Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So this is how it went:

Superior harbour view on Amb reward night rate - >> upgraded to Executive Harbour View. The difference is very big in terms of available space

Executive Harbour View on F&F rate ->> upgraded to jr suite, in spite of what the correspondence with the hotel suggested.

We declined the jr suite upgrade, as we were happy with the Exec room and Mrs Wilco was absolutely not ready to repack everything for the move, so I cannot comment on the jr. suite. We were in room x14 with an amazing full view of the harbour and HK. From the floormap it seems that x01 suites have also harbour view.

On arrival we took their Merc limo from the airport for 700+ HK$ for the convenience and feeling, on return a normal cab took us for 250 HK$

Our fruit bowl and mineral waters were replenished every day.

The hotel is most excellent! We tried two restaurants (The Spoon and the Yan Toh Heen) both are top notch places at top notch prices

(NB - if one's a first timer in HK, one should go for the IC HK harbour view room. If one's a jaded old HK hand, the IC GS is a good alternative)
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:12 pm

I am a newbie in this forum.

So I'm traveling with my family to HK in April after touring China.

We have a group of 8 so I know I'll need 4 rooms.

I've looked at the Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels forum and saw that it would apply on the dates in which I'm traveling.

My question is:
1) Has anyone been denied the F&F discount in HK Holiday Inn Golden Mile?
2) Are there any additional surcharges for that specific hotel after booking with the rate and tax either upon check-in or check-out
3) Lastly, I was informed that I may need to book one room at a time rather than 4 all at one time to generate 4 different confirmation numbers. Does that mean that I would need 4 vouchers?

I really don't want to arrive in HK traveling with my entire family and grandparent and find out that the F&F will not apply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has the F&F to do list, please PM me. From my understanding I would have to log onto the link that is for F&F, then book, print out the certificate noting Steve Sickel's name, Destination Hotel, arrival date, # of nights and # of rooms and confirmation numbers. Would I be questioned by the employee at the HK holiday inn as to Steve Sickel's position within the company?

Thanks again all!!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question need help in making a choice

I am planning our trip and looking at the IC's. I want to use the Amb free night cert as well. Please help with suggestions and/or recommendations. The worst case scenario will be to book the F&F rate if the Amb rate is too high.

This is our first time to HKG.

JUL 8 -JUL 11
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I am planning our trip and looking at the IC's. I want to use the Amb free night cert as well. Please help with suggestions and/or recommendations. The worst case scenario will be to book the F&F rate if the Amb rate is too high.

This is our first time to HKG.

JUL 8 -JUL 11
For first timer I'd say IC Hongkong - and your Amb voucher would save you the most there. The rest of the stay use F&F.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
For first timer I'd say IC Hongkong - and your Amb voucher would save you the most there. The rest of the stay use F&F.
So Wil is the IC better located for sightseeing than the Stanford?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
So Wil is the IC better located for sightseeing than the Stanford?
Yes, certainly. It's steps away from the star ferry and the bus terminal there. Nathan road is 10 mins, and the Ocean Plaza Shopping center is only a few minutes away.

GS is not really close to the star ferry and after they terminated the ferry to the pier outside the hotel (have they really now?), it's become quite difficult to get over to Hong Kong island.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Yes, certainly. It's steps away from the star ferry and the bus terminal there. Nathan road is 10 mins, and the Ocean Plaza Shopping center is only a few minutes away.
So ist is "steps away" from the star ferry but "10 mins" from Nathan Road but a "few minutes" from Ocean Plaza?

Well is is five minutes to Nathan Road through the underground walkway and it is the same ten minutes over ground to the Star Ferry and Ocean Plaza.

But we agree, the GS is in a by far sub-optimal location.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
So ist is "steps away" from the star ferry but "10 mins" from Nathan Road but a "few minutes" from Ocean Plaza?

Well is is five minutes to Nathan Road through the underground walkway and it is the same ten minutes over ground to the Star Ferry and Ocean Plaza.

I meant the Harbour City shopping mall, not Ocean Plaza (does it exist at all??) and other way round for Nathan road and Star ferry... Oh well, not my day
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
I meant the Harbour City shopping mall, not Ocean Plaza (does it exist at all??) and other way round for Nathan road and Star ferry... Oh well, not my day
I thinkw we are talking about the same place, I was not sure about the name either, but you refer to the mall between the Star Ferry and the China Ferry Terminal, don't you?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:04 am

I thinkw we are talking about the same place, I was not sure about the name either, but you refer to the mall between the Star Ferry and the China Ferry Terminal, don't you?
Indeed, the one between star ferry, cruise terminal and Chhina Ferry terminal. Remains my favorite mall, despite depressingly low ceilings and newer ones in HK.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC

But the HK IC has sub-optimal prices.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
True as long as you define "sub-optimal" as more expensive. But is is all about location and not always money that counts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by mnredfox
If you are RA, the benefits you get from a nice upgrade at the IC can make it worth the money. But if you simply cannot afford the IC, the GS is fine.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by stimpy
If you are RA, the benefits you get from a nice upgrade at the IC can make it worth the money. But if you simply cannot afford the IC, the GS is fine.
ok but do Ambassadors get an club level upgrade if the right room type is selected
Old Mar 23, 2011, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
ok but do Ambassadors get an club level upgrade if the right room type is selected
Yes I think so, but that would be one VERY expensive room!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.