Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Downgraded RA's" -- Please Post the Facts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 6:11 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I recently received the dreaded downgrade letter (end of May) for a RA status ending at the end of July. At the time, I had something like (since the beginning of my Ambassador membership year, with 0 nights in the two previous months) :

- a total of 48 paid nights,
- out of which 32 nights were at 7 different ICs,
- and 16 nights at various CPs and HIs.

Currently at 50, going to 52 over the week-end. I guess I'll give a call when I am around 55 and hope for the best .
Old Jun 19, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Same here, with 63 nights in total, 20 nights at 12 different IC's and over 180k points in 11 months..... Maybe time to look for a different programm.

Update
I spoke with a supervisor at the Ambassador line and apparantly the rules have changed as of May 31st. There is no more guarantee that 15 or 20 nights at 5 or 10 different IC's will give you RA status. As of June 1st, IC (as per the supervisor) is looking at a minimum of 60 nights in PC properties AND one will have to be in the top 1% of number of nights in IC's among all PC members within the past 12 months.

I don't know how much of that is true, but if so, then only super RA's will still qualify.

Last edited by berlinflyer; Jun 19, 2009 at 12:58 pm
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Same here, with 63 nights in total, 20 nights at 12 different IC's and over 180k points in 11 months..... Maybe time to look for a different programm.

Update
I spoke with a supervisor at the Ambassador line and apparantly the rules have changed as of May 31st. There is no more guarantee that 15 or 20 nights at 5 or 10 different IC's will give you RA status. As of June 1st, IC (as per the supervisor) is looking at a minimum of 60 nights in PC properties AND one will have to be in the top 1% of number of nights in IC's among all PC members within the past 12 months.

I don't know how much of that is true, but if so, then only super RA's will still qualify.
Just send them an email asking for review of your account, sit back and wait.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
berlinflyer -- please let us know how this turns out. If 63 nights isn't enough to requalify as RA, then most of us will be looking for new programs.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 2:53 pm

Yeah I am sorry, but if 1 night every single week of the year is insufficient, then forget it. I mean, its not like the benefits are THAT great.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 8:21 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Savage25
Just send them an email asking for review of your account, sit back and wait.
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
berlinflyer -- please let us know how this turns out. If 63 nights isn't enough to requalify as RA, then most of us will be looking for new programs.
Originally Posted by antonius66
Yeah I am sorry, but if 1 night every single week of the year is insufficient, then forget it. I mean, its not like the benefits are THAT great.
The discussion about this issue can be find in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...st-2009-a.html
Old Jun 30, 2009, 5:24 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
My RA-membership is running till 31st August and I just got my "downgrade letter" yesterday. However, it seems my future confirmed reservations that were made last Friday and are due till the end of August were not taken into account. So I just sent them an email and politely asked if they could review my acount once again in due time.

Just some stats:
Had 39 nights so far till now, the four reservations mentioned above boosts 9 further nights so this would add up to 48 nights in my membership year. Another stay is coming up too, so I will most likely end up with 50 nights. And with the exemption of 2 nights, all stays and nights were/are directly at Intercontinental Hotels; so over 95% of nights are lodged at the top hotel category within the IHG group. And all reservations were made for higher categories, so above basic rooms (Club Level, Suites).

Therefore I hope this is taken into consideration too. If approximately 50 nights spent nearly entirely at IC hotels is not enough to maintain the membership level in these times, I'm puzzled. Or is this a misinterpretation? But anyway, we'll see... Maybe it's time to move back to FS and MO where I was mainly staying before but switched due to my girlfriend (she has been RA before).
Old Jun 30, 2009, 5:30 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
If approximately 50 nights spent nearly entirely at IC hotels is not enough to maintain the membership level in these times, I'm puzzled.
So far, it seems 100 HIX nights with 3 one-night IC stays are more valuable for them.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 7:31 am

What is MO and FS??
Old Jun 30, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by Markus1301
What is MO and FS??
Mandarin Oriental + Four Seasons.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 4:27 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Having requalified for RA every year for the last 4 years, I've finally been downgraded to Plat Ambassador today with only 28 qualifying IHG nights in the last 12 months Oct08-Sep09, 17 of them at 7 different ICs. Looks like I'll finally have to take out one of those undated referral certificates in the vault.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 4:39 am

Looks like I'll finally have to take out one of those undated referral certificates in the vault.
Savage25, do you have a spare referral certificate for me
Old Sep 26, 2009, 7:48 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Looks like I'll finally have to take out one of those undated referral certificates in the vault.
Yeah, I've got a few of those in reserve, just in case I ever need it. Luckily this morning I just logged in and see an email back from Amb services giving me the "one time exception". ^
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:06 am

What is a undated referral certificate??
Can you use the referral cert you receive when qualifying for RA for yourself?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by EdV
Yeah, I've got a few of those in reserve, just in case I ever need it. Luckily this morning I just logged in and see an email back from Amb services giving me the "one time exception". ^
If that's the result of the email I suggested in the other thread please pm me for my postal address to post me the saved certificate.

Yes, I am kidding! Well done! ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.