Can you book an PC award for another person? [merged]

Old Mar 3, 2005, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Give award stay as gift?

Since search is down again can someone please answer the following simple question:

Can I give an award stay to a family member? (I won't be along)
Old Mar 3, 2005, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Oh, and one more question:

Should I get points for the meals I had at the hotel during an award stay?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:30 pm

Yes, just add the name of the actual person staying at the hotel. Your friend will also need to provide another credit card for incidentals upon arrival.

Secondly, you should receive points for any incidentals on an award night stay. Just save the bill if they do not appear and you can fax it to priority club.

Dan
Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt
Yup! Make a reservation. In the comments field - put in please "Please add Mr. Guest Srodr's name also on the reservation". They should have no problem in checking in.

Did that for my dad at one of the HIs in SIN. Only difference was I actually had a paid reservation vs. an award.

Ato_dan is correct in that - your guest will still need to provide them with a CC on check in.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 4:07 am

Programs: VIRTUOSO Travel agent, Amex cent, FB Lifetime Plat.
Booking reward for somoene else?

dear all,

how does it work if "A" makes a reward booking for "B" ?
Can it be made under the name or priority club number of "B" ?
If "B" is RA, but "A" is not ,does benefits apply?
Can "B" change the reservation?

Thanks,

Best regards
Old Mar 30, 2005, 4:33 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
T&C’s for PC:

1. Each reward is valid only for a double or king room for one night and tax. Reward Night reservations may be booked for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10) on the same stay date at the same property provided the Priority Club® Rewards member number is recorded on each reservation and the required points are redeemed for each room. Rooms are limited, subject to prior sale and availability of allocated resources and may be unavailable during high demand periods.

I guess A can book a room for B as long as A stay at the same hotel the same night. Since this rule clearly says that the PC number needs to be recorded on the reservation I guess it won’t be possible for B to stay at the hotel as long as A is not there.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:46 am

I just did this yesterday. I reserved the room online and then called reservations to add the other name (B) to the reservation.

I don't think B could change the reservation but who knows, it may slip through if B called and made changes. I would also assume that RA benefits would likely be given as the hotel doesn't really know that A is not showing up. None of this would be guaranteed through the T&C though.

Last edited by michaelr; Mar 30, 2005 at 6:50 am
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Gustaf
T&C’s for PC:

I guess A can book a room for B as long as A stay at the same hotel the same night. Since this rule clearly says that the PC number needs to be recorded on the reservation I guess it won’t be possible for B to stay at the hotel as long as A is not there.
Last year I asked the question of whether you can give an award stay to family or friends and was told by everyone here at FT that it was no problem. Just include their name on the res and I had no need to be there. I've never done it although others have and said it was no problem. It complicates the situation to ask whether the traveler will have their status recognized when staying on someone else's points though.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 11:12 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Can you book an PC award for another person? [merged]

I was using my dad's account to book an award for myself, but it doesn't let me select the guest name. Can I book this award and change it to my name later?

Thanks for the help,

Timo

PS- I tried to do a search and found nothing
Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA,NW,UA,DL, HH GOLD, Platinum AMB IC
YES I have done that several times
Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Yes, I have given awards to my parents
Old Oct 25, 2005, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA PLATINUM, SWA, PRIORITY CLUB PLATINUM
I have also reserved a room for my parents
Old Oct 25, 2005, 9:33 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Thanks all! The only thing I figured out was to reserve it and add the other person's name to the reservation. I got 6 nights at the Holiday Inn in Athens for 72,000 points. The hotel is only 12,000 points a night at the moment.

Cheers

Timo
Old Jan 22, 2006, 1:09 pm

Any problem: booking with your points for someone else an award stay?

Have you booked for someone else Award saty with your points?
Old Jan 23, 2006, 5:12 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
No.

Most recently, I booked a room for a friend (no blood relation) at the HI outside of ORD.

I was in England at the time. I simply called the hotel after making the reservation in both of our names and told the front desk that either one of us might show up first, and please give Mr. Friend-of-mine the room key.

I'm not sure I needed to take that extra step, but I didn't want to worry about a call the London from him (most likely collect).

So agaon, just book it by phone and not on-line for bestresults in that circumstance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.