FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/555698-ic-hong-kong-master-thread-closed-renovation-until-2022-a.html)

Blueboys999 Feb 15, 2010 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl (Post 13392175)
May I ask what voucher you are talking about?

You can use the BOGO (so far) for all bookings (on weekends) except suite bookings. When you book a "room" and get upgraded to a suite, you can still use the BOGO.

Your Ambassador status will always give you a 1-level upgrade. In HKGs case, from superior to deluxe harbour view, or deluxe harbour view to (partial) harbour view junior suite, respectively.

I would stick to your original booking in your case. - Just my opinion :)

Many thanks - so the upgrade from Superior to Deluxe comes just because I am Ambassador and isn't connected to the BOGO?

I am very tempted to stick with what I have. I take it that I can still get the late check-out because I fly home at 0100 the next morning.

Chinatrvl Feb 15, 2010 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Blueboys999 (Post 13392544)
Many thanks - so the upgrade from Superior to Deluxe comes just because I am Ambassador and isn't connected to the BOGO?

I am very tempted to stick with what I have. I take it that I can still get the late check-out because I fly home at 0100 the next morning.

Just as the one level upgrade, late check-out (till 4 pm) is complimentary for all Ambassador members :)

The upgrade is not connected to BOGO at all. The latter is just a voucher for a free 2nd weekend night. You get one BOGO but unlimited upgrades ;) See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

Enjoy your stay!

Blueboys999 Feb 15, 2010 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl (Post 13392649)
Just as the one level upgrade, late check-out (till 4 pm) is complimentary for all Ambassador members :)

The upgrade is not connected to BOGO at all. The latter is just a voucher for a free 2nd weekend night. You get one BOGO but unlimited upgrades ;) See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks again. Your help is greatly appreciated.^

flo_147 Feb 17, 2010 9:43 am

According to Virtuoso there is a "promo" out there, which entitles you to a 2 cat upgrade at time of booking:

"Double Upgrade Double Commission

Enjoy a two-category room upgrade, with a maximum upgrade to a Junior Suite, at the time of booking

Daily buffet breakfast at Harbourside restaurant

Complimentary access to Club InterContinental for booking Contemporary Superior Harbour View category and above

20% Commission"

I am a RA and if I book this package do I then get a quatruple upgrade (2 cat upgrade at booking and 2 cat upgrade at check-in when providing my RA card)?

Am I able to input a Virtuoso booked stay into my IC profile (for a possible pre-upgrade)? Do I need to call the hotel for this? Do I get all RA amenities and IC points when booking the nights through Virtuoso?

If I would like to use my BOGO on that stay, do I then have to ask the hotel if they kindly accept it under the new BOGO rules (BOGO nights need to be booked under special link...)?

Many thanks in advance...

PS: I know that IC HKG officially only upgrades to jr. suites; but there are some reports out there saying they sometimes go over their limit as well :D

best regards,
flo

jpdx Feb 21, 2010 8:08 pm

New room categories

Looks like the IC HK has created a new room category -- SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE. According to the descriptions, these rooms have the partial harbor view (xx01), while the full harbor view junior suites (xx16) are now called DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE (and they cost a few hundred HKD more). It'll be very interesting to see what this means for A/RA upgrades...

777 global mile hound Feb 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx (Post 13435201)
It'll be very interesting to see what this means for A/RA upgrades...

No doubt the new third sub category inferior jr suite ;)
They run a flat screen outside your window of the harbor :D

Benny8444 Mar 4, 2010 9:56 am

What rooms needs to be booked for an RA to get club access?

I was hoping to book a certain room that has club access and get upgraded to a suite.

Chinatrvl Mar 4, 2010 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Benny8444 (Post 13509910)
What rooms needs to be booked for an RA to get club access?

I was hoping to book a certain room that has club access and get upgraded to a suite.

No room includes club access. It can be purchased seperately for HKD800 (or 900) at check-in or by booking the "club experience" room rate.

Superior harbour view room will give you a junior suite.

Benny8444 Mar 4, 2010 10:52 am

So the hotel does not give club access for RAs?

Is the only way for an RA to get club access is to pay the 900 HKD?

Chinatrvl Mar 4, 2010 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Benny8444 (Post 13510329)
So the hotel does not give club access for RAs?

Is the only way for an RA to get club access is to pay the 900 HKD?

Yes and yes - no club access for RAs, only way is to buy it. Cannot say whether it's worth it - I never take club in HKG. ;)

I presume you are talking about the IC Hong Kong not the GS (which gives club access, as others have reported).

Benny8444 Mar 4, 2010 2:03 pm

I am talking about the IC not the GS.

Also, will they give me a jr suite with a view of the harbor?

I saw the Club IC rate and that is what I plan to book.

Chinatrvl Mar 4, 2010 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Benny8444 (Post 13511815)
I am talking about the IC not the GS.

Also, will they give me a jr suite with a view of the harbor?

I saw the Club IC rate and that is what I plan to book.

Well, they've reassigned the room categories. Although some people say that this is just a move to limit upgrades, there's indeed a thought behind it. The xx00 junior suites have partial harbour view, whilst the xx16 (is it?) have full harbour view.
They are very proactive in answering email requests, so if you really want a specific room, I'd simply drop them a message.

If the room rate doesn't really matter, booking any kind of junior suite will grant you a nice "full" suite upgrade (superior suite is a great suite!), although their official policy is no upgrades beyond junior suites...

Blueboys999 Mar 6, 2010 1:09 am

My first IC/Ambassador experience

Booked a prepaid Harbour view superior room online and the confirmation showed I'd been upgraded to a Dlx harbour view.

On arrival, I was told I'd been upgraded to a Junior Suite and was taken up to room 1201. Nice room and upgrade but the purpose of my trip was to have the full view and this room only had the partial harbour view so I went back to reception to see what could be done. I was prepared to pay extra but they moved me to 716 without charge. I must say I was very happy with that.

Only negative is that I haven't yet received the promised refund for the BOGO second night. Will wait a couple more days on that and then get in touch if I haven't received it.

Chinatrvl Mar 15, 2010 8:12 am

Sorry, if this has already been mentioned. IC Hong Kong, current special offer incl. food credit and intersting harbor view upgrade, rate code IKCTA

IAHflyer Apr 26, 2010 7:43 pm

What is a 'good' rate for July'10?

Using the 'Friends & Family' promo I pull up these nightly rates rates for the first weekend of July:

1 KING BED CONTEMPORARY SUP HARBOR VIEW: HK$ 2,000.63
1 KING BED CONTEMPORARY DLX HARBOR VIEW: HK$ 2,206.88

How do these look to the people with some experience in the pricing at this facility?

Should I be jumping all over them? (They are pre-paid, non-ref, of course)

Any thoughts on the value of paying for a DLX over a SUP room?

Thanks.