Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Considering a stay here on points for 4 nights, for my first time in Hong Kong.

After reading this thread am I right in saying that the chances of sweet-talking a free upgrade to a harbour view room is zero(am IHG Platinum)? I will be staying Monday to Friday in late March.

Do people feel this hotel is still worth staying in, with the knowledge that I will be definitely be given a kowloon facing room?

Finally is paying to upgrade the room to a harbour view worth it (subjective I know) for first trip to Hong Kong? $1200 HKD a night would be too much for me but $600 a night as someone above reported being offered would be doable.

For me it is worth. If you want to have the harbour view experience, booking a harbour view (towers) room in the Sheraton could do the same trick for less money. I however always stay at the IC since I love the big cruise ship in the morning passing directly by my window. :-)
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
First time in HK really is all about harbour view. It is intoxicating.

I'd take a good look at Harbour View rooms in The Towers section of the Sheraton. Beware of the standard rooms they are small. But the Towers lounge has a fabulous harbour view and the breakfast area for the Towers floors is fantastic with wide spacing between tables and an incredible harbour panorama.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Thanks guys, unfortunately I have to book using points for budgetary reasons and I dont have Starwood points so Sheraton is not an option for me.

Just to help make a final decision, I wondered if anyone could say whether they felt booking the IC Hong Kong with points (and choosing not to pay cash to upgrade to harbour view) was worth it?

Is this hotel worth 45k points a night without the bedroom view? Anyone with personal experience?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:58 pm

Considering a stay here on points for 4 nights, for my first time in Hong Kong.

After reading this thread am I right in saying that the chances of sweet-talking a free upgrade to a harbour view room is zero(am IHG Platinum)? I will be staying Monday to Friday in late March.

Do people feel this hotel is still worth staying in, with the knowledge that I will be definitely be given a kowloon facing room?

Finally is paying to upgrade the room to a harbour view worth it (subjective I know) for first trip to Hong Kong? $1200 HKD a night would be too much for me but $600 a night as someone above reported being offered would be doable.
The view from a harbour view room is simply stunning. If you don't mind moving room, perhaps you could also try to ask for a pay upgrade just for one night? I personal think it is worth at least a one night experience..

IC HK might not as generous as other ICs, but it is still a very nice hotel.
If you are only considering the IHG hotels in HK, I personally think 45000 points a night, even without the harbour view room, still a good value.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
If you are only considering the IHG hotels in HK, I personally think 45000 points a night, even without the harbour view room, still a good value.
Thanks loyaltypointchaser. Very helpful advice. I think for IHG, the best options seem like 45k for the IC or (for value) 20k for Crowne Plaza Kowloon East. I think though for my first stay in HK, it seems worth it to stay central for the experience. The indigo is also 45k but it is sold out for my dates.

Looking at other chains, the best value for central(ish) is the Marriott Courtyard for 25k marriott a night. That might be a better use of points, as 25k marriott is about 33k IHG so maybe Ill see if I can trade. If the IC allowed you to book harbour view rooms for 45k or 50k it would be a no brainer but the almost guarantee of a non view room makes me want to consider other cheaper points options.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Can someone offer more details about the club such as when they serve food, cocktail hours and quality, etc.? We are booking through Amex Plat so breakfast in the restaurant is already included, which makes the club slightly duplicative. Nonetheless, we generally we like being able to hang in a club, particularly because I usually need to hit the laptop for an hour or two at least each day. Question is whether it is worth $178 US extra per night for two people.

(One reason I ask is that the offerings vary so much by hotel. For instance, at the Grand Hyatt Kauai recently, we were comped into the club for one night and I was somewhat astonished to find that the hotel charged for cocktails there. Since we didn't pay for the club privileges, I had no basis to complain but had we paid $$ for the club, I would have felt a bit ripped off.)
Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by sfolawyer
Can someone offer more details about the club such as when they serve food, cocktail hours and quality, etc.? We are booking through Amex Plat so breakfast in the restaurant is already included, which makes the club slightly duplicative. Nonetheless, we generally we like being able to hang in a club, particularly because I usually need to hit the laptop for an hour or two at least each day. Question is whether it is worth $178 US extra per night for two people.

(One reason I ask is that the offerings vary so much by hotel. For instance, at the Grand Hyatt Kauai recently, we were comped into the club for one night and I was somewhat astonished to find that the hotel charged for cocktails there. Since we didn't pay for the club privileges, I had no basis to complain but had we paid $$ for the club, I would have felt a bit ripped off.)
Full disclosure: I've never been to the club, although I hear from others that it's great, but I have stayed at this hotel at least fifteen times and always eat the breakfast buffet at the main restaurant, Harbourside, because it is wonderful food with a spectacular view. Given that you already have this breakfast included, I don't see as much point to the club, especially at that price. I would save the money and use it going out to eat in Hong Kong. You can also get in-room internet access for $20 US (or free if you are Platinum).
Old Mar 4, 2014, 5:51 pm

Upgrade Offers

Staying for 1 night (Friday night) in a few weeks. e-mailed hotel for upgrade opps:

InterContinental Harbour View Room, daily supplement at HKD1,500 plus 10% service charge per room

InterContinental Deluxe Harbour View Room, daily supplement at HKD2,000 plus 10% service charge per room

I've anecdotaly read that upgrade price might be less upon check in - does anyone have any recent experiences? FWIW I am a IHG Platinum

Also, is the Deluxe room worth the incremental 500 HKD over standard harbour view?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:36 pm

Why is there a dining table cloth in the bathroom by the hand towels???
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:42 am

I've anecdotaly read that upgrade price might be less upon check in - does anyone have any recent experiences? FWIW I am a IHG Platinum
I would also be interested to know if upgrade price at check in is cheaper if anyone has any experience.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I would also be interested to know if upgrade price at check in is cheaper if anyone has any experience.
Me too!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does anyone know if IHG Platinum has access to club lounge on award stays?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by agp423
Does anyone know if IHG Platinum has access to club lounge on award stays?
ROFL

IHG platinum don't has any access to any lounge at the HKIC unless the Hon. iHG platinum pays for it. And the same is true for any other guest, even for RAs.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:58 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
What's Hon. iHG? Honorable i-Hotel Guest? Or is that some other litigation lawyer abbreviation?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:31 am

Expected modest upgrades after reading post and set expectations accordingly....pleased to be disappointed!...got a monster suite with super harbor view.

Weekend voucher asked for!!! (I didn't even remember that I had a BOGO but after a root through found two!)and fully honored. Full RA pack and Club included...no joke.

However Club Lounge was seriously flooded a couple of nights. Again no joke, they had a serious roof flood which is now resolved and perfect again. I honestly do not know how this occurred but following a lot of apologies (and to be honest no complaints but a good degree of sympathy from our side) we got an evening at Spoon and another night at the Harbourside buffet with full alcohol package and zero charge for either!

Can't say enough right now about IC HKG

Last edited by Atacama40; Mar 28, 2014 at 3:32 am Reason: after thought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.