Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Globalist
Thanks Chinatrvl, always like reading your updates!

The CP Kowloon East does seem a bit far especially as it is a leisure trip around XMas. Also not all nights are available on reward points. Torn between the CP Causeway Bay which I have not visited before, or the ICHK where we probably get the crappiest room with no view on reward nights as an ambassador?

Both properties are 45k points per night though..

The ICGS is a nice place, last time I stayed there i found it slightly dated but no attitude like ICHK. But then at 50k ponts I would choose the better connected CPCB.

Globalist
My guess is that the odds for an unexpected upgrade to a great room or suite and/or club access on a points reservation are higher at the CP. In May we got a suite and club access for four nights - totally unexpected. The CP is a great hotel in a great location - it would be my choice; despite the lack of a harbor view.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: Intercontinental Gold Ambassador | British Airways Silver EC
Room upgrade on Ambassador Weekend Rate?

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. There are so many threads!

I hold a Gold Ambassador membership and have booked a 3 night stay at the Hong Kong hotel, using the Ambassador Weekend Rate.

Will I still receive a room upgrade if I am using the Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate for a free night?

I have studied all the terms and conditions that I can find and nothing seems to answer this question directly.

I know that you will not receive an upgrade if you book a reward night. Does the complimentary weekend night count as a reward night?

We are staying in a Deluxe Harbour View Room with the hope of being upgraded to a Deluxe Harbour View Junior Suite. I have asked them to note that we are celebrating our wedding anniversary.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Does this place charge for a 3rd person in the room on a reward stay?

The site allows for a reward booking in the superior room with 3 people, but it doesn't note the bed type and if a 3rd person fee.

Thanks
Yes, I believe they charge $600 plus 10 percent service charge, assuming the 3rd person is an adult.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
IC Hong Kong (November 2013)

This post was copied from the Royal Ambassador Experience Thread to have a reference for the discussion about this post, which seems to fit better in the IC Hong Kong master thread than in the the RA Experience Thread

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Definitely Not! Rather disappointed.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked using Reward Nights was "upgraded" to City View Superior room WITHOUT RA benefits.

How are the rooms?
Horribly small and aged. Toilet bowl is old, need to flash twice.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not get access. Was offered an upgrade with top-up of HKD1,500 before 30% "discount" to get lounge access. This is madness!

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, a bottle of Chile's Vina Maipo Cabernet Sauvignon 2012.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes, some fruit in bowl, welcome Premium Chinese Bird's Tongue Jasmine tea in teapot, 2 large bottles of Evian water.

How was the minibar?
Great selections of spirits, red & white wine, foreign beer and non-alcoholic beverages. Too bad no RA benefits! Tea/coffee are complimentary but will need to pay to replenish.

What were the bathroom amenities?
By Salvatore Ferragamo (Italy). All in 40ml containers. However, during turn-down service, they replenished with amenities by AGRARIA (San Francisco) instead. Also all in 40ml containers.

What was good and what was bad?
-Good
Nothing at all.

-Bad
Arrogant service at the Lobby Lounge. I was given 2 complimentary drink coupons and I ordered two English Breakfast tea. There were 3 of us and they came with 2 teapots and two teacups. I asked for another cup but was told "NO" as the coupons are only for 2. What NONSENS is this?

Terrible service at Concierge. I asked for a masking tape, but they did not have any. So they called Business Center which they do but was told I need to pay for it. I don't need a whole roll as I just wanted to seal a box!

Requested International NY Times during Check-In but nothing was delivered.

Handed in the Feedback form during check-out indicating not happy with the stay/service and it has been 1 week since and still no follow-up.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
No.

Would you return?
As an RA, IC would be my first choice to clock in my stays but it all depends on the rate, prior experiences, promotions, situation, etc.

Comments
It seems to me that if you pay nothing (as in Reward Nights), you get nothing (even for RA!). What an arrogant service attitude!

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 10, 2013 at 7:20 am Reason: see post
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by chrisksc
It seems to me that if you pay nothing (as in Reward Nights), you get nothing (even for RA!). What an arrogant service attitude!
Why is this arrogant? Those are the rules of the program you are a member of. I'm not surprised you aren't happy, but if you follow this forum you'd know that this is one of several IC's that follow the rules to the letter on award stays. It's a waste of points to stay there. But this is one of the absolute best IC's in the world on paid stays.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by stimpy
Why is this arrogant? Those are the rules of the program you are a member of. I'm not surprised you aren't happy, but if you follow this forum you'd know that this is one of several IC's that follow the rules to the letter on award stays. It's a waste of points to stay there. But this is one of the absolute best IC's in the world on paid stays.
Put the RN aside, look at the service standard.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Put the RN aside, look at the service standard.
I've been staying here at least once a year since the hotel opened under the IC brand and once before when it was the Regent. I think the service is very, very good. Assuming you are on a paid stay that is.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
I've been staying here at least once a year since the hotel opened under the IC brand and once before when it was the Regent. I think the service is very, very good. Assuming you are on a paid stay that is.
I quite agree with you.
Moreover, If you are regular guest of this hotel (multiple stays in annual), they offer complimentary mini-bar and room upgrade even if included reward night.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Raynyan
I quite agree with you.
Moreover, If you are regular guest of this hotel (multiple stays in annual), they offer complimentary mini-bar and room upgrade even if included reward night.
Well, anyway, this is what I have encountered and I am entitled to report my experiences as you are entitled yours.

Hence, the purpose of this thread is to report both good and bad experiences. This is my experience and my opinion is such. If you or anyone experiences are otherwise, the best way is to write a review after your stay and let the community knows. I believe the community will appreciates it, as I do. :-:

I am on the road for business a lot, of course, mostly staying at IHG properties. This weekend I am home, a rare situation, but how am I spending my free time? Partly, writing reviews for this thread to contribute to the community. I am also collating photos and videos of the hotel rooms so that others can benefits from it. I am figuring out how to do this. @:-)

The best thing and much appreciations for the hard work by our MOD to have the index by Region, Hotels and Date for ease of reading by the community. ^
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:37 am

Well, anyway, this is what I have encountered and I am entitled to report my experiences as you are entitled yours.

Hence, the purpose of this thread is to report both good and bad experiences. This is my experience and my opinion is such. If you or anyone experiences are otherwise, the best way is to write a review after your stay and let the community knows. I believe the community will appreciates it, as I do. :-:

I am on the road for business a lot, of course, mostly staying at IHG properties. This weekend I am home, a rare situation, but how am I spending my free time? Partly, writing reviews for this thread to contribute to the community. I am also collating photos and videos of the hotel rooms so that others can benefits from it. I am figuring out how to do this. @:-)

The best thing and much appreciations for the hard work by our MOD to have the index by Region, Hotels and Date for ease of reading by the community. ^
Seems to be the standard procedure there. My stay was similar (also with points) but with one difference: I left after 3 hours. Even the worsest Holiday Inn Express next to a highway tries to upgrade RA Platinums also with points, even if they don't have better rooms in their hotel. (I know that they don't have to do that)

Normally I stay at the Grand Hyatt, but wanted to try something new. The staff at IC was arrogant and unfriendly. The IC had air-condition problems, it was impossible to sleep. They told me that no upgrade or room change was possible because they were fully booked, but offered me a paid upgrade??? Sorry, I won't return.

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed and as you were disappointed in not receiving RA benefits on an award stay, you are quite right to report your disappointment. We've all done that over the years and there are a great many similar posts about this hotel and the IC BKK for instance regarding the lack of benefits on award stays.

But it seems disingenuous to me to project that disappointment onto every other aspect of the hotel. Had you done a paid stay, you would probably love this hotel. Or you could run a search through this thread for Hong Kong or HGK, you would find many wonderful stay posts. Also you can search for the master thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...10-merged.html and learn even more about the hotel and the experiences of many Flyertalkers.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:11 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
I do agree with stimpy here that the IC HKG is well known for following the rules to the letter on award stays. However, the service standard you received is quite surprising for me; has never happened to me before. In fact, I've just got back from IC on an award stay. Did pay for Club access (as I usually do there) and received a large City View Room on a high floor (15th floor), was much appreciated and certainly more than expected (and/or entitled to according to the rules). ^ And yes, if you have a stay history there, minibar benefits are granted (just don't expect it). And the service was great as usual, very personal and attentive.

It's still one of my favourite IC hotels out there!!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: EBD (*A gold), IHG Plat. Amb., HH Gold, Freccia Alata Plus, Air Berlin Gold...
plan to stay at IC Hong Kong in December, I am a Ambassador and plan to use BOGOF certificate.

What room to book to have some probability for an upgrade to a suite?

How much for Club access?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I don't like the hotel: but that's just me. The one time I stayed, the mercenary style of the reception crew depressed me - it was like that TV ad "hmmmm did you enjoy the view ?($$$$$$$$$$$$$$)".

If I stay "online" in HKG it will be at the other IC, which is just fine.

Lounges are fine places, but there are so many better places to spend a Hong Kong evening
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FF#1
plan to stay at IC Hong Kong in December, I am a Ambassador and plan to use BOGOF certificate.

What room to book to have some probability for an upgrade to a suite?

How much for Club access?
What about reading through that thread?? it is all in here. For sure. Flyertalk is not a moderated Wikipedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.