Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Dusseldorf Master Thread [merged] - after January 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Is this property still charging 15E/person for the gym? 2 days x 2 people really seems a little high IMO.

Also, is the club worth the additional cash outlay for a weekend stay?
Well, it always depends how much time you want to spend in the hotel. IMO it is worth it. Breakfast is 28 Euro/per person in the main restaurant. If you travel as a couple that is 56 Euro each day. OK, you get a smaller selection in the lounge but still very good. If I missed something the great staff got it from the main restaurant. Plus you get a good selection of food and drinks in the evening and a small selection of snacks for lunch. Drinks including beer and wine are free throughout the day. But that really depends if you rather spend time in the hotel than in exciting Duesseldorf Enjoy !
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by krausolany
Lounge is definitely excellent. Very nice atmosphere in the huge atrium, always quiet & great staff. Food is also very good IMO. In the evening you can choose from three man dishes, pretty much always meat, fish and one vegetarian (mostly pasta). There is also a (rather small) salad bar and cheese selection. The desserts are definitely good, too!
Quiet is about the last attribute I would consider for the lounge at the IC DUS - I really thought it was very noisy with all the lobby-chatter and alike creeping up. Additionally I disliked the fact that lots of people in the office-building had the lounge in full view.

That said the food served in the evening was excellent, as were the desserts. But I did not enjoy both the wine and the sparkling wine served, both were "special" in taste, and the offerings in Frankfurt much more suited my taste. Did not have breakfast in the lounge as my rate included breakfast, so I cannot comment on that.

All in all, however, I was quite disappointed by the hotel. For the price they charge I certainly would expect better, both in terms of the hard- and soft-product. Tube-TVs for example are a no-go in a room that costs >300 Euro a night, and forgetting simple things like changing to a different address on my bill when asked so during check-in doesn't cut it either...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
"We will no longer upgrade a RA to a suite....

... unless you book at least a Deluxe Room."

This was the crystal clear statement of the guest relation manager who referred as an explanation to undisclosed sources at the "ambasssador programme". And further: "The best you can get when booking a superior room is an execurtive room but you are free to pay a 30 Euro surcharge and we can upgrade you to a suite".

I checked this room type and got out agaain; it is a regular size hotel room with a quite huge extra closet area - an odd shape and I have no need tor three huge closets. I let them now, that given such policy I have no incentive to book at the IC (which has quite high rates for Düsseldorf standards) but other alternatives would be freely available. I further had the impression that the minibar had changed too: No products made from grapes were available.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djohannw
Additionally I disliked the fact that lots of people in the office-building had the lounge in full view.
Being in that office building from time to time I can assure you that the people in the office building dislike the fact that they cannot open any windows without getting the smell from the restaurants of the IC and the noise from the hotel lobby and the lounge. But further rest assured that most people who have the lounge in full view are the people you regularily meet in the lounges of five star hotels. Even if they had the time to "enjoy" the full view they would see nothing they do not know anyhow.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Last year, I was upgraded from a standard room to a deluxe room. After two stays on consecutive weeks, I could not tell you what the difference or benefit was/is. Even the websiite is not really convincing. I was not impressed.

The service was a little mixed too, unfortunately.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: IHG
IME - front desk and club staff are excellent, back office/reservations are awful.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
But further rest assured that most people who have the lounge in full view are the people you regularily meet in the lounges of five star hotels. Even if they had the time to "enjoy" the full view they would see nothing they do not know anyhow.
I'm fully certain they have better things to do than do people-watching. Yet being "on stage" all day long when talking to my customers I prefer a more private, cozy athmosphere when winding down the day, and I am certain all the people in that office would tend to agree on that issue being in the opposite position.

That said, today's service is again quite mixed - this time what seems like an apprentice is running the lounge tonight, and the first thing I got to witness was that she got a lecture on how to pour a glass of wodka and other essentials in service...during that time plates on the tables and empty bottles were piling because nobody was left to take care of these.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist

That said, today's service is again quite mixed - this time what seems like an apprentice is running the lounge tonight, and the first thing I got to witness was that she got a lecture on how to pour a glass of wodka and other essentials in service...during that time plates on the tables and empty bottles were piling because nobody was left to take care of these.

Greetings - Dirk
Hopefully the instruction moved on to how to clear tables.....
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
... unless you book at least a Deluxe Room."

This was the crystal clear statement of the guest relation manager who referred as an explanation to undisclosed sources at the "ambasssador programme". And further: "The best you can get when booking a superior room is an execurtive room but you are free to pay a 30 Euro surcharge and we can upgrade you to a suite".

I checked this room type and got out agaain; it is a regular size hotel room with a quite huge extra closet area - an odd shape and I have no need tor three huge closets. I let them now, that given such policy I have no incentive to book at the IC (which has quite high rates for Düsseldorf standards) but other alternatives would be freely available. I further had the impression that the minibar had changed too: No products made from grapes were available.
More "enhancements" to the RA program.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
More "enhancements" to the RA program.

My thoughts exactly
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm fully certain they have better things to do than do people-watching. Yet being "on stage" all day long when talking to my customers I prefer a more private, cozy athmosphere when winding down the day, and I am certain all the people in that office would tend to agree on that issue being in the opposite position.

Greetings - Dirk
We missed each other, I was there too. And my fans from the office building were smiling friendly down the lounge....
Old May 2, 2013, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Do you get club access with a suite here when paying cash?

Looking at the website, I can book normal rooms and club rooms, but only normal suites. No club option is offered.
Old May 2, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Raffles
Do you get club access with a suite here when paying cash?

Looking at the website, I can book normal rooms and club rooms, but only normal suites. No club option is offered.
The next category above Club is Executive Suite I think. The only other suite type is Lifestyle and then Presidential. Any category from Club upwards will give lounge access.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by turner32
The next category above Club is Executive Suite I think. The only other suite type is Lifestyle and then Presidential. Any category from Club upwards will give lounge access.
Yes, I've got an Exec Suite booked.

Thanks. In that case, I will switch the normal room booked for our nanny to a club room as well so she can eat with us.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
As a Datapoint: On the 5th Stay in a year you get a Cocktail Voucher for Bar59 (15€ each Cocktail).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.