Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
IC Hong Kong Master Thread - after to February 01, 2010 [merged]

1) do ambassadors get club level and lounge access or is that a fee? (3 night award stay Nov 9)
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:43 am
Original Member

IC Hong Kong Master Thread - after to February 01, 2010 [merged]

As a plan ambassador (not RA) I did not. Just a one category upgrade.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:18 am

Booked Deluxe Junior Suite, got upgraded some hours later to Executive Suite.

Arrived at 14:30 at the Hotel, Hotel is Fully booked so got a Double Upgrade to Deluxe Suite. They just had one that is a Smoking Room, declined that as non smoker.

Had to wait until 5pm for the non Smoking Room but was offered club for free to wait.

I went out for a walk and came back at 5, they did apologize for the waiting Time and told me that the club benefit will be for the whole stay( just 1 Night).

When i got back from Dinner i had a bottle of champagne, chocolate, strawberries& red wine in my Room for the "trouble" during Check in.

Views are amazing, Service is good, i will definitly come back!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:58 am

Will be in HK in November with family (two toddlers).

Is the IC TST better than IC Grand Stanford?

Will be using my points to redeem two nights. Please advise.

Thanks all.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ponickka
Will be in HK in November with family (two toddlers).

Is the IC TST better than IC Grand Stanford?

Will be using my points to redeem two nights. Please advise.

Thanks all.
Very similar question very recently

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...otel-stay.html
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I booked an award stay here for my mom using points at 45k/night. I want to send an email asking about club access and room upgrade (for $ of course) for a view room.

I know people have said that she can check in on my award reservation, but wanted to double check to see if others have any problems. Would it make sense to inform the hotel that the room is for my mom and I will not be there?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by patchan8984
I booked an award stay here for my mom using points at 45k/night. I want to send an email asking about club access and room upgrade (for $ of course) for a view room.

I know people have said that she can check in on my award reservation, but wanted to double check to see if others have any problems. Would it make sense to inform the hotel that the room is for my mom and I will not be there?
No problems. Booked an award reservation for my brother last month. He was able to check-in and use my Royal Ambassador benefits just fine. I would advise you not to tell the hotel that you won't be there. Just add your mom's name to the reservation online under "additional guests", and that's it.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by emurray077
No problems. Booked an award reservation for my brother last month. He was able to check-in and use my Royal Ambassador benefits just fine. I would advise you not to tell the hotel that you won't be there. Just add your mom's name to the reservation online under "additional guests", and that's it.
Are you saying they honoured RA benefits on points? I feel like I saw a message go upthread about it, but I wanted to confirm.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Are you saying they honoured RA benefits on points? I feel like I saw a message go upthread about it, but I wanted to confirm.
Sorry, I should have made that clarification. Yes, they honored the RA benefits on a points stay. But I did pay the supplement for the additional upgrade. I'm not sure if that factors into it or not (probably not, but you never know).
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by emurray077
Sorry, I should have made that clarification. Yes, they honored the RA benefits on a points stay. But I did pay the supplement for the additional upgrade. I'm not sure if that factors into it or not (probably not, but you never know).
Now I'm staying with points. Yes, they honored the Club access as I reported before.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Raynyan
Now I'm staying with points. Yes, they honored the Club access as I reported before.
Sorry this is the GS or the other IC?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Sorry this is the GS or the other IC?
This thread is for IC HKG. Not for the GS. If you'd like to know about the GS, go and ask at below;
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ight=Hong+Kong
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:05 pm

This thread is for IC HKG. Not for the GS. If you'd like to know about the GS, go and ask at below;
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ight=Hong+Kong
Sorry! Misread the meaning of "consolidated thread". I was looking for this IC so that's excellent. Thank you!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Just stayed here last weekend. Booked using ambassador weekend certificate. Received the upgraded to a junior suite.

Room was great - amazing view. I almost didn't want to leave the hotel the whole weekend.

Great lounge/bar in the main lobby with the same view.

Access was not challenging as some seem to have indicated in earlier posts. Yes, there is some construction going on, but it's easy to cross Salisbury Road to the other side either on the surface or underground via tunnel. It's also nice to be able to walk along the waterfront to the Star Ferry.

I wouldn't really say that there's a reason to book away from this property.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I confirmed the latest upgrade policy.

[IHG Rewards Club]
Club Level: No upgrade
Gold: No upgrade
Platinum: 1 category upgrade depends on availability, not guaranteed
#If you want Harbour View Room, book Superior Harbour View Room

[Ambassador]
Gold: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
Platinum: 1 category guaranteed upgrade
# If you book Deluxe Plaza View Room, your maximum upgrade will be Executive Plaza View Room

Royal Every Plaza View booking: => Superior Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Harbour View booking: => Deluxe Junior Suite with Club
Royal Every Suite booking: => 1 category upgrade with Club
#No free upgrade to Patio, Terrace Suite, CEO Suite, and Presidential Suite

[If you want to stay rare category room]
#They are request base when booking and depends on availability
Superior Suite: Hotel regards same category as Executive Suite. For Ambassador, Book Deluxe Junior Suite and request Superior Suite. For others, Book Executive Suite and request Superior Suite
Patio Room: Book Deluxe Harbour View with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Junior Suite: Book Deluxe Junior Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge
Patio Deluxe Suite: Book Deluxe Suite with pay 2000HKD extra charge
I will be at this hotel at the end of November for three nights. I am a Royal Ambassador and was booked into a Standard Room but called the hotel to pay an upcharge. First they told me that I was already upgraded to a Superior Junior Suite. Then I was told I could upgrade to an Executive Suite for an additional $350/night which I accepted.

Two questions - is that too much for each night and what is the real difference between a Superior Junior Suite and the Executive Suite? From what I can tell, I now will get an indoor Jacuzzi and an additional 200 SF.

Also, should I expect an upgrade from an Executive Suite and, if so, would the Deluxe Suite be the next step up? I'm confused by the website and trying to make sure I have the best time here that I can. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.