IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:01 am

Can Club level guestst eat breakfast in ground floor restaurant in lieu of the lounge?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Can Club level guestst eat breakfast in ground floor restaurant in lieu of the lounge?
Yes currently I believe, but remember that is a pseudo-benefit the hotel can remove at any time. For me foc restaurant b/f it is a bonus but not a deal breaker. Not all hotels allow this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Yes. While the restaurant offers a larger spread, we found it to be too crowded some mornings with waits for a table. FYI only. The lounge has a small, but decent selection of made-to-order entrees in addition to a regular continental breakfast buffet.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:19 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RCTP
Hi all, I've booked a 2 night stay at IC Singapore this coming Friday as an Ambassador. Have booked an Executive Suite.

Received an email today from IC Singapore that said that Executive Suite is not in the upgrade pool and therefore will not be getting an upgrade but they have extended a complimentary two way limousine transfer.

The 2 way limo transfer is already included in my rate so I call BS on that.

Aa for the upgrade(or lack thereof), the ambassador website mentioned it is guaranteed an upgrade of one category from the paid room type.

Is there such a thing as an official upgrade pool? Who can I seek redress from if it's untrue?

Below is the email from IC Singapore

Dear Mr. RCTP,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental as your preferred choice of accommodation for your upcoming visit to Singapore.

I would like to share with you that the Executive Suite at InterContinental Singapore is not part of the InterContinental Ambassador upgrade program. As such, we are unable to extend you an upgrade to the next room category.

Nonetheless, as a valued InterContinental Ambassador guest, we are delighted to arrange a two-way hotel limousine transfer with our compliments to ensure that you are accorded a smooth and luxurious arrival and departure experience that you are accustomed to.
Mr. RCTP, at your convenience, please provide me with you arrival and departure details and I shall arrange your limousine transfers accordingly.

I look forward to hearing from you and should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact myself or any of my colleagues and we will be delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Reservation Supervisor

I've been told that the 'Executive Suite' exclusion will be communicated to Ambassador members by 1st October. This is a real shame to be honest as I have been looking at booking the Heritigate suite to upgrade to Executive.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by exactlyaron
I've been told that the 'Executive Suite' exclusion will be communicated to Ambassador members by 1st October. This is a real shame to be honest as I have been looking at booking the Heritigate suite to upgrade to Executive.
That's bad news I was just about to book a premier suite for next year so I could get a 2 cat upgrade to the Executive suite, that leaves the options for upgrades to good size suites for Ambassador / RA very limited.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by exactlyaron
At the IC Singapore, the Presidential Suite, Ambassador Suite, Royal Suite are excluded from upgrades since a couple of years. The Executive Suite is one category below and hence no further upgrades for AMB or RA, if you book an Executive Suite. As you booked a Heritage Suite, you should be upgraded to an Executive Suite (at least I was a couple of months ago).
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:33 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Viennafly
At the IC Singapore, the Presidential Suite, Ambassador Suite, Royal Suite are excluded from upgrades since a couple of years. The Executive Suite is one category below and hence no further upgrades for AMB or RA, if you book an Executive Suite. As you booked a Heritage Suite, you should be upgraded to an Executive Suite (at least I was a couple of months ago).
Unfortunately not.

Regretfully, we do not have Executive Suite as part of the upgraded room type. It is currently excluded and it will be effectively shared with all IHG Ambassadors on the website by 01st October 2018.

Should there be a room reservation for the Premier Suite, it will be upgraded to the Heritage Suite. Should there be a room reservation for the Heritage Suite, the room upgrade will be replaced with dining credits.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hmm, this seems to be becoming a bit of a trend at some ICs. IC Bali excludes any suite above Club Duplex from upgrade pool for RA / AMB. Now Singapore tightening things and Danang already has a long exclusion list too.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:47 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by demue
Hmm, this seems to be becoming a bit of a trend at some ICs. IC Bali excludes any suite above Club Duplex from upgrade pool for RA / AMB. Now Singapore tightening things and Danang already has a long exclusion list too.
Indeed, I can't work out the thinking behind the decision really. Maybe too many Ambassadors are booking the Heritage Suite to go up to Executive and they are not getting the Ł rates they're expecting from the category?

I've just booking the Royal Suite on Amb Weekend and Club Grand Deluxe which will go up to the Premier Suite for the remainder of the stay. But it's no harm to me really when the Premier Suite is a really nice good sized room and for the Ł100 per night difference between that and the Executive when the majority of the extra space in that room is taken by the extra bathroom, which isn't a necessity for us, it's not enough to make me want to spend the Ł on it.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by turner32
Does anyone know what the current RA upgrade is from Heritage room?
Thanks in advance.
I am wondering the same. Does anyone have a recent experience?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
What upgrade do I get from Premier King Room?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Any comparisons to the other top tier properties in Singapore? I usually stay at the Westin or Grand Hyatt, but planning to focus on IHGs this year. Just need to be convenient to MRT and MBS.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by leland
Any comparisons to the other top tier properties in Singapore? I usually stay at the Westin or Grand Hyatt, but planning to focus on IHGs this year. Just need to be convenient to MRT and MBS.
Bugis MRT stop is accessible through climate controlled environment. You can MRT to MBS but it is not that close.
leland likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:00 pm

Can I get late check-out as a Platinum here? Will they extend to 2 or 4pm? Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:40 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Booked a 1-night stay here on points for a mileage run I am doing next week.

I have received an email of a Club Lounge Offering for S$110 for the night. (S$30 for breakfast alone)

I don't drink alcohol but would it be worth it for the food?

The only two places I feel that the Club Lounge is a great deal is at the Paris Le Grande and the ANA Tokyo but I have never been to SIN.

I was originally planning on heading to one of the night market hawker stalls for dinner upon arrival but wasn't sure about breakfast the next day.

Last edited by 355F1; Jan 18, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.