is there a way to do this advanced search on ihg?

Old Oct 26, 2005, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
is there a way to do this advanced search on ihg?

ok - i want to look at all dates in the next 45 days at an IC hotel to find the cheapest date - is there a way to do this? i cant find it on ihg site - expedia doesnt list the hotel

thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2005, 4:52 pm

search on 6c.com

You can use the following method, which is not perfect but works if hotel have avaiability for all days within the next xx days:

1)choose the hotel
2)provide dates for duration of stay e.g. from today +45 nights
3) the site will list all avaiable rooms and show the average price for the whole time frame
4) click on the reserve button for the room you want
5) now if you scroll down you will find on the very end of the page a calendar, every day field of the calendar shows the rate valid for this certain day, from this data the average price is calculated

Sorry for my clumsy english...
Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:37 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
You can use the following method, which is not perfect but works if hotel have avaiability for all days within the next xx days:

1)choose the hotel
2)provide dates for duration of stay e.g. from today +45 nights
3) the site will list all avaiable rooms and show the average price for the whole time frame
4) click on the reserve button for the room you want
5) now if you scroll down you will find on the very end of the page a calendar, every day field of the calendar shows the rate valid for this certain day, from this data the average price is calculated

Sorry for my clumsy english...
Yokdoc, I must be doing something wrong. I've tried this method for various properties and various date ranges, and everything seems normal right up to the last page (step 5), but have yet to see a calendar at the bottom of the final page.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Yokdoc - this is awesome thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ - you need to pick the dates - go to reserve, scroll down and you will see a very small text link something like "view daily price" or something like that - click it and it will popup the calendar with the prices.

btw - i was in Berlin this past summer and loved it - I am going to come back april 2006 and take a class at the Goethe! I am taking beginner german now

Wie geht es Ihnen?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by allen074
btw - i was in Berlin this past summer and loved it - I am going to come back april 2006 and take a class at the Goethe! I am taking beginner german now

Wie geht es Ihnen?
Danke, gut. I worked for the Goethe Institut before I moved to Berlin. It was one of the smaller institutes near the bavarian alps. Good choice to take the Goethe for german lessons- it is best quality learning ^ Did you also visit Leipzig? really worth a trip from Berlin! I go there at least one time per week, so just let me know if you need a lift in april 06 to Leipzig...
Viele Grüße
Old Oct 29, 2005, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Danke Yokdoc... today we learned Was Kostest Das? which was pretty cool

I am enjoying this a lot!
Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:28 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by allen074
JJ - you need to pick the dates - go to reserve, scroll down and you will see a very small text link something like "view daily price" or something like that - click it and it will popup the calendar with the prices.
Thanks, allen074. I found it--it's the "Estimated Total Price" link. And thanks for pointing this out, Yokdoc. Should come in handy.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: Priority Club
Just came across this thread and noticed it was quite old, as technology has moved on a bit since then, wondered if there was a room rate calendar viewer available at all like you can do on Expedia with other hotels? Or is the method above still the best way of searching for the cheapest time for room rates.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:45 am

Programs: IHG RA, BAEC Gold, BW Diamond
Similar Problem

I have a similar problem quite often as I need to be at a site wthin a window and try for the best price.
I usually use another site to check out the best dates and come back to IHG to book.
The extended stay prices can quite often be modified by the length of stay and as such reflect incorrrect single night or lesser stay length pricing.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: Priority Club
Which site would that be? Just tried Expedia but it's been a while since I used it and it would appear their booking engine has changed a bit meaning I don't think the room rate calender is available now (by that I mean the calender where it shows a darker shade for more expensive and lighter for least expensive).
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:59 am

Programs: IHG RA, BAEC Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Barry Bethal
Which site would that be? Just tried Expedia but it's been a while since I used it and it would appear their booking engine has changed a bit meaning I don't think the room rate calender is available now (by that I mean the calender where it shows a darker shade for more expensive and lighter for least expensive).
Hotels.com is a starter...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.