Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
For those who stayed using points, was anyone able to sweet talk or pay to upgrade to a harbor view room? I know 95% of the time it does not mean anything at IC, but I am an IHG platinum.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by agp423
For those who stayed using points, was anyone able to sweet talk or pay to upgrade to a harbor view room? I know 95% of the time it does not mean anything at IC, but I am an IHG platinum.
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm IHG Platinum through the Priority Club credit card and after inquiring I got an email that I was offered an upgrade to a Harbour View Room for 1500 HKD + 10% per night. I do think this is for a regular and not deluxe, but will inquire further. A shame since the rate difference is 250 HKD for per night for the advance purchase rate.

I'm considering just not paying anything and see if I could get an upgrade at the hotel...problem is this is on a Fri-Sun stay.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
That's more than the price difference between the two types of rooms... I would just ask at check in, and if no luck, then maybe ask if you can get an upgrade if you buy ambassador status through the hotel, since hotels get "commissions" for ambassador statuses they sell.

Please keep us posted on what happens. When is your stay?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:02 am

mid April, weekend.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:30 am

Just stayed here for two nights over NYE with points. I had booked two rooms with points, both we got were facing the Kowloon as expected. However, there was a big difference in the size of the rooms and bathrooms.

Overall the stay was very good. The location is probably the best in the entire city, everything is super close and the views from the lobby... you already know it!

The downside: The rooms are very dated, both in style and in terms of condition. It was still acceptable given the pros of the property, but I kinda doubt that they`re going to renovate the rooms anytime soon since they can still charge incredible prices and get sold out.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:23 pm

I sent another email for more details, here are my offers:

1500HKD+10% from award room to harbour view room.
2000HKD+10% from award room to deluxe harbour view room.

1280HKD+10% for club.

All are per night, club upgrade is for double occupancy.
Kind of expensive...there are some hotels with harbour view rooms (albeit not as nice) that cost only a bit more than the upgrade. Not sure if its worth it, any thoughts?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Review of Intercon HK

Stayed there for one night in November of last year, and paid $1200 HKD to upgrade to a superior harbor room since Mrs. Selfish is only an ambassador member.

PROS
+ Awesome view - way better than the Conrad HK or JW Marriott
+ Free drink cert on check-in
+ Early check-in (8:30am) was available to us, even as a lowly ambassador
+ Room is nice, modern, and clean

CONS
- No upgrade on request - was told it was only on paid stays, though I thought this wasn't the case for ambassador members?
- Usually IHG gripes - no food, lounge access, etc.

All and all, totally worth a stay here. ^

I have a longer review at the ol' blog, for anyone who is interested:

http://theselfishyears.com/2014/01/0...tal-hong-kong/
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Brief review

Was there Dec 28-30 on points. Platinums get the standard two drink vouchers and free in-room wi-fi. The drink vouchers go quite far in their lobby bar, which has a stunning view of the harbor. We used them for their house red wine, which was actually very good (and huge pours) during the evening harbour light show. Comes with olives and mixed nuts (which were refilled). Aside from the view, the best part about this hotel for me is their infinity hot tub. Usually empty at night so you have it all to yourself. Gym is 24 hours, which is nice if you’re jet-lagged and looking for something to do at 4am. Or need some more bottled water. FYI, there's construction going on adjacent to the pool area. No activity at night, but you may still find bothersome.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Chinese new year promotion

Just an FYI, they are having an awesome promotion right now for the lunar new year. I was able to book a harborview room for 2000HKD per night. It's been years since the prices were that good.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, UR, IHG, HH, BA, CC
My husband and I just spent two nights at the IC Hong Kong on points - we have no ambassador status, though I am a plat with PC. When I originally emailed asking about an upgrade to a harborview room, I was quoted HKD 1200 plus tax/night, but upon reading the hotel, that rate was reduced to 600 HKD/night
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: Meh
I am a lowly Plat but will stay for one nigth at this hotel on points. I will arrive at about 8.30am, what are my chances of early check-in?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by nainas28
My husband and I just spent two nights at the IC Hong Kong on points - we have no ambassador status, though I am a plat with PC. When I originally emailed asking about an upgrade to a harborview room, I was quoted HKD 1200 plus tax/night, but upon reading the hotel, that rate was reduced to 600 HKD/night
Do you mean upon reaching the hotel for checkin? I want to inquire about this too but at those rates 1200+ it's kinda ridiculous and makes using points pointless!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:30 pm

I plan on staying three nights as an Ambassador, two using points and one using the Chase free night certificate. From what I'm reading it seems that it's mostly a miss to get any benefits, but some people do get a few perks. Any definitive answer as to what I can expect or will I just have to wait until check-in?

Also compared to benefits using points, would the Grand Stafford be a better choice or the same?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by silverm0623
I plan on staying three nights as an Ambassador, two using points and one using the Chase free night certificate. From what I'm reading it seems that it's mostly a miss to get any benefits, but some people do get a few perks. Any definitive answer as to what I can expect or will I just have to wait until check-in?

Also compared to benefits using points, would the Grand Stafford be a better choice or the same?
You will likely be happiest if you don't plan on any benefits.

I have no idea about what the Grand Stanford may offer, but the IC is a fabulous hotel and would certainly be my choice.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Considering a stay here on points for 4 nights, for my first time in Hong Kong.

After reading this thread am I right in saying that the chances of sweet-talking a free upgrade to a harbour view room is zero(am IHG Platinum)? I will be staying Monday to Friday in late March.

Do people feel this hotel is still worth staying in, with the knowledge that I will be definitely be given a kowloon facing room?

Finally is paying to upgrade the room to a harbour view worth it (subjective I know) for first trip to Hong Kong? $1200 HKD a night would be too much for me but $600 a night as someone above reported being offered would be doable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.