Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Downgraded RA's" -- Please Post the Facts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: EVA (Gold), BMI, BA, PC Plat/Royal Amb
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Solar, did your Ambassador year end March or June?
It ended in March
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by bello
Got the downgrade letter today with RA expiry end May with 41 paid nights at various properties including 3 IC's for last 10 months (plus lots of point stays)- I have paid 10 nights planned by end of May. Do I have I chance?
I was in roughly the same situation as you (except my RA expires at the end of June), and I decided not to go for it. Just too much uncertainty. I would have been EXTREMELY pissed if I had gone for it and acheived 55 nights and STILL not requalified. So I figured better to just not even try than to come close and just barely miss. ^
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: BA GGL + GfL
Sent a nice letter to UK Ambassador Centre this week, per the advice of another poster, to see if my 55 nights could somehow get my Royal back.

They've had it 3 days and nothing has changed online so I'm guessing it's a 'get lost'.

we will see......
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I was in roughly the same situation as you (except my RA expires at the end of June), and I decided not to go for it. Just too much uncertainty. I would have been EXTREMELY pissed if I had gone for it and acheived 55 nights and STILL not requalified. So I figured better to just not even try than to come close and just barely miss. ^
I share your concern since criteria not clear. It now looks like 55 quite possible for me afterall-might be into a June 12 month timeframe with a May RA expiry. I wish I had a better handle on my chances since I'm close on Hilton Diamond as well
Old Apr 10, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: PC Plat Royal Amb, Plat SPG
RA

Just goot promoted to the RA status after spending a total of 54 nights exactly, 27 of it was in an IC ..

I was worried because my Ambassador year was to end in 31st March 2010, and I renew for another year ends 2011
on 19th March I spent a night in CP Osaka so as of 20th March I have spent 52 nights and it was posted on my account 23rd March with no upgrade to RA yet.

on 28th March I spent 2 more nights in an IC (so reaching the 54 night) and check out on the 30th ... (still my online account showing Plt. Ambassador)

on April 4th, points and stay were posted on my account and my status was upgraded to RA

so I have a full Ambassador year as a RA ... lovely !
Old Apr 10, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
^

^congratz!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by alqasimk
Just goot promoted to the RA status after spending a total of 54 nights exactly, 27 of it was in an IC ..

I was worried because my Ambassador year was to end in 31st March 2010, and I renew for another year ends 2011
on 19th March I spent a night in CP Osaka so as of 20th March I have spent 52 nights and it was posted on my account 23rd March with no upgrade to RA yet.

on 28th March I spent 2 more nights in an IC (so reaching the 54 night) and check out on the 30th ... (still my online account showing Plt. Ambassador)

on April 4th, points and stay were posted on my account and my status was upgraded to RA

so I have a full Ambassador year as a RA ... lovely !
Based on this I should be ok- even getting the downgrade beginning of March with end May expiry. June to May - 55 paid nights with 3-Ics shouldn't be a problem. Still not sure why downgrades sent so early.Opinions?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:08 am

"bello", I really don't know why you have been downgraded with 55 nights ?!

To explain in details my stays before qualifying for RA,

1. I qualified in my 1st year as an Ambassador, (Actually it showed up on my account EXACTLY with the beginning of my new renewed year), I renewed a month before 1st year expiration.

2. Total night spent = 54 nights (I was still unqualified at 52 nights!!)

3. Total nights in IC = 27 nights

4. Number of stays in IC = 9 (In Japan, Hong Kong and the Middle East)

5. Total stays at other IHG hotels = 18 stay (All over the world, including CP, HI and HIE)

6. Points collected during that Ambassador year (before qualifying) = 222,600 Points

Maybe I was qualified to RA before the 54 nights but they postponed the actually upgrade to RA till the beginning of my new Ambassador year.
Because when I hit the 50 nights, my membership was due to end in 10 days.

I hope that can be of help to you .
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:15 pm

"bello", I really don't know why you have been downgraded with 55 nights ?!

To explain in details my stays before qualifying for RA,

1. I qualified in my 1st year as an Ambassador, (Actually it showed up on my account EXACTLY with the beginning of my new renewed year), I renewed a month before 1st year expiration.

2. Total night spent = 54 nights (I was still unqualified at 52 nights!!)

3. Total nights in IC = 27 nights

4. Number of stays in IC = 9 (In Japan, Hong Kong and the Middle East)

5. Total stays at other IHG hotels = 18 stay (All over the world, including CP, HI and HIE)

6. Points collected during that Ambassador year (before qualifying) = 222,600 Points

Maybe I was qualified to RA before the 54 nights but they postponed the actually upgrade to RA till the beginning of my new Ambassador year.
Because when I hit the 50 nights, my membership was due to end in 10 days.

I hope that can be of help to you .
Alqasimk- to clarify
(sorry if I'm repeating from a previous post)
I have not achieved 55 nights in any recent 12 month period- But plan to do so in the next 2 months.What bothers me is receiving a downgrade letter in early March (April 09- March 2010 I only had about 40 nights)with almost 3 months to go on my end May expiry. I understand early renewals for those who qualify, but why the early downgrade notice? Your experience in quailifing right up to the final day before expiry makes me question this practice even more.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:29 pm

Alqasimk- to clarify
(sorry if I'm repeating from a previous post)
I have not achieved 55 nights in any recent 12 month period- But plan to do so in the next 2 months.What bothers me is receiving a downgrade letter in early March (April 09- March 2010 I only had about 40 nights)with almost 3 months to go on my end May expiry. I understand early renewals for those who qualify, but why the early downgrade notice? Your experience in quailifing right up to the final day before expiry makes me question this practice even more.
Did they actually downgrade you so you no longer RA ?
Or is it just a notice to encourage you to spend more night before your membership expiration day ?

And when you 1st upgraded to RA was in March the last year ?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:36 pm

Did they actually downgrade you so you no longer RA ?
Or is it just a notice to encourage you to spend more night before your membership expiration day ?

And when you 1st upgraded to RA was in March the last year ?
When they sent the downgrade letter early March, the wording seemed to be final- nothing about reviewing again before May expiry. I'm just hoping to get renewed when I get the 50+ by May. I've been an RA for 3 years.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
When they sent the downgrade letter early March, the wording seemed to be final- nothing about reviewing again before May expiry. I'm just hoping to get renewed when I get the 50+ by May. I've been an RA for 3 years.
Don't worry, the wording of the letter may seem final but it's not. If you make it to 55 nights or so before your 12 month period is up, call them back and ask for a manual review. Your RA status should be extended then.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by mister__big
Don't worry, the wording of the letter may seem final but it's not. If you make it to 55 nights or so before your 12 month period is up, call them back and ask for a manual review. Your RA status should be extended then.
Thanks for input- we'll see what happens
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:03 pm

I have a June expiry but my RA renewal arrived at the beginning of April.
Old May 8, 2010, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I have a June expiry but my RA renewal arrived at the beginning of April.
Got renewed after 54 in 11 months - called for a review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.