IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:52 am

Unless you are particularly keen to not leave the hotel, paying extra for club access would not be worthwhile if you do not drink.

One of the biggest appeal of Singapore, to me, is the sheer range and value for money of the local food. You will have no problems finding three decent (and certainly better than the club lounge) meals per day for a total of S$110, all within a short walk of the hotel.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Save yourself the SGD80 and just pay for breakfast. We had lounge access for 3 days at the back end of last year, the club food is good but not enough to replace a proper meal. Lots of cheap street food available in Singapore.
ybiowyap likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:56 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by stargold
Unless you are particularly keen to not leave the hotel, paying extra for club access would not be worthwhile if you do not drink.

One of the biggest appeal of Singapore, to me, is the sheer range and value for money of the local food. You will have no problems finding three decent (and certainly better than the club lounge) meals per day for a total of S$110, all within a short walk of the hotel.
Originally Posted by strickers
Save yourself the SGD80 and just pay for breakfast. We had lounge access for 3 days at the back end of last year, the club food is good but not enough to replace a proper meal. Lots of cheap street food available in Singapore.
Thank you for the replies.

I was not able to get any upgrades on this award booking. I was told at the desk that sometimes they will upgrade award stays for Elites if occupancy is low but the hotel was almost sold out tonight.

I opted to add the Club Lounge on at check-in. However, I learned something that might help the forum....?

When I checked in the gal at the desk told me it would be S$120. I had to show her the email that offered S$110 and she told me that she has the power to offer Club Access for as low as S$100 (based on factors like Club Lounge Rooms booked--the club lounge was 100% full tonight so IDk what she is referring to), and that is what she was going to charge me.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:22 am

Does anybody know what the difference is between "Club Heritage Room King" and "Club Intercontinental King"?
I can't see any on the home page (besides price).
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:35 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Does anybody know what the difference is between "Club Heritage Room King" and "Club Intercontinental King"?
'Heritage' rooms have a different decor and are located in the Heritage wing.

This might help. Raynyan is on here so might be able to explain more if he sees this.

Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Booked a premier suite for a stay from this Thursday to Sunday

Just received an email saying I've been upgraded to premier room king.

That's a mistake right?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sounds like it, I'm not up to speed on the latest categorizations, but a Premier King is what used to be a Jr. Suite basically IIRC.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
The Heritage wing is low level and subject to a lot of noise from the Mall next door, to be avoided if possible.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RCTP
Booked a premier suite for a stay from this Thursday to Sunday

Just received an email saying I've been upgraded to premier room king.

That's a mistake right?
Must be a mistake ... A one-category upgrade from a premier suite should be a Heritage Suite (formerly Shophouse Suite). The Heritage Suites are nice, but in the Shophouse wing just one or two floors above the lobby. While the rooms in the Shophouse wing are nice, they are all facing the Bugis Junction Mall or the Street with little natural light+mall noise or street noise, respectively. I would try to ask to be upgraded to an Executive Suite (which is the category above the Heritage Suite) or consider paying the difference.
Alternatively, as the premier suite is a nice an spacious room, you could ask to get charged only for a Heritage Room (1-category below premier suite).
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
My last stay 10 days back I had booked a Heritage room but was given a spacious corner room with a large double sided TV (two TVs back to back) in a central tower. One side has a sofa and behind it a desk, the other side has the king bed.

As i was told this was a major upgrade I didnt get the free laundry.

What type of room is this? Room 514 come to think of it.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
My last stay 10 days back I had booked a Heritage room but was given a spacious corner room with a large double sided TV (two TVs back to back) in a central tower. One side has a sofa and behind it a desk, the other side has the king bed.

As i was told this was a major upgrade I didnt get the free laundry.

What type of room is this? Room 514 come to think of it.
This is what they call Grande Deluxe King. Its in between your Deluxe King and your Premier rooms/suites. Im not sure Id consider it a major upgrade from a regular Deluxe King, though it is an upgrade.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover

This is what they call Grande Deluxe King. Its in between your Deluxe King and your Premier rooms/suites. Im not sure Id consider it a major upgrade from a regular Deluxe King, though it is an upgrade.
Thanks Megatop. Very nice room. The previous time I had what I would call a standard tower room but free laundry.

Incidentally, the next day I flew a Jubilee
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Tower rooms ending in 14 or 27 are similar and my preferred room.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Just arrived and it is nice to see them living up to the promise made three years ago.

Last time I had double upgrade into sophouse suite which was not to my liking an I told them in post stay questionare that I would have been more happy with one category upgrade into suite at tower building.

They answered and said they would mark my preference into file and that I should contact the person I was emailing if I were to return and they would arrange special upgrade for me.

Well, three years later I am here again, this time two night stay at base deluxe room with points and I was upgraded into Junior suite at the tower so I can say they fulfilled their promise. Now if it had only came with the club benefits...

Overall, happy with the outcome.
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:16 am

Three days back booked Deluxe Premier King, was upgraded to a suite (IIRC room 815) in the tower. Family room with sofa and chair, turn right into the bed area.

I love opening rooms and only seeing a hallway.

As Amb I got a $27 F&B credit and all IHG gets 20% F&B discount. The free 2 item laundry option seems to have disappeared.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.