Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (Early check in unavailable). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (Late check out unavailable but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool. and The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
To be fair, you say you are "nothing". IC Platinum will be earned by several here in the course of January 2012 for 2013. This status gives extra points, but do not expect any real benefits - simply be happy if you get some...
"Platinum is worth nothing at ICs" is something many FTers believe and parrot back, but it's not true. The PC Service Standards handbook for ICs clearly states: "Upgraded rooms are very important to PCR Platinum members. PCR Platinum members should be upgraded to next best available room on every stay. It is also important to TELL the PCR Platinum member that he/she is being given an upgrade during check-in" (page 12).
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jpdx
"Platinum is worth nothing at ICs" is something many FTers believe and parrot back, but it's not true. The PC Service Standards handbook for ICs clearly states: "Upgraded rooms are very important to PCR Platinum members. PCR Platinum members should be upgraded to next best available room on every stay. It is also important to TELL the PCR Platinum member that he/she is being given an upgrade during check-in" (page 12).
Indeed; I would expect a platinum member to be entitled to an upgrade in same way as entitled at HI/CPs etc , but unlike an Ambassador where the entitlement is to a 1 category upgrade , they just are supposed to give a better room as per the PC description ( e.g. high floor , corner etc )
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:35 pm

I got a much nice room, and a fruit plate as a Platinum. Still a non harbor view room, but I knew that going in
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:29 pm

Is the construction going on around the hotel a problem for guests in any way?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
"Any" way? sure. Relevant way? No. Currently there is not an aweful much left of the former real estate....
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:22 pm

I was there last week. The shopping center, department store and the other hotel (was it a Renaissance?) is pretty much gone.
There is a lot of construction noise - but it does not affect you too much when you have a room with full harbor view.

There are some disadvantages now
- the hotel delivery zone is in front of the hotel (where the main entrance of the shopping center was - sometimes trucks are blocking access o the hotel)
- my noodle restaurant (great for a quick breakfast) is gone, the supermarket is gone. If you want to get a quick bite outside the hotel you need to walk over to nathan road.
- sight and noise from the 'cheaper' rooms on the back side
- no more walking thru the shopping center to the subway station when it is raining
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
- my noodle restaurant (great for a quick breakfast) is gone, the supermarket is gone. If you want to get a quick bite outside the hotel you need to walk over to nathan road.
- sight and noise from the 'cheaper' rooms on the back side
- no more walking thru the shopping center to the subway station when it is raining
no, there is a SOGO department store right next to the main entrence, you just need to go underground.
a supermarket and some noodle/food shops are right under SOGO department store.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:19 am

So a "Deluxe Harbor View" room should be OK, noise and view-wise?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:35 pm

So a "Deluxe Harbor View" room should be OK, noise and view-wise?
Yes - as long as you don't get 'upgraded' to the partial harbor view junior suite on the left side.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Was proactively offered to 'upgrade' my reward stay combined with the BOGO for the difference between rack rate of superior and dlx junior suite which basically valued my 40k points at less than $150USD. A one time offer since I am a RA per the email. Wonder if I should just cancel my points reservations and book a Dlx Harbor View instead and have it get upgraded to the same room as my BOGO. That would cost $1000HKD more and save my 40k points.

Or should I go with the 'best' room a RA can book in regards to upgrades? The Superior Junior Suite is $5190 and if previous posts are accurate it gets upgraded to the Executive Full Harbor View Suite.

So to summarize options...appreciate any comments

1) Pay $3300HKD to 'upgrade' from award Superior Plaza View to Dlx Junior Suite

2) Cancel points reservation and book Dlx Harbor View for $4300 and get upgraded to the Dlx Junior Suite

3) Book F&F Dlx Junior Suite for $4900

4) Book Adv Purchase Superior Junior Suite for $5180 and upgrade to Exec Harbor View Suite
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by silver-tls
Was proactively offered to 'upgrade'
IC Hong Kong bookings are harbor view or non harbor view. As a rule, a non harbor view will not be upgraded to a harbor view. Or in other words, if you want a harbor view please do book a room with a harbor view. Not exactly answering the question asked but the nicest room in the hotel without a harbor view is nothing more than a nice room...

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Oct 13, 2011 at 11:16 am
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Stayed last week

..In an Executive Harbour Suite upgraded from a Junior Suite (booked on F and F) as a result of my Ambassador membership. Initially had breakfast outside but the construction noise and cost (HK$ 250 - 300 per person) encouraged me to arrange club access for the rest of the stay ($1100 for 2 guests per day). If you can delay lunch until afternoon tea time (3pm onwards) this provides great value as you also get good canapes and wine / cocktails between 6 and 8.
Service throughout the hotel was outstanding - it was busy but staff always listened and were very helpful - always friendly. Good recommendations on activities / shopping - they have good links with a very good pearl / jewellery manufacturer.
We ate in the Chinese restaurant (excellent - as was the one at the Grand Stanford) and had a good lunch and a good light supper in the lobby lounge. The steak restaurant was very very noisy and not a great experience. Pool staff were very keen but eager to help (especially if they could get you to buy food or drinks).
Views from almost everywhere in the hotel were impressive and overall we had a great stay and will be back again (we had an equally good short stay last year).
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Just returned from a stay and didn't notice any issues with odor. Had a Junior Suite on the 16th flooor and everything was great. They honored all the benefits of RA with this being a combination BOGO and reward stay.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Saturday / Sunday BOGO stay at IC Hong Kong last weekend. RA status. Booked 1 KING BED DELUXE HARBOR VIEW w/ upgrade to 1 KING BD EXECUTIVE STE FULL HARBOR VIEW.
As an Ambassador using a BOGO for a future stay, I booked a 1 KING BED DELUXE HARBOR VIEW and will be upgraded to a 1 KING BED DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE.

In response to my request for details of the cost of access to the Club Lounge:

" In regards of your inquiry, we would like to introduce the Club Intercontinental (our Executive Lounge) is an exclusive haven for business and leisure, featuring state-of-the-art facilities and personalized business and concierge services in a spacious and luxurious, but private setting. Enjoy buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails for a daily supplement of HK$1280, plus 10% service charge per room per night (single or double occupancy)."

When I suggested that the difference on priorityclub.com was more like HKD900 than HKD1,280, the hotel responded:

" We deeply regret to inform you that we are unable to match up with the rate to HK$909+10% daily for upgrade to Club InterContinental as the "Weekend Night Certificate" and "Club InterContinental Package" are different promotion package rate. We sincerely appreciate your understanding."

Hope the lounge is worth it!

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Dec 17, 2011 at 5:11 am Reason: Club lounge comments.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have looked at the IC Hong Kong for my trip next year... and quite frankly, for the price, I just can not justify it. Cheapest room available is nearly 400 a night, and for 4 nights, there is no way I can spend over 1600 on a room in a hotel.

I know it is desirable to stay in that location for the view of Hong Kong etc... But for the price difference of over 950, I will just hope on the ferry thanks...

I know people say that the IC Hong Kong is very good, but the price is simply ridiculous.

The CP will do me nicely... ^

Last edited by BingBongBoy; Dec 17, 2011 at 7:08 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.