounge price but am interested in the possibility of upgrading from a Chase Anniversary night to Harbour View.

Also, would that answer vary by Ambassador or lowly Plat? It's my wife's annual night, I'm the Ambassador. That's why I figure cash - but I don't see an e-upgrade option at the ihc website with my res, nor on the email.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: SORRY to take the bandwith; answer is post #669

Last edited by beachfan; Jul 18, 2015 at 1:11 am
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:55 am
formerly known as ravishah

I read the last 10 pages but given its new has anyone stayed there with Spire status yet and if they care or will it be the usual don't care about IHG status? Debating whether to purchase or redeem points to get AMB to go with Spire - anyone think that will give me any good benefits?

Also I am there over xmas this year (booked a standard room on points). Does anyone have any exp of the hotel at this time. I know it is not huge in HK but will the hotel be rammed?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:10 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by ravishah
I read the last 10 pages but given its new has anyone stayed there with Spire status yet and if they care or will it be the usual don't care about IHG status? Debating whether to purchase or redeem points to get AMB to go with Spire - anyone think that will give me any good benefits?

Also I am there over xmas this year (booked a standard room on points). Does anyone have any exp of the hotel at this time. I know it is not huge in HK but will the hotel be rammed?

Thanks in advance
I don't think IC cares about Spire status. But I will let you know as I will be staying there for 4 days in September!

I am Spire Ambassador so we will see what happens.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:21 pm

Thanks in advance
April stay.

IHG platinum (before Spire rolled out), no ambassador, booked deluxe harbour view room with cash and upgraded to the "good" junior suite in the middle of the building with the better view. Upgrade in confirmation online well before arrival.

Received one welcome drink of beer or wine that took 30 minutes to get in the lobby lounge. Fruit amenity in room and evian refresh.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: BA - Blue

Thanks in advance
We've stayed here several times, always on points/ certs, and always as Plat (not AMB). We are very well looked after every stay (doesn't always mean an upgraded room, but we have been upgraded to a habour view room), and that may be partly from being a repeat visitor, but even on first visit the clerk noted I was "platinum guest" and upgraded us to a huge (no view) room.

tb
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: Flying blue
Originally Posted by craz
Usaully I would walk out of the hotel, down its driveway turn Left and walk down to The Star Ferry and grab a boat over to Central.Then Id take teh 15 bus to the PeakTram or stay on it all the way to the top(long) But I hav eno idea if any of those modes of transport even operate early enough to be at the Peak for sunrise.
Or MTR from T-S-T and walk to the tram peak, it's not that far. Quite a nice walk by the bank of china.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:04 pm

I know there's been some discussion in comparing the IC HK vs IC GS on this thread already but hoping to get some additional color. I'm looking to book 4 nights for December and the rates are significantly different.

I know the IC HK is in a different league but how much $$ is it really worth (of course this is going to be highly subjective)?

The base room at IC HK (INTERCONTINENTAL SUPERIOR ROOM) is HKD 2512.50 (pre-paid rate) while a harbor view room at IC GC (PREMIER FULL HARBOUR VIEW) is HKD 2070 (advance booking, free cancelation).

I'm Platinum Elite via Chase and would consider purchasing Ambassador if there's value to be had. Is the IC HK worth that big a price difference (Harbor View room is HKD 3112.50)? Going with wife for a family wedding so it's kind of a special occasion as we don't make it to Asia very often.

I've been looking at these properties as I'm hoping Platinum status will at least have some perks as I don't have any status elsewhere. But would I be better off at a different property altogether in the TST area? Also hope to use Citi Prestige 4th night free benefit; so that would help offset the price difference a bit if I go with IC HK.

FWIW, I already booked 2 nights at IC GS (base Premier Room) for an earlier part of the trip then going to Shanghai for 2 nights before return to HK for last 4 nights of the trip.

Last edited by romans837; Aug 2, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I've stayed at both and, alas, I do find the IC HK much nicer in almost every way. I'd pay 30 percent more to stay there.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
I've stayed at both and, alas, I do find the IC HK much nicer in almost every way. I'd pay 30 percent more to stay there.
Based on what I've just been told by both IC HK and IC GS in regards to award bookings + Royal Ambassador benefits ...... I tend to agree.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:05 am
formerly known as ravishah

Thanks for the input all - look forward to hear your updates after the upcoming stays!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Just stayed on a points rate.

As a total shocker, got a junior suite with Harbour view (xx01) and Club. Most, most impressed. Curious to hear if this is their new policy, or if I just got lucky?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.