Intercontinental San Juan, PR Master Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: AS GOLD
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
I am considering staying here (not much choice!!) before a possible cruise on Sat 12/2/17. My question is how did the hotel with the hurricane and is it even open?
I know all the Hiltons are closed, among many others!
I have a room booked here for my cruise for Dec 3rd. I called and spoke to them over a week ago. The hotel is up and running now. Give them a call should you have any questions.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Thanks a bunch, I hope you have a good stay. Pre-storm, how were they as a property? I am thinking of a Club Floor Room, how is the lounge and do they have comped drinks, etc.?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any post hurricane updates?

Anyone stayed here since hurricanes? What is status of hotel and surrounding area?

How good is club lounge?
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
Anyone?
I am also wondering... We have been staying here every Feb or March for the past several years and opted to wait until later this year until we hear more.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
I am also wondering... We have been staying here every Feb or March for the past several years and opted to wait until later this year until we hear more.

Anyone since Maria?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 2:37 pm

Has anyone stayed here post hurricane? Please help. Booked here for next month.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I'll be there at the end of the week. From what I have heard, this part of the island is business as normal.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I'll be there at the end of the week. From what I have heard, this part of the island is business as normal.
Please (PLEASE) post a review. I'm booked there with my family next month and still have time to change hotels. Any info you can give is much appreciated.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I'll be there too in a couple of days, but noticed today that the hotel changed my reservation without my conscent, from 2 guests into 3 guests with an extra person charge adding another $80 USD + 20.94% taxes to the total price, NOT AMUSED !

However this is very contradictory since the maximum number of persons for that particular room type is 2 (and yes we are only 2 of us), also the new confirmation says that the extra person charge is per person per night... after the 3rd night, while we are only staying two nights. I'm anxious to see what the check-in document will mention.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:52 am

How was the stay?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
I'll be there too in a couple of days, but noticed today that the hotel changed my reservation without my conscent, from 2 guests into 3 guests with an extra person charge adding another $80 USD + 20.94% taxes to the total price, NOT AMUSED !

However this is very contradictory since the maximum number of persons for that particular room type is 2 (and yes we are only 2 of us), also the new confirmation says that the extra person charge is per person per night... after the 3rd night, while we are only staying two nights. I'm anxious to see what the check-in document will mention.
So far so good. No 3rd guest extra person charge at check-in. The hotel is fully operational, business as usual. Spire Amb. booked Club room on weekend BOGO, got upgraded to second floor Club Suite. Nice, but had to wait 8-hours for Suite to come available, but in all honesty I arrived at 9AM.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:57 am

<div style="text-align:left;">
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
So far so good. No 3rd guest extra person charge at check-in. The hotel is fully operational, business as usual. Spire Amb. booked Club room on weekend BOGO, got upgraded to second floor Club Suite. Nice, but had to wait 8-hours for Suite to come available, but in all honesty I arrived at 9AM.
<br /><br /><br />Great. Please keep us updated. Any reviews are much appreciated (food, location, room, club lounge, etc)</div>
Old May 6, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I was there last Saturday. Booked a points + cash rewards room because I had to meet an accelerate requirement. 45,000 points + $30 cash. It was booked as the double bed laguna view, aka the street. I am a Spire Ambassador, and was upgraded to first floor club room. Lounge was fine, included breakfast, snacks, and local beer / cocktails. It was a very nice resort. The room was a nice size, very clean, very well kept. Everything met my expectations. I agree with the comment before of how loud all of the music is. It didn't bother me though. There was no early checkin, so I waited a while until 3:30 it was ready. I received 4pm late checkout. The pool area has a guard on the beach entrance/exit to ensure only guests are there. There were no issues with power or any other utilities.
Tony300S likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:18 am

Thank you, this was much appreciated. Sounds like they're running a good ship.

I feel better about my reservation now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.