Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (Early check in unavailable). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (Late check out unavailable but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool. and The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I would suggest you get a taxi to Kowloon Airport Express the taxi driver will then offer you a deal all the way to the airport. I wouldn't pay for a regular price taxi to the airport if travelling alone, the Airport Express is often quicker and simpler, but most taxi drivers are pragmatic about this and will offer a deal.
Hahaha. That's exactly what happened to me too last time.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:22 am

Has anyone stayed here and at Conrad HK?

I am Plat in IHG, No Ra but am gold in Hilton Honors.

Am undecided which one to go for. Am happy to pay for harbour view for both but would like breakfast and or club included. An upgrade would be nice aswell.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by kitbag1984

Am undecided which one to go for. Am happy to pay for harbour view for both but would like breakfast and or club included. An upgrade would be nice aswell.
Totally different hotels and views. The Conrad rooms are on the smallish end with views of the dark side (Kowloon), the lounge is very nice (if you get it for free) and is located quite well in the heart of Central. The IHG has big rooms for HK standards, is located well connected to the centre of the dark side with specatcular views of the Island. Conrad can be got quite cheaply via Hilton sales.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I am Plat in IHG, No Ra but am gold in Hilton Honors. Am undecided which one to go for. Am happy to pay for harbour view for both but would like breakfast and or club included. An upgrade would be nice aswell.
If you are HH Gold and it is a choice between IC or The Conrad, I would go to the Conrad. Likely you will get Lounge access and their lounge is terrific. Their restaurant is awesome for B-Fast which is included for all Golds and higher.

As for room comfort, IC's are better. If you get an IC rate w/ B-fast, then IC it. If you're PLT in PC, they'll claim you were "upgraded" and you will get a newspaper, but really....that's it, no B-fast unless it is specified in the rate.

My IC Choice is always the IC Grand Stanford in Hong Kong. Many people don't like their staff's attitude, but I on the other hand love it. I always have a brilliant stay there. I once sat in their lobby with a gigantic Godzilla toy, just to make it good. "Talk to the lizard."

Spock Seat.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA - Blue

I've stayed at both - the Conrad as diamond and the IC as Plat (no Amb). Both were reward stays. The benefits at the Conrad, especially breakfast and lounge are excellent. But I found the service level at the IC to be far, far superior. At the Conrad, we didn't get an upgraded room, although I actually loved the peak view room we had. We got a no-view, but massive room at the IC with a complementary roll-away bed. The views from the IC lobby (to HK island) blow away the views of the Conrad to Kowloon.

As a gold: you will be guaranteed breakfast, but lounge access will be so so...my next stay here will likely be as a gold, so interested to see how it will pan out.

tb
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:05 am

Thanks all. Imam now leaning more to the Conrad. I am keen to get an exec room to guarantee access to the lounge and will view a peak room. On the HH thread several posters prefer the peak view so will go for that and I may always get upgraded being gold.

As it comes with breakfast not sure what other perks gold has.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC

I'd go with the Conrad and hope for lounge access. HK IC is great property, but only worth it as a RA and even then you don't get lounge access unless you don't get an UG.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I'd go with the Conrad and hope for lounge access. HK IC is great property, but only worth it as a RA and even then you don't get lounge access unless you don't get an UG.
I disagree -- loved our stay at the IC -- and I do think we get a bit obsessed as FTers about lounge access etc. Sure, it's great to have, for the convenience of a late night snack or a free breakfast, but if one didn't have it (as we didn't at the IC), we made do very nicely, and just loved the service in the hotel, not to mention our room and the pool.

tb
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:14 pm

I stayed at both the Intercont (Salisbury Road) and the Conrad.
Definitely go for the Conrad, as a Gold Hilton member I was given access to the lounge, free breakfast and higher floors.

The Intercont was extremely disappointing. As an Ambassador and Platinum Priority member, this meant nothing. The welcome gift was laughable. (a small bottle of perfume in an IHG box) The only positive was the view. The Intercont wanted to charge extra for sugar and tea bags as well once they were used up. Absolutely rediculous!
The rooms were in a need of an upgrade and it definitely felt like a 4 star hotel, and we were in the supreme harbour view rooms which were double the size of the normal ones, so god knows how awful the standard rooms are.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trueblu
I disagree -- loved our stay at the IC -- and I do think we get a bit obsessed as FTers about lounge access etc. Sure, it's great to have, for the convenience of a late night snack or a free breakfast, but if one didn't have it (as we didn't at the IC), we made do very nicely, and just loved the service in the hotel, not to mention our room and the pool.

tb
Originally Posted by cyberon
I stayed at both the Intercont (Salisbury Road) and the Conrad.
Definitely go for the Conrad, as a Gold Hilton member I was given access to the lounge, free breakfast and higher floors.

The Intercont was extremely disappointing. As an Ambassador and Platinum Priority member, this meant nothing. The welcome gift was laughable. (a small bottle of perfume in an IHG box) The only positive was the view. The Intercont wanted to charge extra for sugar and tea bags as well once they were used up. Absolutely rediculous!
The rooms were in a need of an upgrade and it definitely felt like a 4 star hotel, and we were in the supreme harbour view rooms which were double the size of the normal ones, so god knows how awful the standard rooms are.
Both posts are pretty accurate IMO. The IC is a great property, and service is fantastic. But the treatment as an RA is definitely lacking compared to other IC's. OTOH, treatment at the Conrad for both Golds and HH Diamonds is quite good, if all you want is lounge access.

I think depends on what you want. If you don't care about lounge access, I say choose based upon location.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Service at the hotel is excellent (but is it better than in Seoul or Ho Chi Minh, for example?)
The design is pretty basic (and definitely more luxurious/more creative at Landmark Mandarin Oriental, for example)
Restaurant offer is very good (but Pierre Gagnaire at MO is not exactly bad either)
Location is not my favourite (there is more action - trendy bars, restaurants, boutiques - around Central district)
The view is superb (but you need to book a harbour view room).
The club lounge is good but not the best one.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:25 pm

ICGS Question/Advice

I booked a deluxe (cheapest) room on the advanced purchase rate (HKD1520) a few weeks ago for a first time IC GS stay 1/29-2/1 and as an AMB, was pleasantly surprised to check my reservation and see it upgraded to a Premier King Harbor View.

However, being pretty frequent HK visitors, Club access is more important to us than the view or room type. Would i be more successful bargaining through email or at check-in for Club versus upgrade? Or should i try for Club at check in with the upgrade locked in already?

Further, upon checking, the current rate for my original room type is LOWER at HKD 1440, and the Premier room types start at HKD 1600 (my upgraded room is now at 2160). Should i modify this reservation up for the possiblity of a club level upgrade for just HKD80 more per night or just leave it be?

Thanks for the advice, all!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by allenaatan
I booked a deluxe (cheapest) room on the advanced purchase rate (HKD1520) a few weeks ago for a first time IC GS stay 1/29-2/1 and as an AMB, was pleasantly surprised to check my reservation and see it upgraded to a Premier King Harbor View.

However, being pretty frequent HK visitors, Club access is more important to us than the view or room type. Would i be more successful bargaining through email or at check-in for Club versus upgrade? Or should i try for Club at check in with the upgrade locked in already?

Further, upon checking, the current rate for my original room type is LOWER at HKD 1440, and the Premier room types start at HKD 1600 (my upgraded room is now at 2160). Should i modify this reservation up for the possiblity of a club level upgrade for just HKD80 more per night or just leave it be?

Thanks for the advice, all!
You can call, that's what I would advise. Not sure if regular Amb's ever get lounge access though, while it's choice for RA's.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
IC Grand Stanford, or one of the two Hyatt Regencies?

My wife and I are trying to decide among three hotels in Hong Kong: the Intercontinental Grand Stanford and the two Hyatt Regencies (TST and Sha Tin). We can get roughly equivalent discount rates at HR TST and Grand Stanford, about 20% less at HR Sha Tin.

I'm Hyatt Diamond and have two suite upgrades expiring at the end of February. I am a "Platinum Ambassador" at Intercontinental but I gather that a suite upgrade there is not likely. We have read extensively in the various threads that address these three properties, but we're still not sure.

Some travelers seem to think HR TST is in the "not-to-be-missed" category. But if Grand Stanford is roughly equivalent, then perhaps we should stay there. We were initially put off by HR Sha Tin's location, but if its proximity to the subway station makes it quick and easy to get into Kowloon, and if it is equivalent to Grand Stanford and HR TST in elegance and comfort, then maybe we should stay there.

Thanks so much for whatever information and advice you can offer. In case it makes a difference, the three days in question are February 9-12. (I should add that this post is quite similar to one I just posted in the Hyatt forum. I hope this does not transgress FlyerTalk etiquette and that it does not inconvenience anyone.)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
My wife and I are trying to decide among three hotels in Hong Kong: the Intercontinental Grand Stanford and the two Hyatt Regencies (TST and Sha Tin). We can get roughly equivalent discount rates at HR TST and Grand Stanford, about 20% less at HR Sha Tin.

I'm Hyatt Diamond and have two suite upgrades expiring at the end of February. I am a "Platinum Ambassador" at Intercontinental but I gather that a suite upgrade there is not likely. We have read extensively in the various threads that address these three properties, but we're still not sure.

Some travelers seem to think HR TST is in the "not-to-be-missed" category. But if Grand Stanford is roughly equivalent, then perhaps we should stay there. We were initially put off by HR Sha Tin's location, but if its proximity to the subway station makes it quick and easy to get into Kowloon, and if it is equivalent to Grand Stanford and HR TST in elegance and comfort, then maybe we should stay there.

Thanks so much for whatever information and advice you can offer. In case it makes a difference, the three days in question are February 9-12. (I should add that this post is quite similar to one I just posted in the Hyatt forum. I hope this does not transgress FlyerTalk etiquette and that it does not inconvenience anyone.)
This post is probably in the wrong thread and maybe even the wrong forum (HK one may be more appropriate). Also note that there are two ICs in HK, and this thread is not about the GS. I have only stayed at the IC HK (not the GS) so can't comment on any of your choices, but would say that the Sha Tin, even with subway access is sub-par, especially given it is the same price as the others. It is much, much further out, and basically, you would not easily be able to return to the hotel during the day.

tb

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.