Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:47 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

IME, at this hotel, there's an 80% chance that they will make you move when using the paid stay followed by award trick. I only got to stay in the xx16 junior suite once. And a few times in the less desirable xx01 junior suite. Perhaps the chances are better if you have a regular harbor view room, but I wouldn't bet on that.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
I had a jr. suite and they upgraded me to a very large suite with a full view of the harbor (Platinum status). Best room I've ever been in.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: Sky Miles Gold Medallion, American Airlines Platnium, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by jpdx
IME, at this hotel, there's an 80% chance that they will make you move when using the paid stay followed by award trick. I only got to stay in the xx16 junior suite once. And a few times in the less desirable xx01 junior suite. Perhaps the chances are better if you have a regular harbor view room, but I wouldn't bet on that.
That is what i was afraid of. I am stuck between paying for a deluxe harbor view which i've been told upgrades to a full view junior (hopefully XX16) or using points and then i suppose getting a non-view room. The cost of the rooms during the time i am going is not quite as much as I expected it to be, it is $400 a night for a deluxe harbor, its right on the borderline and i was hoping the paid followed by points would work, but it seems it probably will not.

Anyone actually done paid followed by points at this property recently?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by jonecasey
That is what i was afraid of. I am stuck between paying for a deluxe harbor view which i've been told upgrades to a full view junior (hopefully XX16) or using points and then i suppose getting a non-view room. The cost of the rooms during the time i am going is not quite as much as I expected it to be, it is $400 a night for a deluxe harbor, its right on the borderline and i was hoping the paid followed by points would work, but it seems it probably will not.

Anyone actually done paid followed by points at this property recently?
I didn't have the luck to stay in the same room, however, I am only Ambassador and my last stay was last June, so you may have better luck!

From my own experience and what I have heard, they often email you prior to your arrival and ask you if you would like to pay the difference to stay in the same room... Or ask you at the check in...I declined the offer politely twice and was told that I will need to move rooms.

I didn't mind changing rooms, but I did find it a bit annoying that they wanted to move us out as soon as possible the next morning.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser

I didn't mind changing rooms, but I did find it a bit annoying that they wanted to move us out as soon as possible the next morning.
Presumably you can insist on a 4pm checkout/room change in this scenario?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Presumably you can insist on a 4pm checkout/room change in this scenario?
Yes, I have thought of doing it But at the end we decided that we will be out anyway, and there was no point of rushing back in the afternoon just for exercising the 4pm check out right..
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Booked a reward night and have RA status -- don't really need a suite -- can I ask for upgrade to harbor view instead? Do they give club access?

At the GS, they offered me a single upgrade to Harbor view with club access or a double upgrade without club access. Took the single upgrade with club access. This was on a paid stay.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by anaggie
Booked a reward night and have RA status -- don't really need a suite -- can I ask for upgrade to harbor view instead? Do they give club access?

At the GS, they offered me a single upgrade to Harbor view with club access or a double upgrade without club access. Took the single upgrade with club access. This was on a paid stay.
No, you likely won't get any kind of upgrade at this hotel on an award night. You are only entitled to RA benefits on paid stays. And even on paid stays you will not get free club access here.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
No, you likely won't get any kind of upgrade at this hotel on an award night. You are only entitled to RA benefits on paid stays. And even on paid stays you will not get free club access here.
WOW...then why even stay here?

Wonder what the ICGS offers in the way of an award stay?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:06 pm

WOW...then why even stay here?
Why! Because of the view... This hotel has the best views in Hong Kong (assuming you have a room with a view of Victoria Harbor). Staying here right now and just saw the USS Peleliu leave Hong Kong... Btw, I'm a regular Ambassador and received an upgrade (double in my case), free internet, and a free drink (in addition to the standard benefits)...

Pictures from a previous stay (staying in exact room type right now, however on a higher floor):

Picture from another previous stay (different type of room, right beside the one pictured above):

Last edited by Big Mac; Apr 18, 2013 at 6:24 pm
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Big Mac
Why! Because of the view... This hotel has the best views in Hong Kong (assuming you have a room with a view of Victoria Harbor). Staying here right now and just saw the USS Peleliu leave Hong Kong... Btw, I'm a regular Ambassador and received an upgrade (double in my case), free internet, and a free drink (in addition to the standard benefits)...

Pictures from a previous stay (staying in exact room type right now, however on a higher floor):

Picture from another previous stay (different type of room, right beside the one pictured above):
Paid or award stay?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Big Mac, how did you convince them to give you free internet? At $20 US a day, that is a good benefit!

Agree with you on the view, BTW; I have been to HKG over ten times and will not stay anywhere else. Just wish that the air were better so that the view is not obscured.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:21 am

Paid or award stay?
It was a paid stay...

Originally Posted by JNelson113
Big Mac, how did you convince them to give you free internet? At $20 US a day, that is a good benefit!

Agree with you on the view, BTW; I have been to HKG over ten times and will not stay anywhere else. Just wish that the air were better so that the view is not obscured.
I didn't have to convince them about anything... It is an Ambassador benefit and was mentioned in the Ambassador welcome letter as well.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:26 am

As a-non-Ambassador on an award night, will they let me pay cash for harbour-view room? If so, what's the upcharge? No suite or club access needed.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Just made reservations for Hong Kong IC in September. I made it on Superior Harbourview for first night and on BOGO for second night. Third night will be a rewards stay.

As I learned here they would do, hotel sent an email saying that in two first nights I will be upgraded to King Deluxe Harbourview room. For third night, if I want to stay in the same room, I should be paying more HKD1760. If not, I have to change to another room. Club access will be charged close to HKD 1000 per day.

This is going to be my first time in HKG and I'll be probably alone. So, I don't think I'll be in the hotel for long hours. My question is: having such a nice room at least for the first two nights, is it worth to pay for Club acess? The breakfast in the club is somehow comparable to the regular breakfast?

Any special service in the Club should be of my knowledge to help to decide if I accept or not the proposal?

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.