Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yikes! Thats over USD110 before any ++ additions, on top of the room rate. You'd have to neck an unwise number of Singapore Slings in the cocktail hour to make that work in terms of value.

OK, while the food offer may be not what it was, it's still good: and the ambiance has a stylish veneer - the downside is that it can get so rammed I've had to park myself and my beer at a computer desk.

I reckon Singapore is one of the places you want to get out of the hotel in the evening, if you can. And even in an expensive city, SGD160 will give a boost to your excursion. So by all means try it out, but it might be a mistake to up the entire stay to include the club lounge

If you want to experience a classy, well-run, reasonably priced lounge in the region, try IC Kuala Lumpur. the new(ish) Intercontinental in Jakarta, or even the IC Hanoi (the West Lake one). Then compare and contrast with somewhere like the IC Austin, Texas
Answering Q in other thread prompted me to re-look this thread.

100% agree your suggestions on KL, Hanoi and indeed the new Jakarta lounge ... all excellent. The IC Jakarta lounge even made us some rice and warmed a take out beef Rendang we bought out! Breakfast at Jakarta downstairs is amazing, really amazing ... best had at any IC in many months.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Good day.

I am booking an award stay and have the option of either Deluxe Room or Heritage Room. From the last few pages it seems unanimous that Deluxe is preferred, as Heritage is located near the noisy ground level. Just want to make sure I have it right? Interestingly, Heritage is priced higher on my dates.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:16 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Heritage rooms are definitely noisier. Also according to the "upgrade policy" a Deluxe room ranks one level above a Heritage room so I would go for that. If you book Heritage and IC SIN (Middle Road / Bugis one) decide to upgrade your room it would be to a Deluxe most likely.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Heritage rooms are definitely noisier. Also according to the "upgrade policy" a Deluxe room ranks one level above a Heritage room so I would go for that. If you book Heritage and IC SIN (Middle Road / Bugis one) decide to upgrade your room it would be to a Deluxe most likely.
Is that noise just during the day or at night too whilst you are trying to sleep?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It'll die down at night time, but also start again in the morning. Really depends how sensitive to noise you are and which room you get assigned.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Most Heritage rooms have no view, other than into the shopping mall and are quite a walk to the Club and the elevators.
tentseller likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yikes! Thats over USD110 before any ++ additions, on top of the room rate. You'd have to neck an unwise number of Singapore Slings in the cocktail hour to make that work in terms of value.

If you want to experience a classy, well-run, reasonably priced lounge in the region, try IC Kuala Lumpur. the new(ish) Intercontinental in Jakarta, or even the IC Hanoi (the West Lake one). Then compare and contrast with somewhere like the IC Austin, Texas
If you have a rate excluding breakfast, the Club price isn't a bad proposition once you factor that in, plus afternoon tea, plus evening canapés. I normally have Club access included in the rate rather than paying extra, which is generally better value. I agree on getting out and about and seeing Singapore though.

I've done the Club lounge at the IC Hanoi Westlake, and very nice it is too. I reviewed it here: Hanoi and Hong Kong via QR and KA J featuring a Presidential Suite and CX F lounges
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:22 am
Was eufto

Programs: UA 1K, AS Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat, IC RA, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Has anyone stayed at the IC Singapore in the last 6 months? Didn't see any reviews in the last two years.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by eufto
Has anyone stayed at the IC Singapore in the last 6 months? Didn't see any reviews in the last two years.
If you are from Earth, we have a Pandemic for the last 2 years. This hotel was shut down and only reopen recently.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I now booked 2 stays 2 + 2 days to use that weekend cert. I recall as an Ambassador you get the 1 person rate, has that changed, we are 2. I did not specify that we are 2 in the room. I booked King Bed Junior Suite Lounge Access, just curious what the upgrade will be. I was at this property before 2013.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Mar 17, 2022 at 6:32 pm
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I now booked 2 stays 2 + 2 days to use that weekend cert. I recall as an Ambassador you get the 1 person rate, has that changed, we are 2. I did not specify that we are 2 in the room. I booked King Bed Junior Suite Lounge Access, just curious what the upgrade will be. I was at this property before 2013.
Premier suite and no higher
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Premier suite and no higher
I actually got a higher level suite than that before, so I will report back. Thanks for your feedback.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I actually got a higher level suite than that before, so I will report back. Thanks for your feedback.
That's what they told me in writing. Spire, not Ambassador. In fact, they were so stingy, I booked elsewhere. Seeing a lot of ICs recently stick to the "one category upgrade only" line.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saaveraward
That's what they told me in writing. Spire, not Ambassador. In fact, they were so stingy, I booked elsewhere. Seeing a lot of ICs recently stick to the "one category upgrade only" line.
The suite we got had a separate living room with a huge dining table and was facing that new Library. It was quite a few years ago and I cannot remember. Anyway I am not going to write ahead to the hotel as I usually have done in the past. Will see what surprise we get. I am also starting my vlog(i know, I know) I am a little behind of all these years of travel. Will post it on youtube.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:20 am

Does the IC do anything notable for people traveling during their birthday? I have nine nights booked using 253k points but also have a booking at the HIX Clark Quay for nine nights using 122k points. I know the brands here are worlds apart, but i'm drawn to the location of the IC (Bugis/ease of public transport)/outside food options) and on the other hand drawn to the stellar pool/room views and self-serve laundry at the HIX. Yes, I enjoy doing my own laundry while traveling (call me weird whatever). Traveling solo so the small rooms at the HIX aren't an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.