Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Dusseldorf Master Thread [merged] - after January 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
IC Dusseldorf Master Thread [merged] - after January 01, 2010

I stayed at this hotel this weekend, the 25-28th of March. I have mixed feelings.

I had booked a King club room WITH club-access. When I tried to enter the lounge, I was denied and the lady in the lounge called down to the reception to ask. They told me I had no club-access. Pretty embarrassing AND confusing as I would NEVER had booked a club-room WITHOUT club-access (what's the point with that???). I went back to my room and checked at the internet (used my iPhone.. expensive, but I had to investigate this as I was 99% positive I HAD club-access in my rate). And yes, my rate said WITH club-access. I went down to the reception and asked. And the man there said I had... Nice... At the same time I asked if they upgrade Ambassadors, and he said they do, but that they had forgotten it for me... They also forgot to ask if I wanted newspapers...

I was upgraded to an executive room (I think) at the 9th. floor. The room was pretty much the same as the club-room, but at a higher floor and without iPod-docking station and scale. There were different toiletries, but smaller once, and a roof-terras. In the summer-time this would have been lovely, but at this time I would have prefered to stay at the club-room floor at the second floor WITH the iPod docking station.

No fruit snd no welcome-gift until...

I overheard a conversation between the guest-relation manager and a man complaining about the exact same things, so I couldn't resist to complain too. Normally I never complain (not a *real* flyertalker yet... :-)), but now I had the chance. The guest-relation manager told me they do sell club-rooms without lounge-access. In my opinion that is very strange... Who want a club-room without lounge-access??? Not me... Anyway, I was given fruit, some chocolate and a small cake (the same as I had already eaten in the lounge....).

The lounge is VERY nice. Breakfast is ok, not the best, but nice enough. BUT They serve finger-food throughout the day and afternoon-tea with yummi cakes. In the evening they serve three hot dishes so you don't need to eat dinner other places. For me, being alone, this was very nice. I don't drink much alcohol, so didn't look what they had, but I saw people were served wine for their afternoon tea, still not know if they payed for it, but it didn't look like.

The WiFi in the lounge is not working very well. Only once I got good enough connection to read e-mails at my Iphone... Had to sit in the lobby... However there were two computers in the lounge, but you had to ask to get a code for an hour... You also had to ask for a code to get WiFi. I was not happy to have to use the WiFi in the lobby as one of the reasons I booked the club-room was the free WiFi. I told the manager, but he only told me it was not their fault as it was the internet-provider... Yeeeeh, right... then they need to get another provider...

I don't care about the turn-down service (at least as long as they don't give new toiletries for the turn-down service), but there were no turn-down service the first night.

All in all I liked this hotel, as it is very, very central, but they did have some problems.... You have to be pretty sure about all your rights as they don't know.

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

IC Düsseldorf Archive Thread

Thank you
FLYGVA

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 26, 2017 at 3:18 am
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:07 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

According to an article in the local newspaper, which is - in German - also available online, the IC Dusseldorf will leave the chain:

Source RP-Online.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
According to an article in the local newspaper, which is - in German - also available online, the IC Dusseldorf will leave the chain:

Source RP-Online.
The owner is Accor (and its subsidiary), btw. I guess we'll see a Sofitel in DUS soon...

Accor also owns IC Berlin and Cologne... let's hope the disagreement doesn't continue there.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
The owner is Accor (and its subsidiary), btw. I guess we'll see a Sofitel in DUS soon...

Accor also owns IC Berlin and Cologne... let's hope the disagreement doesn't continue there.
Owner is the Neue Dorint GmbH according to this page: http://www.dorint.com/de/e0b81cf5-21...6d7578661f6751. Not sure, if this is still accurate.

DO they still have an affiliation with Accor? I thought they ended it, but I am not sure.

However, I fear that is has also an effect to IC Cologne and Berlin as well, though I did not find any information about it aside the above mentioned article regarding the IC DUS
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:53 am

What a shame. It´s a great hotel. IC needs more hotels in Europe and not less. IC Stockholm left the chain, now this. No new hotels are joining, IC Milan will never be ready.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:42 am

Here a further new (only in German language):
http://www.tophotel.de/index.php?int...ln-duesseldorf
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Owner is the Neue Dorint GmbH
Neither nor. The owner is an investment fund (DKÖ – Objektgesellschaft Düsseldorf Königsallee GmbH & Co. KG). Neue Dorint GmbH holds the lease and IHG holds the management contract. Local newspapers report that there are severe quality issues with the real estate:
Offenbar gibt es Uneinigkeit über die Qualität des Hauses und das Kostenmanagement. In der Hotelbranche heißt es, das Haus sei kostenmäßig nur schwer im wirtschaftlichen Bereich zu halten und es gebe Mängel. Ein Kenner der Immobilie: "Das Haus ist sehr kompliziert!" Auch die im selben Gebäudekomplex sitzende Anwaltsfirma CliffordChance soll bereits unmittelbar nach dem Einzug Mängel geltend gemacht und erhebliche Mietsenkungen durchgesetzt haben.
There is to my knowledge no longer any affiliation between Accor and Neue Dorint. Neue Dorint had to sell quite a few hotels/leases to Accor and this resulted in a rebranding of quite a few hotels.

This is from the investment period:

DKÖ-Objektgesellschaft Königsallee - Dr. Herbert Ebertz KG
Die gemischt genutzte Gewerbeimmobilie entsteht auf der „Bankenseite“ der Königsallee in Düsseldorf, an einem der begehrtesten Premium Immobilienstandorte in Deutschland. Während der 5-Sterne Hotelbereich für 20 Jahre zzgl. 2 X 5 Jahren Option von der Dorint AG gepachtet wurde und von der InterContinental Group betrieben wird, wurde der Wellnessbereich für dieselbe Dauer von Holmes Place Lifestyle Clubs AG angemietet. Mieter der Büroflächen ist Clifford Chance, eine Partnergesellschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Wirtschaftsprüfern. Der Mietvertrag läuft über 10 Jahre zzgl 2 X 5 Jahre Option. Für die öffentliche Tiefgarage wurde ein Mietvertrag mit der Q-Park GmbH & Co. KG über 20 Jahre geschlossen. Damit ist das Objekt bereits jetzt zu 100 Prozent vermietet.
Fazit: Die Lage des Objektes, die Laufzeiten der Pacht- bzw. Mietverträge, die Vollvermietung, eine anfängliche Ausschüttung von 5% p.a., die auf 7% p.a. steigen soll, die äußerst risikoaverse Konzeption des geschlossenen Immobilienfonds in Form einer Kommanditgesellschaft, die Einkünfte aus Vermietung und Verpachtung erzielt und der konzernunabhängige Initiator machen diese Kapitalanlage zu eine der attraktivsten Immobilienbeteiligungen derzeit auf dem Markt. Als „Sahnehäubchen“ winken dem Investor steuerliche Verluste von ca. 50% in 2004 und ca. 18% in 2005 bei einer paritätischen Einzahlung in beiden Jahren.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG
What do they offer to RA's on award stays? Are the upgrades still stingy?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Anyone been in the Club lately? What is happy hour like? Good enough to make a dinner out of it?
Old Aug 20, 2011, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll answer my own question to say that the Club meals are not as plush as they used to be, but still good enough to make a meal out of. And they still take omelet orders for breakfast.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'll answer my own question to say that the Club meals are not as plush as they used to be, but still good enough to make a meal out of. And they still take omelet orders for breakfast.
What about the drinks selection? what times are they available from/to?

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 21, 2011 at 5:28 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turner32
What about the drinks selection? what times are they available from/to?
The usual wine and beer you would expect here. I think there was some Sekt too. The usual hard stuff, plus two nice bottles of Calvados and Grappa. I don't know the hours, but I was there between 5pm and 7pm. Food comes out around 6pm.

The mini-bar is ok, except no wine at all. In-room Nespresso.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Was not impressed with this hotel at all... Found the service to be poor, upgrade not great, basic requests had to be made several times...

Best thing was the hot chocolate ordered in the lobby bar area...
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Was not impressed with this hotel at all... Found the service to be poor, upgrade not great, basic requests had to be made several times...
Wow, pretty much exactly the opposite for me. Upgraded to Exec Suite and received excellent service. Were you on a crew rate?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by stimpy
Wow, pretty much exactly the opposite for me. Upgraded to Exec Suite and received excellent service. Were you on a crew rate?
Nope... BOGOF weekend...

When we checked in, I signed and was handed my room key, and that was it. No directions to the lifts, no "have you stayed with us before?". No recognition of RA, no offer of newspaper, not told that we had had an upgrade, only discovered later when I asked what room category we had been placed in.

I asked for some additional shower gel and shampoo as there were two os us in the room and it was not enough, took 3 attempts to get it.

Asked for the mini bar to be correctly stocked as it has not been re-stocked after the previous guest, took till the second day for that to be done.

We had a Club room, card did not allow us access and we were interrogated as if we were trying to nick stuff before any details were checked as to if we were actually in a room with club access. Two new sets of cards had to be delivered to us to get them to access the club lounge gate.

Me, RA and another couple traveling were Gold AMB, same upgrade, although the other couple had paid a lower rate and with no club access. "Executive Room" as depicted on their website marks no resemblance to the "Executive Room" we were put in. Window would not close properly, constant whistling sound because of the gap and it being December and windy outside. Asked to change room but told that we could not as there were no more rooms of that category to change to.

And some other niggles which made me dislike the place a lot.

Big for the IC in DUS.

Oh, and the blinking Concierge repeatedly trying to add me as a "friend" on facebook... WTH... ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.